Do you want to be the next volunteer mod? Say so here. - Page 14

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be the next volunteer mod? Say so here.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post

As for the hospital thing, it would be easy to quip that in most British cities there are more than one hospital, but probably more accurate that somewhere along the line Brits just stopped using the definite article when referring to things in everyday speech unlike in say, French where nouns are "le" or "la". Americans tend to use a lot of terms Brits would regard as archaic or extinct, such as gotten (and maybe that infuriating superfluous "of", such as in 'big of a deal').
    Interesting or not some Americans (ones who have not wandered too far from where they were conceived) on the Eastern Seaboard who may just be too old to care or add the extra word, also speak in that manner... It's "I went bank/hospital/et cetera." It does harken back to Latin (not to say that was the root of English, but it was one line), and personally I think it's a rather charming idiosyncrasy. Why make such a big of a deal (whatever THAT means?) about "folks", folks?
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    You just used "shag" and "biscuit". We knew what you meant.

Speaking of that, other then driving on the wrong side of the road, why is it you call it "maths" instead of math. You don't call English "Englishes". And why do you take some one to "hospital" rather than "the hospital". Is a hospital not a thing but a state of mind? Don't get me started on adding vowels to aluminum.
    Maths is short for mathematics, that's why the true custodians of this fine language we call English say maths. Math makes my teeth itchy, it's one of the worst colonial abuses of the language.

What do you think I meant by biscuit? It's what Americans call a cookie. The biscuit game on the other hand....

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Maths is short for mathematics, that's why the true custodians of this fine language we call English say maths. Math makes my teeth itchy, it's one of the worst colonial abuses of the language.

What do you think I meant by biscuit? It's what Americans call a cookie. The biscuit game on the other hand....
    Until the 17th century, English speakers called it mathematic apparently (and physics was physic, etc - all from ancient greek). Nobody knows why the change happened but yeah, it's probable the American math is a hangover from those times.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    The maths/math thing is lost in the mists of time, but this might shed a bit of light - http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v...tive_noun.html

As for the hospital thing, it would be easy to quip that in most British cities there are more than one hospital, but probably more accurate that somewhere along the line Brits just stopped using the definite article when referring to things in everyday speech unlike in say, French where nouns are "le" or "la". Americans tend to use a lot of terms Brits would regard as archaic or extinct, such as gotten (and maybe that infuriating superfluous "of", such as in 'big of a deal').
    Interesting. This may come as a shock, but on occasion American cities have more than one hospital. Just FYI....

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post

Yes, and Econ is short for Economics, but you guys don't say Econs. (These inconsistencies could go on for days)

You might be shocked to learn that many Americans know what Brits mean when saying biscuit. Not all Yanks are provincial idiots. Some of us even have bidets, and sanitary naughty bits.

Post Count
    So funny to see usernames with a history of abuse and some with bigotry now trying to exhibit constructive behavior to earn the newly opened mod position.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    What if you have 5 pages of infractions?
    I fall into this category lol
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Post Count
    I think it's funny watching the entire forum suddenly notice how annoying you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    He's just trolling here to try to get this thread locked since it has become interesting...

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Interesting. This may come as a shock, but on occasion American cities have more than one hospital. Just FYI....
    That was intended as humour

Yes, and Econ is short for Economics, but you guys don't say Econs. (These inconsistencies could go on for days)
    I'm not sure I've ever heard anybody say Econ like that. Over here that is more likely to come from the mouth of a climate change sceptic, and have a very different meaning!

You might be shocked to learn that many Americans know what Brits mean when saying biscuit. Not all Yanks are provincial idiots. Some of us even have bidets, and sanitary naughty bits.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TxTireMan View Post
    I will also be running for the mod don't hold my recent bans against me lol

Edit: I'm back again!
    lol, welcome back again.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    What the heck is a "climate change skeptic?"

*munches popcorn*
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    That was intended as humour

I'm not sure I've ever heard anybody say Econ like that. Over here that is more likely to come from the mouth of a climate change sceptic, and have a very different meaning!
    My BA was in Economics but it was just called BA Econ.

Post Count
    I have a BA in BS
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    I have a BS in Biology & in Chemistry. BS describes them perfectly.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    What the heck is a "climate change skeptic?"

*munches popcorn*
    Somebody who lives in Hawaii... or LA.