• It should NOT be banned from PUBLIC property

10 43.48%
  • It should be banned from PRIVATE property

4 17.39%
  • It should NOT be banned from PRIVATE property

18 78.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Banning of the Confederate Flag (or whatever that flag is called)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Here's my view on the whole thing.. who cares?

It's a flag. Of course it should be banned from public property, but who cares if someone owns a confederate flag? It's cool looking. My uncle has a Nazi knife which is pretty cool. There's nothing wrong with owning a flag.

But flying it in front of your house.. private property or not.. is messed up and you all know why. Not because of slavery. Whoever said the flag symbolizes slavery and state rights is wrong. Of course those were the reasons that drove the formation of the confederacy, but that's not what it symbolizes.

It symbolizes the darkest time in an American history where almost half of our country wanted to leave and led to the heaviest loss of American lives in any war in American history.

That's what your reminding everyone of when you fly that flag. Not southern pride or state rights or even slaves. And that's why it should be banned.

Well, you could say it symbolizes southern pride if you want, but if you're proud of the American civil war.. wow
    Agreed, some ppl may find that messed up. But should it be banned from being flown on private property? Should it be banned for me to fly it on my front lawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    Zzzzzzzzzz.

Who cares, boring subject, move on please.

Post Count
    Nahhhhhhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Agreed, some ppl may find that messed up. But should it be banned from being flown on private property? Should it be banned for me to fly it on my front lawn?
    You can do whatever you want on your own property. But I don't understand why people are actually fighting for the flag to not be banned. Why would someone care so much to fly a flag knowing the history it holds, and be proud of that?
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Zzzzzzzzzz.

Who cares, boring subject, move on please.
    Nobody is forcing you to participate. Perhaps you should move on and let people talk about what they want to talk about.

You can do whatever you want on your own property. But I don't understand why people are actually fighting for the flag to not be banned. Why would someone care so much to fly a flag knowing the history it holds, and be proud of that?
    A huge element from what I am told by my friends and business colleagues in the south is that they do not want to be told what to do, especially by people who don't live in the south. Perhaps double especially by northern kids who were crapping their pants around the year 2000 telling them how it all works from public education school books, the same books that told you Columbus discovered the Americas.

When forming a strong opinion about something, especially when advocating policy, it is always a good idea to walk a mile in the other man's shoes.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Yeah or Neah?
    As a Brit, the argument over public property is outside my experience so no vote on it. But I voted should not be banned from private property. The day so-called authorities bust into somebody's home to confiscate a flag is the day you know freedom of thought has been outlawed.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    A racist would have two candidates turn up for a job interview, one white, one black. Equal qualifications and experience. Guess who gets the job?

Unless you're a black person who faces harassment on a daily basis by the cops and racism from people like you, then you shouldn't comment on the subject.

Someone who has racist thoughts should seek help. Failing that they should keep their nasty views to themselves and not act upon them. You are the terrible person.
    Are you a black person that faces daily harrasment?? If so, is it because you are black? How do you know? Maybe they don't like your clothes, hair, car, language or just your general aura ...??? Maybe your just an ass and you deserve it? (Not saying you are, but maybe it's not because of your skin color.....don't be so vein)
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    A huge element from what I am told by my friends and business colleagues in the south is that they do not want to be told what to do, especially by people who don't live in the south. Perhaps double especially by northern kids who were crapping their pants around the year 2000 telling them how it all works from public education school books, the same books that told you Columbus discovered the Americas.

When forming a strong opinion about something, especially when advocating policy, it is always a good idea to walk a mile in the other man's shoes.
    It's not from a public school textbook, but even if it was please tell me where I'm wrong in anything of what I said. My age and where I'm from has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion and whether or not I'm right. Please stop bringing my age into every discussion because you can't come up with a good enough argument to prove me wrong, other than by stating over and over again "he's a kid he doesn't know what he's talking about."

And to your actual argument about southern people don't want to be told what to do, that's completely fine and they're not alone. No one wants to be told what to do. People should be free to do what they please with the government just there for protection and to make sure no one goes over the line. But it's those people that go over the line (such as the people in the confederate flag rally in SC) that ruin it for everyone else.

Post Count
    It's not from a public school textbook, but even if it was please tell me where I'm wrong in anything of what I said. My age and where I'm from has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion and whether or not I'm right. Please stop bringing my age into every discussion because you can't come up with a good enough argument to prove me wrong, other than by stating over and over again "he's a kid he doesn't know what he's talking about."

And to your actual argument about southern people don't want to be told what to do, that's completely fine and they're not alone. No one wants to be told what to do. People should be free to do what they please with the government just there for protection and to make sure no one goes over the line. But it's those people that go over the line (such as the people in the confederate flag rally in SC) that ruin it for everyone else.
    OK, I,will leave age out of it and assume you are a dumbass instead. Better? You were the one that always brought age up when it suited you, now no one is allowed to mention it? Maybe if you acted more you knew how the world worked age wouldnt come up at all.

You asked why anyone supported that flag, when it is your OPINION that nobody should. There have been plenty of reasons listed here, and elsewhere, and you either disagree or dismiss them. What the flag stands for you clearly doesnt apply to all. Its not your state, its not your flag, and while you are entitled to any opinion you want, that doesnt mean that a state should have to remove thier flag because YOU think they should.

And who defines what is over the line? You? The more you talk, the more I am thinking that SC should leave the flag up.
    Last edited by Max Power; 08-02-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Post Count
    I never said no one can mention my age, I said you can't use it as an argument. Learn to read, then call me a dumbass.

My question was rhetorical. And the meaning of the flag applies to every American. I told you what the flag stands for, it could mean something else to others but that's one of it's meanings and anytime someone raises that flag it will always mean that to someone, especially if they've had an ancestor fight in the civil war, northern or not.

Also, how do you know where I'm from? I could be from Texas for all you know.

Seriously the more you talk the more you sound like a douche. I'm just having fun but you seem to take all this personal. You've resorted to insults to try and prove your point. Kind of sad, really.
    Last edited by Evan1000; 08-03-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Post Count
    Evan, stop giving out personal information. I'm telling you this for your own good. I could probably come pretty close to finding out everything about you based only one information you've blurted out on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MK Loves You View Post
    If you want to hear about my views on racism, there's a video on youtube called "MK loves racism". You can totally check that out if you want, or not I really don't care.
    Lmao this guy. Love it. Still watching others, hilarious
    I've been told I can be inappropriate.....
    Guilty of refund fraud
    Have sold aCcounts for USD (and gree helped by manually transferring them lmao)
    Chronic namer & shamer
    Insults mods and staff regularly
    Evades ban regularly

Bans YTD: 5 and counting

Post Count
    I never said no one can mention my age, I said you can't use it as an argument. Learn to read, then call me a dumbass.

My question was rhetorical. And the meaning of the flag applies to every American. I told you what the flag stands for, it could mean something else to others but that's one of it's meanings and anytime someone raises that flag it will always mean that to someone, especially if they've had an ancestor fight in the civil war, northern or not.

Also, how do you know where I'm from? I could be from Texas for all you know.

Seriously the more you talk the more you sound like a douche. I'm just having fun but you seem to take all this personal. You've resorted to insults to try and prove your point. Kind of sad, really.
    LOL....newsflash, I can do whatever I want. Don't tell me what I can and can't use in an "argument".

And yes, I am a douche, I fully admit that, one that doesn't suffer fools gladly. I don't know, I just find you colossally precocious and annoying. Maybe it's the 57 screen shots proving prizes don't stack after a moderator told us exactly that months before. Maybe it's the incessant whining about wanting your tapjoy gold back. Maybe it's every time people called you out for something you used your age as a crutch to get out of it, then change your tune later.

Trust me, this is far from personal. I really couldn't give two dookies if you jump off a cliff tomorrow. Don't get me started on what's "kinda sad"....LOL!

Post Count
    LOL....newsflash, I can do whatever I want. Don't tell me what I can and can't use in an "argument".

And yes, I am a douche, I fully admit that, one that doesn't suffer fools gladly. I don't know, I just find you colossally precocious and annoying. Maybe it's the 57 screen shots proving prizes don't stack after a moderator told us exactly that months before. Maybe it's the incessant whining about wanting your tapjoy gold back. Maybe it's every time people called you out for something you used your age as a crutch to get out of it, then change your tune later.

Trust me, this is far from personal. I really couldn't give two dookies if you jump off a cliff tomorrow. Don't get me started on what's "kinda sad"....LOL!
    And you didn't even mention that "oh, it was sarcasm/rhetorical" thing that he does so well.

Post Count

That whole speech was kinda sad.

Complaining about someone complaining is worse than complaining, btw.

You sound like a kid with the "I don't care" and the "I can do what I want" attitude.