Amid 30% Layoffs At Gree, Gaming Giant Buys Twiitch, Opens Offices In Berlin & Oz - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amid 30% Layoffs At Gree, Gaming Giant Buys Twiitch, Opens Offices In Berlin & Oz

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Haha, why don't you just try that in for size and see what its like. I'm sure you and dew could be bffs. Good luck. Having money dosnt make the truth, the truth just is. See, it's funny that you're the one bringing up money, when it wasn't even part of this conversation. More proof of that jealousy thing I have mentioned In the past.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have no interest in conforming to either side of this. The bottom line is you, apparently love facts. I'm questioning what, and where these facts are. As far as money, I could give two $hit$ about money, we're looking for facts, right?

Calm down there gump, your ego is showing again...
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    If you don't care about money, why did you bring it up, this convo had nothing to do with that. Again, those pesky facts are getting in the way of the words you're typing. I never said I had money. In fact it's well known ( right from mr dews mouth) that I get both free gree gold, and kickbacks on gold purchases by others. How does that sound like I think I have money.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    If you don't care about money, why did you bring it up, this convo had nothing to do with that. Again, those pesky facts are getting in the way of the words you're typing. I never said I had money. In fact it's well known ( right from mr dews mouth) that I get both free gree gold, and kickbacks on gold purchases by others. How does that sound like I think I have money.
    Mostly because I like your witty conversations. It gives me vocabulary lessons while I wait for the tourney in a game thats far superior. Cheese
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Gree says that its top three titles — Modern War, Crime City, and War of Nations — have been downloaded over 130 million times. Knights & Dragons, which was co-developed with IUGO, brought in over $80 million in revenue in its first two years. The company is valued at $1.4 billion and has a run rate of $1 billion...........Wonder Thanks to who???? bahahaha TOP 10 please keep spending we need you kind money contribution to keep playing for FREE lol

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Speed gimp is probably the most annoying thing on this forum and the reason i rarely check in on his troll posts in here that make him look aggressive towards everyone. Notice how he never offers offers constructive comment on anything or towards anyone without saying they are wrong but funnily it's usually him that looks the tool.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Buying???

This can't be. Gree was closing shop. All the posts are predicting it. A few ex-players were jumping for joy.

The trolls are going to be sooo pissed.

Post Count
    Nope this is common strategy for an aquisition based sw company. They buy, suck out all the cash and toss away the empty shell. What is happening here is a classic example, the bean counters are watching revenues decline giving them an excuse to start the layoff process. This frees up cash to aquire something else. Funzio principals could get monumentally screwed if part of the purchase involved stock as could this new aquisition.

The comments from current and former gree staff underlines a total lack of upper management focus and commitment to their products which is why these titles are going down the toilet.

If greecorpse had management that had a clue they would have purged themselves and got product Q&A back on track. As it is they seem to actually want these products to fail.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This forum is dying because every damn thread ends up in the same old playground arguments. This used to be something approaching a community, where players worked together to offset the indifference of Gree. Now what is it? Half a dozen bums fighting under an overpass while the trustfund kids video it for YouTube? Jesus.

Post Count
    ~Locked. Thread has run its course.