Do you want to be the next volunteer mod? Say so here. - Page 13

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be the next volunteer mod? Say so here.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Only one you need to know is TxTireMan
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Hi Sirius, if we have had a ridiculously petty infraction or two, can we still apply?
    Yup you sure can.

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love Money View Post
    I'm just a bit confused. MK Loves You said he was joking and Evan won't even be considered because of his recent refund fraud. 1Shot's editing has made things confusing.

I remember there were 8 names on yesterday's debate but I can't remember them all.
    That and the magical deleting of threads. My suggestion, ask for a show of hands as to who have applied officially, or been nominated, and then after a day or ? Just toss the first question out there to all.
    Just saying.
    If I get my Trump impersonation down any better I'll be terrifically impossible to beat, but being really fair is great and I will be a great moderator...
    Sorry, can't control it-
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Post Count
    I can get you guys a list at the start of next week of folks if that helps at all but then again I'd like to respect folks privacy if they want to keep things separate as well.
    Last edited by Sirius; 08-20-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Because I can.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I can get you guys a list at the start of next week of folks if that helps at all but then again I'd like to respect folks privacy if they want to keep things separate as well.
    I wave the relevant privacy rights. Incredibly terrific solution, Sirius. Thanks
    The Weird turn pro."

Banned
    Post Count
    Yea, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Post Count
    By your use of the term 'folks', it implies that you want an American to win it. I think that's terribly nationalistic (I could use stronger words but dare not). Are not the noble English included in this contest? What about Europeans or other nationalities? And the French are not included at all. For shame sir, for shame!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    By your use of the term 'folks', it implies that you want an American to win it. I think that's terribly nationalistic (I could use stronger words but dare not). Are not the noble English included in this contest? What about Europeans or other nationalities? And the French are not included at all. For shame sir, for shame!
    Haha but it is indeed open for based on the guidelines or what not that's been posted on the forums. I'm southern so I guess I should just start using Ya'll lol.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Keep it private so we are surprised. Besides a list is gonna lead to early complains lol

Post Count
    Yup you sure can.
    What if you have 5 pages of infractions?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Whatever... all are included and just perchance you had a spot too much of sherry before drafting this.
    Sleep tight my dear friend.
    The Weird turn pro."

Post Count
    You just used "shag" and "biscuit". We knew what you meant.

Speaking of that, other then driving on the wrong side of the road, why is it you call it "maths" instead of math. You don't call English "Englishes". And why do you take some one to "hospital" rather than "the hospital". Is a hospital not a thing but a state of mind? Don't get me started on adding vowels to aluminum.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    What if you have 5 pages of infractions?
    You‘re the hero we need, but don‘t deserve.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Is that English as an American might say England when they mean Britain, or are you excluding the Scots, Welsh and (northern) Irish? I'd love to see a mod writing with lots of Scots dialect, or maybe in Geordie; that would spread confusion here, lol.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    You just used "shag" and "biscuit". We knew what you meant.

Speaking of that, other then driving on the wrong side of the road, why is it you call it "maths" instead of math. You don't call English "Englishes". And why do you take some one to "hospital" rather than "the hospital". Is a hospital not a thing but a state of mind? Don't get me started on adding vowels to aluminum.
    The maths/math thing is lost in the mists of time, but this might shed a bit of light - http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v...tive_noun.html

As for the hospital thing, it would be easy to quip that in most British cities there are more than one hospital, but probably more accurate that somewhere along the line Brits just stopped using the definite article when referring to things in everyday speech unlike in say, French where nouns are "le" or "la". Americans tend to use a lot of terms Brits would regard as archaic or extinct, such as gotten (and maybe that infuriating superfluous "of", such as in 'big of a deal').
    Last edited by sister morphine; 08-20-2015 at 11:20 PM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"