Amid 30% Layoffs At Gree, Gaming Giant Buys Twiitch, Opens Offices In Berlin & Oz

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amid 30% Layoffs At Gree, Gaming Giant Buys Twiitch, Opens Offices In Berlin & Oz

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Amid 30% Layoffs At Gree, Gaming Giant Buys Twiitch, Opens Offices In Berlin & Oz

Gree describes the staffing changes as a move to “hard reset the business” so that it can focus on fewer business areas — specifically lifetime value (LTV) game development (that is, developing more games in franchises), as well as live operations and franchise and marketing and franchise leadership.

Link to: http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/27/ami.../#.etwj5r:coMf

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So it's business as usual. Buy a company, exploit it for every last penny and resource, ditch it, and move on to the next one. Should we warn the Twiitch customers?
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    there's that e word again

Post Count
    Anybody play Heroes of War?

(Never heard of it myself, until reading that link.)
    Thanks for posting.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    HoW isn't a war game, as we know war games.
    It's more akin to a knights or fantasy role play game.
    I found it rather boring.
    Plus, lets just say, cries of hack this, jack that abound.
    The "wizards" and "sorcerers" rule HoW unmolested, unimpeded, undisturbed.
    Nexon is powerless to stop them, so they've given up trying.
    Versions of magic enhanced games abound all over the various "special repositories" all over the 'net.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Jmman, you mean wen them by trolling their forum, calling them names for spending? If you're going to add to your work load by adding mor forums to troll, you should ask dew for a raise.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    See, they can't help themselves, just have to make up names to call people.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I think its a real shame that they killed off the Community team.

I don't blame them for any of the issues. They were powerless and seemingly ignored, which seemed to lead to their layoff.

They should have essential to the new dev initiatives as they understood what the community. Between them, they had vast knowledge in the games industry. Relic worked in Ubisoft before. They brought real talent, but were overlooked and therefore made to appear as unhelpful and out of touch on the forums..

Gree should look at the real reasons as to why their profits are slumping.. So we can only hope that Twitch CEOs bring in new concepts for Gree to adopt.
    If so, maybe this could help Gree if they're willing to listen

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Trolls? Trolls isn't a name, it's an action. Is descriptive of something someone does. if I raced cars, you would call me a racer, or a race car driver. If I make great bbq, you would call me a pitmaster, or a grill master. If I told funny jokes you'd call me a comedian. It's not offensive if it's an accurate description of an endeavor you take part in. Many of you guys have even admitted you are trolls, some are still in denial.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaizer View Post
    I think its a real shame that they killed off the Community team.
    Are you sure about this?

Relic & Clementine say they still work at GREE as community managers on LinkedIn.
    Line ID: clementine88

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Are you sure about this?

Relic & Clementine say they still work at GREE as community managers on LinkedIn.
    100% sure. Im on Relic's LinkedIn and Facebook account and she made it very public about the layoffs (and quite rightly)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Trolls? Trolls isn't a name, it's an action. Is descriptive of something someone does. if I raced cars, you would call me a racer, or a race car driver. If I make great bbq, you would call me a pitmaster, or a grill master. If I told funny jokes you'd call me a comedian. It's not offensive if it's an accurate description of an endeavor you take part in. Many of you guys have even admitted you are trolls, some are still in denial.
    oh sump, your use of the word trolls had nothing to do with my post.

There I made it a little easier for you
    Last edited by sstuutss; 07-27-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Jmman, you mean wen them by trolling their forum, calling them names for spending? If you're going to add to your work load by adding mor forums to troll, you should ask dew for a raise.
    I think we all know what you meant there gump. Why can't you just stop attacking people? You are not an innocent in all of the negativity here bro. You are very much in the thick of it.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Attacking, and responding are different things. Also the things I point out are based on facts and evidence. Something you guys seem to know little about. I am curious though, how long does it take to go through the approval process with the boss to get something posted from the time you think of it. Or are all the posts really his ideas, and he meets out a few to each employee? See, I can actually excuse most of you guys, you're just doing a job you're paid to do. Until one of you let the cat out of the bag, it looked more like a cult.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Are you talking about me? Trust when I tell you I couldn't be further than I am with the gang you are talking about. I just like to voice my opinion once in awhile, seems ok for you. But when you start talking "facts this and facts that", I'm really wondering where these facts are. Just because you seem to think you have money doesn't make what you spout off as true. You really do have an ego complex don't you?

I would wager though that being a friend of Dew would be a lot more sincere than being a freind of yours.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit