Please, no equipment. I hated that
    For once, I agree with Speed, lol

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlion View Post
    For once, I agree with Speed, lol
    Same here lol. If that's not a sign that this is the end of days, I don't know what is.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Maybe we all need group therapy

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Out of curiosity, what were the best items of equipment available?

I never bothered with it, but I like to see how the other half live(d).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Agree it was dire, but at least i could attack whales in WD as pretty much a level playing field. Now with teams having monster stat players sitting it out in retirement in lower league teams its again a lottery to get points.

Post Count
    Another item to add to the list, the coverage range of defence buildings. Even from the very start of the game Funzio never really fessed up to whether that aspect of the building was ever put into play. Granted given the low stats of the old buildings these days it seems pointless to own any but here they are still in the game.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Another item to add to the list, the coverage range of defence buildings. Even from the very start of the game Funzio never really fessed up to whether that aspect of the building was ever put into play. Granted given the low stats of the old buildings these days it seems pointless to own any but here they are still in the game.

It never change. WYSIWY.don't.G
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I think the persistence of many of the older or unsuccessful elements of the game is mainly down to the fact that people had previously parted with money to acquire them, hence total deletion would require refunding money to customers or at least returning gold, which we know Gree do not enjoy doing.

I'd like to see the defence buildings updated. Though raiding is less of a component than it once was, anything that adds additional facets to gameplay has to be a good thing.

Additionally, why did we get a boost building for defence, but not one for attack? Seems obvious.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I don't think that's true, they made older told units useless with stat inflation, they made the equipment useless, and at one time they changed the gameplay so that anyone could attack almost anyone, despite how big or how much they had spent. Just dropping elements out of the game I think affects other aspects, and we all all know they can't add things without hugs and glitches, think what would happen if they took them away.

Banned
    Post Count
    Pharaoh may have a point because we still have all the equipment that some did spend money on to acquire. But Speed could be right also. Who knows, it is gree we are talking about.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Judging from the chat in GM rooms I would say that equipment (and accomplices in CC) cost Gree not once but twice.

A number of people quit the game and/or went to third parties for compensation after the belief that their "invested" cash was instantly devalued to zero... And then... Once equipment was dropped, the same thing happened again, certain people claimed that invested money to achieve said equipment was a waste..

Certainly wont debate what is considered a "waste of money", but I'm sure Gree would have to be very careful to ensure that they don't cause the same sort of loss by attempting to reintroduce it again.

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    lol yes hell raizer summed it up nicely as always... lol someone needs to put that hat back on HIM at least he still knows more then the paid mods/admin do. sorry to throw you under buss hellraizer but at least you always gave educated and honest answers

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Hell, they've had so many instances of that, it's ridiculous. It's one thing to have to keep building in the foundation, it's quite another when they blow up the foundation every few months and make you basically rebuild. I guess at least you already have the property, water, sewer, and electrical in place, so it's not a complete loss, but dosnt make you feel warm and fuzzy about it either. I guess I'm used to it now, but is nuts just how many times they've done that. Then I keep hearing how new guys are screwed. It's almost the other way around. Each new round of changes the newer guys have more of a chance to catch up without spending the kind of money some spent to get their stats. I remeber what it took for me and mr dew to reach 100k early, then 200k, etc. Every penny of that was wasted. Who would even want a unit that was a hundred k today.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these. Skill points still matter but as a player I tend to go for the energy gain etc.

If I recall correctly, the classified part is for up coming events but I know that might change into something else that could be fun.
    The "Classified" part is where the TEMP bonuses given during events would show (collect "x" number of part to activate the temp bonus) GREE NERF them a few cycles ago, because .....

1- many complained they wanted more perm bonuses rather than temp
    2- many players only did events to get the temp bonuses (the good ones like extra energy regen and 1+ building upgrade) then stop doing the rest of events = less revenues for Gree = Temp bonuses got nuke