Game has come a long way.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game has come a long way.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Game has come a long way.

Nice to see progress. A team of 60 active players can compete for top50 these days without gold. Likely won't be able to do that for too many more wars though. End is VERY near.

Post Count
    Thank you NostrilDumbAss.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    It is so true...people who curse are of generally low intelligence and limited/poor vocabulary. Just another fine example.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-18-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Don't worry EM, it's just hypocrisy at its finest.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Out View Post
    Sorry...but that was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Oh look, another prediction of doom.

Verbose Veteran Captain Steelman's Avatar
    Post Count
    You dont slaughter a cow that still gives milk.... Simple as that... Moo Moo Moo.....!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It is not fun playing for the same rewards over n over. Our mods n devs will listen to us soon or they will be looking for new jobs...and can you imagine putting GReE down on your resume. Haha
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Banned
    Post Count
    The game will come to an end, as all things do, we just don't know when. If gree can fix their quality department, add fun features back to the game, and if they change their business model to stop pushing events and pushing gold, this game will last much longer IMO. I believe everyone in this forum who posts consistently has or does love this game now or at one point. And for those like myself gree has pushed me away with their lack of quality and their obvious pushing of gold. They pushed me away with stat inflation making my years of playing and building up stats useless in one event. I still play but not with the fun and excitement it used to be.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Steelman View Post
    You dont slaughter a cow that still gives milk.... Simple as that... Moo Moo Moo.....!
    But when the milk runs out it's sent to the slaughterhouse....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    The game will come to an end, as all things do, we just don't know when. If gree can fix their quality department, add fun features back to the game, and if they change their business model to stop pushing events and pushing gold, this game will last much longer IMO. I believe everyone in this forum who posts consistently has or does love this game now or at one point. And for those like myself gree has pushed me away with their lack of quality and their obvious pushing of gold. They pushed me away with stat inflation making my years of playing and building up stats useless in one event. I still play but not with the fun and excitement it used to be.
    Pretty much sums it up for me as well. Where things went off the rails is when squeezing every penny out of the top spenders became a priority instead of a focus on the overall design of the game. Too many features that older players spent time building or buying became obsolete without warning such as defense buildings and also attack and defense skill points. Valor units don't seem to be useful either, mainly though there is a serious lack of design in the game currently making it tedious and boring.

It still however tries to play on your ego, when I first started playing I'd log in every morning and get pissed off because I got raided so I would resolve to get stronger, now I realize this is pointless due to the total lack of strategy required to play and just leave my bases raided. But the only hook the game uses now is a feeble attempt at ego stroking which got boring fast.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Pretty much sums it up for me as well. Where things went off the rails is when squeezing every penny out of the top spenders became a priority instead of a focus on the overall design of the game. Too many features that older players spent time building or buying became obsolete without warning such as defense buildings and also attack and defense skill points. Valor units don't seem to be useful either, mainly though there is a serious lack of design in the game currently making it tedious and boring.

It still however tries to play on your ego, when I first started playing I'd log in every morning and get pissed off because I got raided so I would resolve to get stronger, now I realize this is pointless due to the total lack of strategy required to play and just leave my bases raided. But the only hook the game uses now is a feeble attempt at ego stroking which got boring fast.
    Well said AO. There is no reason to raid or attack anymore except for concrete and crates or folders. I haven't raided for cash since new LTB came out. It is a battle of who has the most real money now. If you spend more you remain number 1,2,3 etc. A game with that style of game play and no strategy whatsoever is only going to be fun to those who like to battle with their bank accounts.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I raid for EB and a little here and there just because I'm bored. My faction doesn't need concrete, so I don't ever pay attention to it. But now that you've brought it up, I can't remember the last time I had any drop.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    The ones at the top have always spent a lot and it's always been an issue of cash for those to spots. It was that way over 3 years ago when I joined my first faction. I left that faction because Cash requirements to get inside the top 50 were too much.

I'm happy in a top 100, my stats continue to rise, I don't have to buy gold, the pressure to play is bout the speed I like. My play actually increased after March madness. Stat inflation is a problem, but I'm still utilizing it for now. 10 billion at the start of March, 1.45 trillion now, 145 billion this week. And I actually raided a few times this month (to get EB boss to pop up). I post thank yous when I get raided and I lose now because it doesn't happen often and if you've outgrown me - well done, I can respect that.

I realize the game will end someday but it's going to be a while. their revenue is down, but don't forget that operating costs are slim. The production costs are the salaries of a few developers and artists. There are no shipping/transportation costs and r&d obviously is minimal. Yep, the game will eventually go belly up - but it will be after I'm gone.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    The ones at the top have always spent a lot and it's always been an issue of cash for those to spots. It was that way over 3 years ago when I joined my first faction. I left that faction because Cash requirements to get inside the top 50 were too much.

I'm happy in a top 100, my stats continue to rise, I don't have to buy gold.
    This first paragraph is actually exactly what my post was intended to represent. I was simply saying that it's nice to be apart of a top 50 team and not need gold. In the past, it was almost impossible to do so. Furthermore, no one on the team need to use gold as long as the group of members are active or have good regen.

Suppose I should have left off the part about game ending as the vultures flocked to that statement as I was implying more doom and gloom. But that's what trolls do. My intention was one of "that's a shame it will likely end soon" cause its nice to be able to compete near the top for FREE.
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-19-2015 at 11:32 AM.