Why must the final resolution be kept secret? We all have a right to know!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why must the final resolution be kept secret? We all have a right to know!

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Why must the final resolution be kept secret? We all have a right to know!

Originally Posted by andy2
    The point of my post was to ask Gree for a resolution on my issue and I do not have one yet, so I would appreciate it if you keep the thread open until we actually get it fixed.

Response from Bolt, then locked all threads
    Any further correspondence to find a resolution needs to remain between you and support, the forum does not factor into this equation at all. As you can clearly see with bam bam's post above, this kind of thread is a spectacle and a distraction. Please do not open more threads on the subject.

GREE, please explain to the community why this must be kept secret from the community! All players deserve to know how these issues are resolved! Stop treating your players like meaningless subjects under your control! This is not 1939 Germany here! If players felt like they were going to get treated fairly, perhaps you would boost your revenues once again! Your company constantly releases flawed events, knowing they are flawed prior to the release, then use the same boiler plate apology responses every cycle! Never letting anyone know what your plans are to fix them. Or when they will be fixed! Start taking responsibility for your actions, and lack there of! Those players that spend their money on this game certainly deserve way better than what you give them! Even though you know they simply can't help themselves.

Hands up, don't tap!
    I can't tap!
    Tappers lives matter!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by groovy shags View Post
    Originally Posted by andy2 The point of my post was to ask Gree for a resolution on my issue and I do not have one yet, so I would appreciate it if you keep the thread open until we actually get it fixed.Response from Bolt, then locked all threadsAny further correspondence to find a resolution needs to remain between you and support, the forum does not factor into this equation at all. As you can clearly see with bam bam's post above, this kind of thread is a spectacle and a distraction. Please do not open more threads on the subject.GREE, please explain to the community why this must be kept secret from the community! All players deserve to know how these issues are resolved! Stop treating your players like meaningless subjects under your control! This is not 1939 Germany here! If players felt like they were going to get treated fairly, perhaps you would boost your revenues once again! Your company constantly releases flawed events, knowing they are flawed prior to the release, then use the same boiler plate apology responses every cycle! Never letting anyone know what your plans are to fix them. Or when they will be fixed! Start taking responsibility for your actions, and lack there of! Those players that spend their money on this game certainly deserve way better than what you give them! Even though you know they simply can't help themselves. Hands up, don't tap!I can't tap!Tappers lives matter!
    Delicious, ever so intelligent and insightful, so unselfish, so caring, may whatever DEITY in which you believe (even if its just you) bless and keep you. You inspire me to DEW more NUTTIN. Thank you.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I wanted to reply to both of the previously locked threads, but never had the chance. Bolt, your fear of it becoming a spectacle is a bit exaggerated. Yes, I saw the comment Bam made, but the only anticipation was of the show GREE would put on in trying to explain. That damn well applies to any topic we hear from GREE anymore, because quite honestly, 99% of the time it's a crock of spit we are delivered. If you do not wish to discuss the topic publicly, that's your choice and right. But please do not silence anyone for discussing what resolution, if any, they receive for issues that do affect others. You wouldn't want the entire community, nor several large entities that act as middle men between GREE and its paying customers, to think you have something to hide, do you?
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy shags View Post

GREE, please explain to the community why this must be kept secret from the community! All players deserve to know how these issues are resolved! Stop treating your players like meaningless subjects under your control! This is not 1939 Germany here! If players felt like they were going to get treated fairly, perhaps you would boost your revenues once again! Your company constantly releases flawed events, knowing they are flawed prior to the release, then use the same boiler plate apology responses every cycle! Never letting anyone know what your plans are to fix them. Or when they will be fixed! Start taking responsibility for your actions, and lack there of! Those players that spend their money on this game certainly deserve way better than what you give them! Even though you know they simply can't help themselves.
    If you have criticisms or complaints about the game or events then you are at complete liberty to bring them up, take a look around and you will see that there is zero censorship about any such topic. We acknowledge 100% that we need to do better about releasing bug free events. There is much work being done in fixing existing bugs; I am looking forward to sharing more details as I get updates about when these fixes will go live.

It is very important that conversations between you and the support staff remain private. Players correctly expect that GREE will not post, reference or allude to their support conversations here on the forum; the support staff expects the same from players.

Clementine, Relic and I have made it a habit to assist players when they feel that their support ticket has fallen through the cracks. We are glad to help by forwarding requests but this potentially has led some to confuse what role we play in resolving a support ticket. To reiterate, all we do is ask a support agent to look at a ticket, we have no influence or say in how said ticket is resolved, and by extension, the forum plays no part in resolution either. Championing for a resolution to your ticket(s) on the forum only servers to distract.

groovy shags, if you and others have ideas or suggestions, I'd love to have a conversation on how to improve communication around errors as they are discovered so that you get the information you need sooner.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    If you have criticisms or complaints about the game or events then you are at complete liberty to bring them up, take a look around and you will see that there is zero censorship about any such topic. We acknowledge 100% that we need to do better about releasing bug free events. There is much work being done in fixing existing bugs; I am looking forward to sharing more details as I get updates about when these fixes will go live.

It is very important that conversations between you and the support staff remain private. Players correctly expect that GREE will not post, reference or allude to their support conversations here on the forum; the support staff expects the same from players.

Clementine, Relic and I have made it a habit to assist players when they feel that their support ticket has fallen through the cracks. We are glad to help by forwarding requests but this potentially has led some to confuse what role we play in resolving a support ticket. To reiterate, all we do is ask a support agent to look at a ticket, we have no influence or say in how said ticket is resolved, and by extension, the forum plays no part in resolution either. Championing for a resolution to your ticket(s) on the forum only servers to distract.

groovy shags, if you and others have ideas or suggestions, I'd love to have a conversation on how to improve communication around errors as they are discovered so that you get the information you need sooner.
    Hi Bolt, there are a number of issues at play here that you just clarified so thank you for that.

We were working under the assumption that if the employee mods forwarded ticket numbers to support that would instigate or expedite a resolution. Now clearly we see that this may not be the case. I guess then is there no other means of escalating these issues internally such as bringing in the support manager? Every company I have dealt with or worked for has a means for customers to resolve issues by moving up the support food chain. This is the first time I have encountered a company where this not only does not happen but is bordering on negligent.

At the newspaper we have an ombudsman who is empowered to mediate in customer v company issues. Perhaps someone who has some power can be moved into this position.

In terms of moderation and the forum, you already know how I feel about some of this. I've run/established/moderated online forums since the early 90's when we only had dialup internet so I understand that it is difficult and often thankless task. However you have a raging fire taking place here because moderation continues to be inconsistent, and replies often incorrect or not relevent to this game such as misque comment about gold sales. Then to make matters worse often the replies become combative, thing is we would love to oost positive comments but it really is difficult to do so with so many things going wrong.

I really believe that the community should find out whether Andy's faction problem gets resolved, good or bad. Hopefully good because anything is despirately needed to mend the totally shattered trust many of us have with your company.

But the ongoing company line of removing or locking threads instead shows a lack of willingness to be forthcoming with information or solutions.

In my opinion I feel that it is pretty much past the point of no return in terms of repairing the relationship between gree and it's customers though I would be overjoyed to be proven wrong.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Every company I have dealt with or worked for has a means for customers to resolve issues by moving up the support food chain. This is the first time I have encountered a company where this not only does not happen but is bordering on negligent.
    At the newspaper we have an ombudsman who is empowered to mediate in customer v company issues. Perhaps someone who has some power can be moved into this position.
    I have not seen a position like that in the video games industry, if you or someone else has an example from an online video game company I'd love to analyze how that company does it.

However you have a raging fire taking place here because moderation continues to be inconsistent, and replies often incorrect or not relevent to this game such as misque comment about gold sales.
    If my replies are often incorrect or not relevant to the game that is on me, I accept full responsibility for that. I was honestly not aware that I am often giving you incorrect information, but that can be fixed. If you'd like to take the lead and start a separate thread on this topic I am eager to discuss it.

Then to make matters worse often the replies become combative, thing is we would love to oost positive comments but it really is difficult to do so with so many things going wrong.
    We at GREE are fully responsible for improving the game, that is without question. Constructive criticism is always welcome and always passed on to the developers. From what I've observed, many of the vocal critics on the forum have been around for a long time and have felt ignored or neglected, that the game team has not been listening and has made mistakes that you warned about. This has lead to mounting frustrations until some have reached a point where they are no longer trying to be constructive but have switched over to being actively destructive. This is quite normal in the range of human emotions when confronted with a situation that forces you over a certain emotional threshold.

