Thread locked

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: Thread locked

  1. #1
    Prominent Poet Winnson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    1,635

    Thread locked

    In the name of efficiency, how about we lock every thread ever made on this forum, before it's made?

    For example, in the future, this thread would already have been locked before it was made, because nobody is allowed to post on these forums.

    For the dwindling threads that remain on these forums, how about we go ahead and lock them down right now?

    Does that sound like a good idea or what?

  2. #2
    Prominent Poet Winnson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    1,635
    If your answer was 'no', then you're in the wrong place son.
    Last edited by Winnson; 05-03-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: your not you're

  3. #3
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Post Count
    220
    If you're talking about the thread with the bonus gold it's a program that Gree runs. Send in a ticket asking about it.

    As for the mods locking threads that's their way of getting attention. Pathetic!!

  4. #4
    Prominent Poet Winnson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    1,635
    We freely promote tolerance, understanding, and discussion. As a matter of fact we encourage it!

    *thread locked*

  5. #5
    Banned
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    1,269
    Like a forum post Minority Report?

    Threads will be created and they will inevitably invite comments which may result in eventual infractions. Therefore, thread creation should be eliminated to prevent such eventualities.

    I like it.

  6. #6
    Prominent Poet Evan1000's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pluto
    Post Count
    2,072
    Another thread about locking threads?

    #LOCKED
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

  7. #7
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Saratoga, New York
    Post Count
    113
    I very rarely comment, but I always get a good chuckle from the mods threatening to lock threads you guys comment on back and forth on. They take this board way too seriously. It's kinda sad, actually. They must know the game is dying a slow death. I wonder if they joke around the office and have bets going. "X amount of days until we are out of a job."

  8. #8
    Verbose Veteran legalious's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by I love tacos View Post
    As for the mods locking threads that's their way of getting attention. Pathetic!!
    What purpose would us moderators have in locking threads for attention. Your attempt at defamation goes evaded. We don't desire attention, we just want the same things most people want for the games we do play.
    Last edited by legalious; 05-04-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: To prevent continued shaming.

  9. #9
    Master of Musings Max Power's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Post Count
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    What purpose would us moderators have in locking threads for attention. Your attempt at slander goes evaded. We don't desire attention, we just want the same things most people want for the games we do play.
    That would be libel, not slander. Just an FYI for future legal action.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    1,269
    It is impossible to make a spoken statement in writing, regardless of accuracy. All statements made in writing are written statements.

    Edit: Lol. The post to which mine refers was deleted. I would have quoted it but I think that would have been considered naming and shaming.
    Last edited by Weasel; 05-04-2015 at 11:45 AM.

  11. #11
    Prominent Poet Winnson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    1,635
    To say the moderation here is heavy handed would be a tremendous understatement.

  12. #12
    Steady Scribe beartrap's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    76
    I have been watching from the sidelines and it seems that the moderators are only doing what is needed to. Break the CoC and you will get an array of things (post edit, deleted, warning, infraction, ban).

    Moderation has been justified, but some guys seem power hungry (non moderators) to a point where what you say or do holds more weight than someone who holds a greater position in power. Just because you feel high and mighty as a tapper or a regular poster, you still have to follow the rules. For those that continue to get moderated, you might want to rethink how you post and don't just troll for the sake of it.

    Threads like this only exist to cause unrest and don't provide actual value to the GAME.

  13. #13
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    UK
    Post Count
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by beartrap View Post

    Threads like this only exist to cause unrest and don't provide actual value to the GAME.
    Remove the fun and banter, the fourms will die even more than they already have

  14. #14
    Master of Musings Max Power's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Post Count
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    What purpose would us moderators have in locking threads for attention. Your attempt at defamation goes evaded. We don't desire attention, we just want the same things most people want for the games we do play.
    LOL @ your edit reason. Well played.

  15. #15
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    Quote Originally Posted by beartrap View Post
    I have been watching from the sidelines and it seems that the moderators are only doing what is needed to. Break the CoC and you will get an array of things (post edit, deleted, warning, infraction, ban).

    Moderation has been justified, but some guys seem power hungry (non moderators) to a point where what you say or do holds more weight than someone who holds a greater position in power. Just because you feel high and mighty as a tapper or a regular poster, you still have to follow the rules. For those that continue to get moderated, you might want to rethink how you post and don't just troll for the sake of it.

    Threads like this only exist to cause unrest and don't provide actual value to the GAME.
    You're new here. There used to be lots of conversation here, including arguments, debates, taunting, bragging, etc. People used to enjoy coming here to talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •