Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Where is Relic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    1Shot moderating this Forum would be absolute Hell so let's just hope he doesn't. At least we haven't been hit by the Terminator and the Curse yet. And it's kinda sad that even Tadaaah has to be let go although I don't know what he ever did for the Forum.
    Tadaaah used to moderate these forums. She wasn't too bad, either.

After Clementine got hired, Relic was hired, then several months later Bolt was hired. Tadaaah took over FB & "other social media channels" like Twitter. Tadaaah rarely posted on the CC FB page, but she plays K&D, not CC. Bolt was hired in late March: April Fool's Day was his first day here.

I have no idea who, if anybody, is running the FB pages now.
    Last edited by Vile Lynn; 07-22-2015 at 04:10 PM.
    Line ID: clementine88

Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    Btw in the new Reversal video, he has stated that GREE plans on pushing out EU players from Knights and Dragons onto another server because "The EU Server is holding back the new stuff" so now is the right time for EU players to quit or use an app which can access other server (Although App names with these functions will not be named as to avoid breaking the CoC).
    Lol, that stuff about EU in the video was silly... Events all these time have been multiples of 24 hours exactly because Gree uses 1 worldwide server. Unless they are planning events shorter than 24 hours, splitting the servers doesn't really make sense.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_ View Post
    Lol, that stuff about EU in the video was silly... Events all these time have been multiples of 24 hours exactly because Gree uses 1 worldwide server. Unless they are planning events shorter than 24 hours, splitting the servers doesn't really make sense.
    They are possibly separating the EU Server and the rest of the World servers to create a "global" chat but since a lot are from the EU, GREE are prolly just being lazy.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Which game r u talking about, @Pimatsu?

And
    pushing out EU players from Knights and Dragons onto another server because "The EU Server is holding back the new stuff"
    what does 'pushing out' and 'the server is holding back the new stuff' mean?

thanks!
    Last edited by roookey1; 07-22-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Which game r u talking about, @Pimatsu?
    I was talking about Mighty Warrior's

- If you buy "VIP"...it stays.
    (VIP 3 costs 5$ and you get 300 diamonds immediately and 120/day for 30days.)
    - Lots of stages (Normal, Elite, Inferno and Special)
    - 3 different kind of PVP: Battlefield, Arena and Crusade
    - World Boss
    - For Guilds: Raid Bosses
    - Wanted Stage to collect "souls" (Better Heroes)
    - Trial stage to collect different things
    - Daily tasks
    - Login rewards
    - 6 Servers to play(In every server you have to start from beginning)
    - If they make mistake...everybody gets compensation^^
    - Lvl cap is atm 70, but new update comes around 2 weeks.
    - Coupon Codes (free stuff) and atm you can find 7 codes from their FB page.
    - Better graphics
    - Smaller game size (KnD around 568Mb..MW around 343Mb)
    - You can have many accounts.
    Last edited by Pimatsu; 07-23-2015 at 01:08 AM.
    Gree's Customer Service Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Pimatsu View Post
    I was talking about Mighty Warrior's
    Hmm, one of the 13 in a dozen "rush" games?
    - Hong Kong/China based as so many of them
    - facebook page as their "homepage" without an actual own website
    Does this one also use hero characters from other properties without permission to lure extra customers? (so many of those chinese games use anime, fighting game, League of Legends, DotA etc. characters without permission...)
    (Oh well I also play a chinese stats stacker game that does the same... Playing on its Asian version because they closed the European version for not having enough players and even that one got merged down from 29 to now less than 10 servers.)

edit: also 50% chance that game was originally released in China by a different company under a different name and Storm Hero only licenced it for Europe and Russia, while some other company licenced the exact same game under a different name for different parts of the world.

So if I read around on that website linked earlier in the thread, the GREEs of the world are cutting down from having a whole bunch of games with a bit of profit from each of them to fewer games and trying to get over $10m/month income from each and then spending something like 20% of that to advertize their game all over the place.
    And next to that we have chinese companies "14 in a dozen" clone spamming games and licencing those to other chinese companies for western release with engrish translations and engrish speaking community managers...
    Mobile gaming is in quite of a mess...
    Last edited by Marco_; 07-23-2015 at 01:32 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Does this one also use hero characters from other properties without permission to lure extra customers?
    Yes...I believe one or more are from WoW.
    I never played WoW...so Im not sure

Same game is in US with name Pockie Heroes
    Last edited by Pimatsu; 07-23-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    Gree's Customer Service Sucks

Interesting, thanks for letting me know! It may well be exactly what I'm looking for.
    K&D clearly goes downhill in increasing speed, and it takes too much of my time (and way too much money if I'd like to stay only halfway competitive which I kinda have to as a GM).
    If the game is light entertainment and the price for playing feels adequate, I'm in - it will also help to turn my back on K&D easier (what to do with all that time?!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Pimatsu View Post
    Yes...I believe one or more are from WoW.
    I never played WoW...so Im not sure

Same game is in US with name Pockie Heroes
    Ah, also Hong Kong according to to the google play page...
    I don't get these chinese game makers... Make a game for the chinese region and then license it out to 2 or more different (Hong Kong-)chinese companies for different other parts of the world under different names. (and most often 1 or more versions behind the original) . Which just makes the attack of the clone games not look 13 in a dozen, but 14 in a dozen, since the exact same game (other than language) will be out there 3 or more times.

Ah, also Hong Kong according to to the google play page...
    I don't get these chinese game makers... Make a game for the chinese region and then license it out to 2 or more different (Hong Kong-)chinese companies for different other parts of the world under different names. (and most often 1 or more versions behind the original) . Which just makes the attack of the clone games not look 13 in a dozen, but 14 in a dozen, since the exact same game (other than language) will be out there 3 or more times.
    Yep, I also sometimes wonder why Chinese Game Makers they do that.

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

I saw screenshots of chats from Reversal and it stated that a new server would be made for EU players, but only NEW ones. Existing EU players could opt to move to the new server. Apparently there will be new content targeted to EU players. I am an EU player and never felt like I needed different content to anyone else :/ It's probably nonsense, or half a story. I guess we will see.

On the subject of the copied games, I stopped P2P in Heroes Charge after pumping quite a lot of money into it, since they are subject to a law suit for lifting a load of characters from another game, which in turn stole them from someone else.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    If the game is light entertainment and the price for playing feels adequate, I'm in
    Have you tried Brave Frontier? Not sure what your game type is, but it's a turn-based RPG. I'm f2p on there as well, and doing fairly well.

If you want to try it, send me a PM and I'll send you my player ID (you can get a bonus for entering a player ID)

I'm on Android for Brave Frontier, Global Server
    Last edited by Adisty; 07-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    I saw screenshots of chats from Reversal and it stated that a new server would be made for EU players, but only NEW ones. Existing EU players could opt to move to the new server. Apparently there will be new content targeted to EU players. I am an EU player and never felt like I needed different content to anyone else :/ It's probably nonsense, or half a story. I guess we will see.
    Another words the U.S. market is about to get ditched. This whole story supports my vision of a K&D exit strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    Another words the U.S. market is about to get ditched. This whole story supports my vision of a K&D exit strategy.
    Maybe, but I think their first step is to get rid of the Community Managers from their English Forum by firing them to block the communications and for us to not know what's going on. And isn't the Community Manager for GREE 'Donna Nicholson' who got laid off, Relic? According to her LinkedIn profile, she worked from January 2015 to July 2015, which matches Relic's description as she joined January 2015 and got laid off about 2-3 days ago which is July 2015. You can check out Donna Nicholson's LinkedIn profile here who I believe to be Relic: https://www.linkedin.com/in/donnaenicholson
    Last edited by Ant venom; 07-23-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Good thinking, Ant Venom ... I hate to be right sometimes, but (as I also communicated on this forum), I had a gut feeling that K&D is taking the 'squeeze and exploit the last ones that are still throwing money at the product to the maximum we can, then let's drop it' road since about half a year. Company managers can't be as ignorant or unprofessional as to modify and by that ultimately, destroy a successful and popular game the ways they did. Many of their moves during the last year only make sense from that perspective.

@Adisty sounds good, send it to me by pm!