There is no silver bullet for a situation like this, all I can tell you is that work is ongoing to improve the game in a myriad of different ways and that we thank you for supporting the game. On a personal note, I ask players to strive towards civility when dealing with each other; there is no need to be disrespectful towards those you disagree with to get a point across.

I really believe that the community should find out whether Andy's faction problem gets resolved, good or bad. Hopefully good because anything is despirately needed to mend the totally shattered trust many of us have with your company.
    Plenty was already said on that topic and while I can understand why this can seem of interest to other players, discussing support tickets on the forum is not constructive. Discussing this topic further is not what is going to restore your trust in GREE; I prefer to focus on improving your game experience and your access to information.

But the ongoing company line of removing or locking threads instead shows a lack of willingness to be forthcoming with information or solutions.
    I think this accusation is a bit unfair. I looked at how many Modern War threads we deleted recently: one thread was deleted on 6-30 proclaiming the game was officially dying on July 1st, a few threads were deleted around the same date from one user who went on a cussing rampage, and before that a few polls about banning people were deleted on June 3rd. A total of 4 threads have been locked in the last 30 days.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    While you aren't wrong about people reaching a point and exploding, even in "destructive comments", there is often valuable insight for you to look at. It may not be what we strive for the forum to be like, but to ignore it outright is not a good game plan.

There has been a lighter handed approach to the forum moderation, but there is still some work to be done. We still see inconsistencies in what gets deleted, locked, or moved. Player mods giving information is still an issue, as it almost always requires some sort of correction afterwards. These people need to be the absolute best, not just the best willing to do the job. As to AO's mention of you, it's my opinion that the problem is YOU are given misinformation, and then pass it on to us. Either the devs or support, or whoever needs to quit jerking you guys around, or you need some way to verify it for yourself. We can't help you with that one.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    There is a silver bullet. Have your guys do their jobs and do them well

AND LISTEN TO US.
    engage us and work with us...not try and beat us into submition. Every time you try people just make you guys look daft with their accurate responses. Work with...not against.
    Last edited by bam bam.; 07-15-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    There is a silver bullet. Have your guys do their jobs and do them well
    While not a silver bullet, releasing bug free, quality updates is of utmost importance. I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    ...not try and beat us into submition. Every time you try people just make you guys look daft with their accurate responses. Work with...not against.
    Being very serious, I honestly would like to know how you feel we beat players into submission. I consider myself a reasonable person so I am willing to listen and learn what it is I do that is oppressive in your view.

Post Count
    Guys, you're all arguing with the umpire. Speaking from experience, it doesn't change anything and only results in a red card when pursued to hard.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bolt, we want to know how you've resolved issues like this because his is not the only one. How many times do you think goals in FL were completed but not recorded? Our faction has had to redo and spend gold again to do so. My ticket 2461490 which was sent May 31st still goes unresolved. I am very sure there are many others who have had the same issue with no response or no compensation even though the issue was entirely your company's fault. So my personal interest is to observe if you treat all customers with the same crappy service.

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Being very serious, I honestly would like to know how you feel we beat players into submission. I consider myself a reasonable person so I am willing to listen and learn what it is I do that is oppressive in your view.

Here is how GREE beats their players into submission:

1) rarely repair any of the current issues with the game. Many have been going on for months!
    2) release new events, with known issues admitted by by mods and cms.
    3) players post during events about these issues, and are ignored until the events are over.
    4) players are told to send tickets and the issue will be investigated.
    5) pass the buck from mods - cms - customer service, rinse repeat until the player gives up.
    6) lock threads, then claim that it should not be discussed in public.
    7) wait for the community to stop asking questions.
    8) repeat steps 1-7.

I have read so many threads in here about players issues, and can't remember the last time I read about GREE fairly taking care of them. I don't buy gold, and never will. But it's offensive to see how you guys treat these players! How can you expect people to support this game, when you can't even take care of those top ten teams? Tell us what you are doing for Andy2's team! Last I read, you guys had done nothing to compensate them for spending 1000's of gold! That's pathetic and unacceptable!

