Layoffs at Gree's SF office - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Layoffs at Gree's SF office

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Yep, the game is on the chopping block, all the CM's are laid off and 1Shot is trying to control the Forum although he is a troll. He also gets paid 240 gold per month in CC by GREE for being a "Volunteer" Forum Moderator. And yes the entirety of the GREE Forum is pretty much an anarchy now, it is the same as a school without teachers or anybody else except for the students. This is due to a loss, GREE doesn't care about us, they only care about profit and our money.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks for poping in Sirius, good to see at least one official person is still around.

Changes are probably adding a lot to your workload. But it is fantastic to see that you've commented (which means that our posts are being read) on most of the recent threads.

Post Count
    Saw on Gamasutra that as much as 66% of sf office laid off and that to say the source speculates gree is moving awa y from active game development and focusing more on publishing and outsourcing its QA efforts.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostedHate View Post
    game development
    Gree is not in the business of game development. They buy up properties and run them into the ground. That's their business model.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Gree is not in the business of game development. They buy up properties and run them into the ground. That's their business model.
    Milk them while they last! Pity the whales.

Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    Then they lay off employees for more money and repeat the whole process again and again until they become bankrupt knowing finally that they are a failure as a company.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant venom View Post
    Then they lay off employees for more money and repeat the whole process again and again until they become bankrupt knowing finally that they are a failure as a company.
    These were side projects of gree international, they are by no means going to go bankrupt. They could close all mobile games and still make a billion. They are not that small of a company with assets varying from anima (eg. Naruto) through to mobile gaming and app development work. With each department having to show it own profit, or....well the lay offs in sf is a good indication of what happens when a dept reports a loss or lower than expected income.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Okay Guys,

Just dropping by (touching threads like these are almost like stepping on verbal landmines so to speak) but the games are not going any where. Period. Good amount of folks are still here, hitting new directions that should stay true to your expectations (which should always be the case) in the end. <---don't want to debate that point as actions speak louder than some posting or article. You're the judge in the end.

I as well as others, have let things sorta run it's course on the discussions on the recent news of things, but please stick to the forum rules, be respectful to each other and voice your concerns in a cool way that it should be. It goes the distance if you think about it.
    Last edited by Sirius; 07-23-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    new directions that should stay true to your expectations
    I sincerely hope not since our expectations are about as low as they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    don't want to debate that point as actions speak louder than some posting or article. You're the judge in the end.
    Sirius, I know that since you work for Sata.... er, Gree that you can't say anything negative towards them publicly. But stop and think about it. I know I won't get a response but you have to admit at least to yourself that Gree's actions are despicable and horrible and they do speak much louder than you or any other Gree representative that's ever posted on these forums. You know this. I know this. We all know this. And yes, we are the final judge and I think we've judged you as harshly as you deserve. The only thing keeping this game afloat right now are those Whales who are so deeply invested and/or addicted that they just can't stop.

Post Count
    I sincerely hope not since our expectations are about as low as they can be.

Sirius, I know that since you work for Sata.... er, Gree that you can't say anything negative towards them publicly. But stop and think about it. I know I won't get a response but you have to admit at least to yourself that Gree's actions are despicable and horrible and they do speak much louder than you or any other Gree representative that's ever posted on these forums. You know this. I know this. We all know this. And yes, we are the final judge and I think we've judged you as harshly as you deserve. The only thing keeping this game afloat right now are those Whales who are so deeply invested and/or addicted that they just can't stop.
    Line ID: clementine88

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    whales are leaving - how will you respond?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    I'll move up the food chain ...err, I mean ...LB!
    Line ID: clementine88

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    By magically advancing minis by 50-60 levels overnight!
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    By magically advancing minis by 50-60 levels overnight!
    Lmao
    Lmao
    Lmao
    Purple Squirrel