Top ten fight SUP and lose? - Page 17

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Top ten fight SUP and lose?

Post Count
    And I'm sorry Truth, but the only way you could call it an acquisition is if money or other physical consideration changed hands. And that would be a breach of TOS.

So, unless speedie is willing to admit a breach of TOS, it's not an acquisition, it's a merge. By definition.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    And I'm sorry Truth, but the only way you could call it an acquisition is if money or other physical consideration changed hands. And that would be a breach of TOS.

So, unless speedie is willing to admit a breach of TOS, it's not an acquisition, it's a merge. By definition.

Sorry DM..

Oxford dictionary

1.2 [mass noun] The buying or obtaining of assets or objects:
    ‘western culture places a high value on material acquisition’

Doesn't have to involve a purchase..

Personally I'd call.it a successful merger but.. Tomat oes ... Tomate oes ... And all that

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    Sorry DM..

Oxford dictionary

1.2 [mass noun] The buying or obtaining of assets or objects:
    ‘western culture places a high value on material acquisition’

Doesn't have to involve a purchase..

Personally I'd call.it a successful merger but.. Tomat oes ... Tomate oes ... And all that
    Righto HR, I stand corrected.

But this is the context they meant:

the purchase of one business enterprise by another: the acquisition of a rival corporation;
    mergers and acquisitions.

Context is king.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You guys crack me up with the form over substance "merger" debate. We all know what happened, and here is a way to think about it:

PUN and SuperFaction became one, like the beast with two backs. Once joined in union, their members flowed freely between the two bodies as if connected at the hip and not to be separated; much like two rutting dogs.

While there may be semantics at issue, I think of this as a beautiful union where two become one in a poetic romance celebrated throughout the ages. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    There you go speedo, good answer. Although, I would beg to differ on the "unique" or "innovative" ideal you think this was. If I recall VFF was the first to implement this strategy. When factions first started there were actually three VFF teams before the battle for Brazil even started. VFF Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie. There may have been more at the time not sure. So if you're thinking PUN was the first to have such structure, you would be sorely mistaken.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Banned
    Post Count
    Wow Speed finally answered! Although I think there is semantics involved depending on how you want to view it. If super faction had for example 10 that spent in top tier they would move and take place of 10 that didn't in Pun. Some may call that merge others an acquisition. In that case it could be called either.

We did the same thing for awhile but on a smaller level. We considered it a merge of the best of 3 factions. So I don't think semantics need to be argued as its all perception.

So thank you Speed, that wasn't so hard now was it

Banned
    Post Count
    People used to say Fight Club/TAW could never be beaten in crime city. It happened there and it could happen here with the right strategy, team, leadership, and yes, quite a bit of gold.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    People used to say Fight Club/TAW could never be beaten in crime city. It happened there and it could happen here with the right strategy, team, leadership, and yes, quite a bit of gold.
    Oh please leave it in CC...
    Line ID: clementine88

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    See what I mean he'll? Told you no matter what the reality is, they will call it a merge. Obviously you guys didn't read. No members of either exchanged any places for some number of months, sup2 kept the top players they had, sup1 had no need for additional top players. The idea was to help build sup2 to take second, not supplant sup1. It wasn't until we creacted other sup tiers before we had everything in place for the idea of tiers to work. The problem with vff was that it didn't work, and became adversarial between the different teams, with each one stealing players from the other. Sup1, sup2 was successful, and did not encounter those same issues. It was a true collaboration with one overall leadership in place. They did not have the same concept, nor leadership system in place to make it work. They were individual teams with common names more than anything. I'm sure you'll dispute all this since again, you don't understand the complexities of what we did and why it worked. It was amusing to watch a few others try to copy what we did, without understanding the details. ( and the hate mob has a vested intrest not to understand, can't troll something that makes sense)

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Also, everyone of these points has already been pointed out many times. They refuse to see the answers as responses, or will say that up is down just for the purpose of trolling.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    LOL, yes, the strain is showing.
    A true CYBER word beat down has been administered.
    Someone has severely been thumped.
    In the interest of kindness and truthfulness, I declare DANGER MOUSE to be the SEMANTIC, WORD, & TRUTH CHAMPION of ALL THE GREE forums!!!
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    You also declared yourself supreme ruler all known and unknown universes. I see the Emporers new clothes, and really wish I had not. Not the prettiest sight.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    If the purpose was to build up SUP2, but no player movement was taking place, how exactly did that work then?
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    If the purpose was to build up SUP2, but no player movement was taking place, how exactly did that work then?
    Many former Super Faction players and PUN players abandoned the sinking ships.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    How about we make a formal request that in the next WD, the 1st prize is an unsellable unit which reduces stats by 99%, then see whether SUP would rather place 1st and lose 99% of their stats than come in 2nd?
    One equal temper of heroic hearts