The only thing you mods/cms respond quickly to, is when you feel insulted by a post in the forum. Never there to help anyone in a timely manner with real issues.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Which TOS prevent us from.talking about
    Try having a discussion with a PM(which they insist they should be allowed to express their personal opinion), once things arent going the way they like they put on their PM hat and posts start disappearing.
    Last edited by sstuutss; 07-15-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Ok, so I have to say a few things.

First, whether sincere or insincere, for personal interest or out of empathy thank anyone with interest in my factions issue. Bolt, what you don't seem to get is what the vast majority of players come to forums for. Probably first is information - what rewards can we get in current events, what does it take to get them, what issues are there that my team might face and how can we avoid them... etc. Almost all of this information is player disseminated, how often do our community managers at Gree tell us the details of events, what the prizes on ltqs are, what the boss health will be, what the odds are, how much energy something will take... anything. The sad part is that due to the perceived lack of caring most of the people who provide this information have become burnt out and the community managers don't seem to care. Look at Danimal, Look at the thread I started to consolidate all known issues into one place so that Gree could respond to us easily a status that has been promptly ignored. Also you burn bridges with the community by holding events for us to participate it, such as the design a building contest, which happened forever ago now, and the building still hasn't been released. We can't trust that anything said on here is accurate, because most of the time it hasn't been. Secondly, we come on here to feel that Gree cares. If you go to reviews on almost any other companies forums or social media, and there is anything negative you most often see the company respond saying 'how can we fix it' and then often you will see the complainant respond saying 'the issue was fixed by the company doing x, y and z... thank you'. Instead, here it looks as if you try and hide any issues by closing them, stopping discussion, and hoping they go away. The customer is given no voice. Why do people on here become irrational and destructive? Because we get no response to our feedback, no proof that anything is being done to improve any aspect of the game, no proof that any issues are being fixed.

Secondly - the actual issue my team is facing. I got through to a customer service person on one of my tickets yesterday at 5:17 my time. He responded back calling me by the name 'Cyrus'... My name 'Andy' is on the first line. His response had little to do with my issue, and so I responded again immediately at 5:20. At 5:50 I got a response from 'Carlos' a 'Player Experience Manager' looking for more information. I think to myself, OK maybe we are finally get in touch with someone who can help my team out. I instantly reply to them at 6:05 with all of the information they need. Fast-Forward until now and it has been 30 hours since my reply and I don't have a response yet. So now more than a full day has gone by and nobody has felt it worth the few moments to reply, again making the small glimmer of hope go away and making me and my team feel ignored again.

Lastly, the way that you tried to call me a liar when your ticket support system failed to send me emails when I got a response, and I thought I had not received a reply is unforgivable. If it wasn't for my faction mates I would still not know about the online portal and still now know how to see my responses. Instead of trying to help me figure out what could be going on you jumped the gun and immediately insulted me. How that is acceptable from anyone in a customer support role is beyond me. And when I brought it up, in an admittedly sarcastic post, you ignored it and again closed my post, which wasn't against TOS and you can clearly see by now was to provide information to the community that is clearly desired. Once again, giving me little reason to look to you for any help, and all the more reason to look to you for rude remarks with interests at heart for your company, rather than the community/customers you are supposed to manage.

I will update again, when anyone from support deems my team worthy enough of a reply, and actual help.

Thank you
    Last edited by andy2; 07-15-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Post Count
    Gree customer support is merely an exercise in damage control.

Always has been, always will be.

It stems from their corporate culture that promotes opaqueness in dealings (no one spends more than an uninformed player in a mildly paranoid state from fear of missing out, filling the knowledge gaps with gold), a general lack of accountability (never acknowledge a mistake, as then you will have to go to the costly effort of compensating the victim) while spending the barest minimum on development and CS required to keep the player base spending on the product. They don't even have to spend money advertising the events to encourage you to spend - your faction mates provide all the peer pressure for you to spend to compete that Gree will ever need.

This is the company you are dealing with, as evidenced by their actions - not the promises from a revolving door of moderators - over the years.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 07-15-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln