DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three Quick Questions

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Three Quick Questions

Hi Sirius, I've got three quick questions:

1. How does "soldier equipment" work? It's in my profile, but I'm not sure how it works.

2. How are skill points relevant to attacks or missions?

3. What are the "classified" portions of the events stated in the globe?

Any explanation would be helpful for our faction's new players.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Soldier equipment is crap, was a mistake by gree trying to change game a while back. Its worthless.
    Skill points dont do crap for attack or defense, so just use them for energy.
    The "classified"portion in globe is crap also, it means nothing.
    Hope this was helpful lol

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think he was looking for an "official" answer. Thanks though.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Hi Sirius, I've got three quick questions:

1. How does "soldier equipment" work? It's in my profile, but I'm not sure how it works.

2. How are skill points relevant to attacks or missions?

3. What are the "classified" portions of the events stated in the globe?

Any explanation would be helpful for our faction's new players.

Thanks!
    Not sure if Sirrius will ever see this so here's what I notice.

Those are good questions, I'm pretty sure the soldier equipment is a failed experiment though I recall some mention of it coming back. For now I think it's dead.

Skill points another mystery eh, gree supposedly rejigged the formula when we got the chance to redistribute them. Prior to this I had noticed that if you distributed the points in a specific manner the game would misread what you had. After the redistribution it seems this oddity was not fixed....

Are the classified portions upcoming events, granted I have no idea anymore, just a wild guess.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajk View Post
    I think he was looking for an "official" answer. Thanks though.
    Good luck getting an 'official' answer. With the latest round of layoffs, not many around. And, even when they're around, they don't know much or lie.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    1,2 As many have said, those were from "old" gameplay and is not relevant anymore.
    3 There used to be a temporary boost in each event, and this "Classified" tap reveals these boost one by one. But this part of the gameplay is also history now. i.e. irrelevant too.

Post Count
    I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these. Skill points still matter but as a player I tend to go for the energy gain etc.

If I recall correctly, the classified part is for up coming events but I know that might change into something else that could be fun.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these. Skill points still matter but as a player I tend to go for the energy gain etc.

If I recall correctly, the classified part is for up coming events but I know that might change into something else that could be fun.
    Yeah, but Sirius, you can't leave these up to the community to answer as the community has never been given the answers in the first place. Any answers we might give are pure supposition and guesswork as no one from Gree has ever told us anything regarding these functions and how, in detail, they actually work. We believe one and two are redundant, but that only because we can't see any obvious macro effect that you can say "Aha! That's equipment at work!" Or "Aha! That's skill points in play!".

How about some straight answers on how, exactly and in detail, these two functions are or were intended to work, or if they are redundant - tell us they're redundant.

Sorry bud, as last mod standing you're our only channel to the people with the real answers as opposed to forum guesswork. Thanks dude.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Yeah, but Sirius, you can't leave these up to the community to answer as the community has never been given the answers in the first place. Any answers we might give are pure supposition and guesswork as no one from Gree has ever told us anything regarding these functions and how, in detail, they actually work. We believe one and two are redundant, but that only because we can't see any obvious macro effect that you can say "Aha! That's equipment at work!" Or "Aha! That's skill points in play!".

How about some straight answers on how, exactly and in detail, these two functions are or were intended to work, or if they are redundant - tell us they're redundant.

Sorry bud, as last mod standing you're our only channel to the people with the real answers as opposed to forum guesswork. Thanks dude.

No worries! I'll see what I can find out in greater detail though it might not be today due to it's most folks time to head home^^

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlion View Post
    Good luck getting an 'official' answer. With the latest round of layoffs, not many around. And, even when they're around, they don't know much or lie.
    Well lookie there. What I was referring to was based on recent previous posts by Sirius saying communication is going to be better. I know, I know, it's never been consistent in the past but I think maybe (hopefully) they realize it is very, very much needed. I took the thread post as a "testing of the waters" so to speak because the op has been around the block a few times here.

Just follow up on it Sirius, I don't think it's ever been fully explained here since the redistribution of skill points at least. How do they work exactly in all the available places to allocate them?

I may even load my games back up if Gree makes a long lasting attempt to communicate.
    Last edited by Ajk; 07-24-2015 at 05:48 PM.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sirius, I hewr what you're saying, but there's pretty solid evidnece that attack and defense do zero, Nilch, nada. Rob, the answers everyone here gave are correct, soldier equipment lasted a few months, still shows up in your inventory, but has no effect at this point. Put all your skills Into energy, until and unless Gree changes the values of those skills points and slews everything again.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajk View Post
    Well lookie there. What I was referring to was based on recent previous posts by Sirius saying communication is going to be better. I know, I know, it's never been consistent in the past but I think maybe (hopefully) they realize it is very, very much needed. I took the thread post as a "testing of the waters" so to speak because the op has been around the block a few times here.

Just follow up on it Sirius, I don't think it's ever been fully explained here since the redistribution of skill points at least. How do they work exactly in all the available places to allocate them?

I may even load my games back up if Gree makes a long lasting attempt to communicate.
    That's what Bolt said also, and look what happened to him and the others. They always say things will be better, but they're not. Don't get your hopes up on Sirius. He's not better than the others.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    No worries! I'll see what I can find out in greater detail though it might not be today due to it's most folks time to head home^^
    Cheers dude, some long awaited answers in that lot. look forward to getting the official explanations.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    In fairness we were told by gree equipment was dumped and no longer did anything.(even if we were lied to about why it was dumped). We were alos told equipment would be coming back in a new event(which I also think was a lie, but it stopped those who had spent on said equipment being so upset)
    At least thats how I remember it. Do I have to dig up the post?
    Last edited by sstuutss; 07-24-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yep agree that the op was testing the waters as he/she is a very experienced MW gamer.

Maybe bringing the equipment back as the new atk/def stat for certain events, is the only way for new players to get involved and help regenerate the game? Maybe an equipment PvP ? Or something similar with energy, upgrade, etc rewards?