Combining enhanced R&A

Why is it that if i combine two already enhanced rings (or amulets) i get a level 1 as a result?
    Shouldn't it be the same as with armors?
    Also the whole combining procedure looks the same, so inexperienced players will combine R&A expecting not to lose already gained levels.
    Worst case scenario one combines two maxed rings and gets a level 1 ring out of it (never done this so i'm not sure whether it is true).

Now that milestones include strong bling people will combine more and more, and i think it's not right the way it is now.

I also wondered about that yesterday, was pretty pissed when combining 2 L4 rings, one at level 20, ended up with another one at L1. What a waste of ring fusion material. I have to admit, it's even documented in the Wiki (I've found that afterwards), but it's not logical when ur used to the way armors are fused. Gree, please fix that !!

On the other hand, I don't think ring/amulet fusion can make you go down a tier like armor, can it? Nor can it make you go up more than 1 tier as far as I know, so there are a whole bunch of differences when fusing... (heck, armor doesn't even have multiple tiers in its rarities)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    On the other hand, I don't think ring/amulet fusion can make you go down a tier like armor, can it?
    I have never gotten a worse armor than the ones i fused, and i have done a lot (ultra rare and above). Think this may have happened in the past, i've been playing only for a couple of months now.

It still doesn't seem fair, also because getting fusing material is much more difficult for R&A than it is for armors.

Quote Originally Posted by RE Thargor View Post
    I have never gotten a worse armor than the ones i fused, and i have done a lot (ultra rare and above). Think this may have happened in the past, i've been playing only for a couple of months now.

It still doesn't seem fair, also because getting fusing material is much more difficult for R&A than it is for armors.
    You used to be able to get 2* from fusing two 3*. I don't think you could ever get a 3* from two legendaries (maybe) and I think you could get legendaries from fusing two epics prior to the update early this year.
    no

Combining lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    On the other hand, I don't think ring/amulet fusion can make you go down a tier like armor, can it? Nor can it make you go up more than 1 tier as far as I know, so there are a whole bunch of differences when fusing... (heck, armor doesn't even have multiple tiers in its rarities)
    In fact there are very rare cases when combining Rings/Amulets you can go down a tier/sub-tier OR go up more than one (I have done both).
    The wikia is correct with this statement "Fusing two rings of the same tier and sub tier will almost always produce a ring of the next higher sub tier" (I'm feeling GREE has changed this a bit lately and decreased this %)... It is basically a ladder where you can climb or drop if unlucky.

Why is it that if i combine two already enhanced rings (or amulets) i get a level 1 as a result?
    Shouldn't it be the same as with armors?
    I'm still very sad about this, just seems unfair.
    I have maxed 4* rings i don't use anymore, but fusing them away only to get a level 1 ring out of it would be a giant waste.

Please GREE adjust this the way it is with armors!

I my opinion, i think this is fair and balanced. Take for example:

Combining two armors:the final level of the combined armor is an average between the two constituent armors. HOWEVER, you might actually end up with a worse armor than your ingredients.

combining two jewelries: the final level of the combined jewelry is always level 1. However, the final tier of the combined jewelry is guaranteed to be the higher tier of the constituent jewelries, if not one tier higher.

Give and take, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    Combining two armors:the final level of the combined armor is an average between the two constituent armors. HOWEVER, you might actually end up with a worse armor than your ingredients.
    You guys keep saying that, and i still never got a worse armor out of a combine yet. Not one since i'm playing!
    Combining two different tiers will most likely give you an armor of the lower of the two tiers, but that's it.
    It's not possible (anymore?) to get a legendary armor out of two epics or even a 3 star out of two legendarys!

Also:
    Getting armors for enhancement is much easier (eg. by crafting) than it is for r&a.

You guys keep saying that, and i still never got a worse armor out of a combine yet. Not one since i'm playing!
    Combining two different tiers will most likely give you an armor of the lower of the two tiers, but that's it.
    It's not possible (anymore?) to get a legendary armor out of two epics or even a 3 star out of two legendarys!

Also:
    Getting armors for enhancement is much easier (eg. by crafting) than it is for r&a.
    I think what cafedecoy is saying it that you might combine two epics and get a Moontide Platemail which stats-wise is worse than what you combined in the first place.

You are correct in that tier-wise you will never get a legendary when combining two epics.

Quote Originally Posted by sturick View Post
    I think what cafedecoy is saying it that you might combine two epics and get a Moontide Platemail which stats-wise is worse than what you combined in the first place.

You are correct in that tier-wise you will never get a legendary when combining two epics.
    You don't say, we haven't figured it out already genius.

but you can get a legendary armor if you combine legendary + epic... in jewelry combining your resulting tier will never be the worse one out of the two constituents.