Why must the final resolution be kept secret? We all have a right to know! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why must the final resolution be kept secret? We all have a right to know!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_BS View Post
    Yep, it's not rocket surgery.

Gaming companies interested in Sustainability do it.

Gaming companies interested in slash and burn do.... Well, we've seen what they do.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I have not seen a position like that in the video games industry, if you or someone else has an example from an online video game company I'd love to analyze how that company does it.

If my replies are often incorrect or not relevant to the game that is on me, I accept full responsibility for that. I was honestly not aware that I am often giving you incorrect information, but that can be fixed. If you'd like to take the lead and start a separate thread on this topic I am eager to discuss it.

We at GREE are fully responsible for improving the game, that is without question. Constructive criticism is always welcome and always passed on to the developers. From what I've observed, many of the vocal critics on the forum have been around for a long time and have felt ignored or neglected, that the game team has not been listening and has made mistakes that you warned about. This has lead to mounting frustrations until some have reached a point where they are no longer trying to be constructive but have switched over to being actively destructive. This is quite normal in the range of human emotions when confronted with a situation that forces you over a certain emotional threshold.

There is no silver bullet for a situation like this, all I can tell you is that work is ongoing to improve the game in a myriad of different ways and that we thank you for supporting the game. On a personal note, I ask players to strive towards civility when dealing with each other; there is no need to be disrespectful towards those you disagree with to get a point across.

Plenty was already said on that topic and while I can understand why this can seem of interest to other players, discussing support tickets on the forum is not constructive. Discussing this topic further is not what is going to restore your trust in GREE; I prefer to focus on improving your game experience and your access to information.

I think this accusation is a bit unfair. I looked at how many Modern War threads we deleted recently: one thread was deleted on 6-30 proclaiming the game was officially dying on July 1st, a few threads were deleted around the same date from one user who went on a cussing rampage, and before that a few polls about banning people were deleted on June 3rd. A total of 4 threads have been locked in the last 30 days.
    Actually that role should logically fall upon the customer service manager but failing that someone else who has the ability to step in and rectify the problem even if it has to go as far as Tanaka.

In terms of inaccurate information the issue with IOS gold sales where the EM mistated that there was one but was talking about a different gree game.

I really would love to believe that your company is taking to heart everything we keep saying such as the very longstanding issues with Frontline and lost hits, lockouts, etc. If you really need to see just how bad this issue is it's been very well documented in the Modern War Bug Thread that is stickied to the top of the general forum page.

You know I really do get how screwed up the culture must be at your company, I have seen this type of problem firsthand. The programmers think they are gods and want little to do with the minions scurrying about 'under' them. In a really bad case the head of development has an even larger inflated ego and goes about sabotaging any work he/she is being tasked to do. Can we say disfunctional? I hate to say it but that is the vib I'm picking up here.

Basically your CSRs are being dipped in feces everyday and then hung out to dry by dev or higher management or in your case perhaps both. The thing is the money has to come from somewhere which are the customers, they are not your enemies but in a broad sense your true employers. But sadly nobody over in greeland seems to get this...

In terms of overzealous thread locking, both of Andy2s would be good examples for starters and I bet this one will eventually go that way as well. Oh and the way I read the thread in question he sure as heck was called a liar which is unacceptable.

In terms of threads about the death of this game, well if you folks would like to keep living in your bubble thinking everything is fine and dandy (it is not btw) then we should have our answer shortly. I doubt any of us really want to see this though frankly I'm really starting to lean that way given how oblivious gree seems to be about issues with this game.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    While not a silver bullet, releasing bug free, quality updates is of utmost importance. I completely agree.

Being very serious, I honestly would like to know how you feel we beat players into submission. I consider myself a reasonable person so I am willing to listen and learn what it is I do that is oppressive in your view.
    Seriously, it is like it is a bunch of women running the forum. Rather than a practicle "this is the plan let's fix it" you always come back with "it's not my fault, or we will talk to the devs, or we understand how you feel but we are powerless to help". Take charge and fix it. Anything I am involved in I am responsible for. Stop passing the buck. Come up with a practicle plan and be consistent. You guys are far from consistent, at least once a month for a week the replies get out of hand (once again make me think there is little in the way of men in that office). Be like a dog with a bone, don't let go until the problems here are fixed. Be the solution rather than adding to our problems. The way you went at Andy was totally unfair, you had the last say and locked the thread., all he wants is what he and his faction paid for. Hell raiser left cause of all the delusional nonsense.

I have been here fighting to get you guys some power in trying to organise the big spenders to talk to your bosses in the only language they understand ~$$$$$~ I don't want a boycott, I just want people to pay for a quality service and to abstain whilst it is a poor service.

I want you to be willing and able to help us.

I want zero threads locked...it never used to happen, people had fun and enjoyed a quality service...I used to log on and have a laugh. I still do at times. Just work with us mate, stop slapping us down like a Mum does.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Not an attack on women, but men and women are vastly different in how they approach problems. We need balance, I don't care what sex you are...online aninimity is brilliant...just be practicle and have an end game insite that is not the end of the game!.

# I love women

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have a feeling this thread is going to be Awesome

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Actually that role should logically fall upon the customer service manager but failing that someone else who has the ability to step in and rectify the problem even if it has to go as far as Tanaka.
    Our customer service manager does indeed fill that role. If personally have not seen a role that specifically steps in to rectify issues above the customer service manager but that doesn't mean such roles might not exist in other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    In terms of overzealous thread locking, both of Andy2s would be good examples for starters and I bet this one will eventually go that way as well.
    I explained why those two threads were locked in detail, I did not consider that 'overzealous'. While players and forum managers will never agree 100% on what should and shouldn't be locked, browsing the forum for locked threads did not reveal a pattern of censorship in my opinion. You can of course disagree with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post

Lastly, the way that you tried to call me a liar when your ticket support system failed to send me emails when I got a response, and I thought I had not received a reply is unforgivable.
    Read my response and you will see that at no time did I say you were lying about emails. I said it was 'disingenuous' to claim you had received no help when we had already discussed that you and your faction had been compensated by an agent. You disagreed with the compensation, which you are fully entitled to do; but that is not the same as not getting any help. I certainly didn't help the situation with a post that sounded far too aggressive and for that I apologize, I could have easily made the same point without throwing in a loaded word like 'disingenuous'.

We fully acknowledge that frustrations have been high for a long time due to unresolved bugs and events that have had issues more often than they should. Internal communication has been improving and I have been able to provide details on some events before they happen, but there is still much more to be done. You make a lot of valid points and they do not go unheard, the development team is working on a big set of fixes that I will update you on as soon as I have a reasonable idea of when they might go live.

I do stand by my assertion that the forum is not a place to discuss customer support issues. These need to remain between you and the support staff and the forum is not designed to dissect these private conversations.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Customer service issues usually stem from broken functions within the game. There is no better way to let the masses know of these broken functions than on these forums, so that players know not to waste gold.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I do stand by my assertion that the forum is not a place to discuss customer support issues. These need to remain between you and the support staff and the forum is not designed to dissect these private conversations.
    Well, there's always Facebook.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    haha, and GM, and Line, and Kakaotalk, and...
    Line ID: clementine88

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Maybe customer support is using MySpace...

Post Count
    Reviews in the App Store are a great place to discuss game and customer service issues I find. Is that what you want Gree?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree is the company where the customer is never right. You have to argue every thing, huh?

Theres nothing against TOS in the locked threads, you just did it because you wanted, and when we complain you refuse to perceive why on earth customers could want to be aware of that information, and as the above posts make it quite clear, there are way more destructive ways for the company I could be sharing how poorly this situation is being handled. And I might as well now I know it isn't being handled by anyone who treats people fairly here.

If you really want to nit pick about what specifically you called me a liar about, or if disingenuous was the correct word then I have lost absolutely all respect for you. You should not be in any customer service field, as you clearly do not care about the customer (us) and are all about ego.

There is absolutely no reason my factions issue could not have been easily resolved if someone was empowered to contact me and talk things through and wanted to fix it. Clearly that is not the desire of anyone working at Gree and instead they want to toy around the issue, pass you off to multiple other people, never in real time, try and give you all sorts of little trinkets instead of what you actually used that didn't work properly and are very rude to you the entire time they do so.

God, I never get this worked up, if by now you cant even pretend to care about the customers you are here to serve then you are in the wrong line of work, and I sincerely hope that you go into another industry either on your own volition or forced, so that other people who have issues with the product their hard earned money bought don't have to go through the utter bull you spew out of your mouth.

FYI for those keeping track - 2 full days passed between my most recent exchange with support before I finally got an answer which was that they credited my team with a very minor amount of FL units. They flat out REFUSE to return to us the proper cost of what we spent and lost in the glitch and we are flat out of options at this point and turning to the middle man parties in between for resolution. Gree it would have cost you absolutely nothing, and far less time to just make a simple situation correct to begin with, now the expense will be far greater. Unbelievable.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It is like arguing with a woman. We are just banging out heads against the wall. Too stubborn.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    It is like arguing with a woman. We are just banging out heads against the wall. Too stubborn.
    lol, men never learn, eh?
    Line ID: clementine88