Duplicate Prizes - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Prizes

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    How does no one see anything wrong with duplicate prizes
    I guess if I cared enough about my stats and if I spent gold to increase my stats, I might see something wrong with dup prizes.

But, I don't care. *shrugs*
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Sounds easy enough, except to avoid an individual prize last SA, I would've had to rank 5 places higher, and for a bunch of 2% mods it's not worth it.

And that 7 day war it was impossible to avoid a duplicate because almost every single prize was one.

How does no one see anything wrong with duplicate prizes
    Why is there anything wrong with dupe prizes? Newer players will generally grow faster than older players, older players get to decide how much, if anything, they are willing to spend to maintain their "advantage". You don't have to spend if you don't want to and that's fine, but the game is designed so that you eventually max out on the free stuff and are taking what you can get as Gree hands it out... Or paying to get more numbers, faster.

Post Count
    I think it's a fine system now that everyone knows they don't stack. I'm with Lynn, though... I don't worry much about my stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    It's not free. It takes gold, and I'm obviously not getting what I gave gold for because if you scroll up and actually read what I wrote you would see how that is so not the case.
    How much did you pay for that gold?

Post Count
    The excuse of new players catching up is not in any way relevant. A 1% mod isn't going to catch a new player up to an old player.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    How much did you pay for that gold?
    Fair point. How much time it took me to get the gold is another point.

And what about 90% of everyone else that gets these prizes that pays for gold? It's fair to them?

Post Count
    The excuse of new players catching up is not in any way relevant. A 1% mod isn't going to catch a new player up to an old player.
    Ok, I'll bite. Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? I have popcorn.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    My newer player caught up to my oldest player. I blame modifiers.

Tangent: Then my oldest player got a bit ahead in stats. The only difference was doing the LTQs or not. Now, both do LTQs. I don't mind leveling up, because I like to play.

Post Count
    Fair point. How much time it took me to get the gold is another point.

And what about 90% of everyone else that gets these prizes that pays for gold? It's fair to them?
    Well, you have proven here repeatedly that your time is not a tremendously valuable commodity. The mind boggles when people in high school start assigning value to time. You've never even had a job.

And I will worry about the people that actually pay for gold when they start threads complaining about this issue and post as often as you do about it. So far, that isn't happening. Not even close.

I have a few complaints about this game, but I quit buying gold ages ago. Since I am no longer a paying customer, I am fully aware that Gree has no interest in listening to any complaint that I might have, and on that point, I would agree with them.

Post Count
    Well to be fair to evan, I'm pretty sure he actually does buy his gold.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Confession time for Evan?

The truth will set you free.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Confession time for Evan?

The truth will set you free.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Well to be fair to evan, I'm pretty sure he actually does buy his gold.
    So by my previous definitions, if he doesn't buy his gold, he is a crybaby, if he does buy his gold, he is a flat out liar....LOL!

Not good Evan, not good.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Care to explain how you came to this conclusion? I have popcorn.
    A 1% mod is pretty self explanatory.. but if not

The average long term player has like 300/400% worth of mods in each category. So far at this moment all the indi prizes of SA in the new format have been duplicates. There's been what, 5 of these SA's?

I usually rank where I get 5 different 1% mods, and probably half are duplicates. This is with a lot of choppers that new players can't really afford, and some gold. Let's say the new player ranks where he gets 2 1% mods.

For example purposes they're all mods for the same category and my old account started off with 300%, my new account started off at 0%. My old account got 5% the first SA and my new 2%, so 305% and 2%. For the next 4 SA's my old received 2% in New mods and 3% in duplicates and my new received the same steady 2%.

Now my old is at 313% and my new account is at 10%. And of course my old account through various other events over the course of 5 SA's (2-3 cycles) has gotten maybe a total of 30% of mods in that category and my new being it can't participate in many has gotten 10-15%.

But oh wait.. since the new player can't afford to rank higher and has been receiving the same 2% mods each and every SA, he's actually being cheated too! So now my old is even farther ahead of him than without the duplicates.

So yeah.. new players aren't catching up with these duplicates. What's the real reasoning behind this?

Also, don't see why dippy is so bent on the fact that I spend money on this game. The closest I've come to spending money was buying a $5 batmobile through tapjoy for 155 gold, which I could've cancelled the order right after I got the gold but it was cool so I kept it.

Post Count
    So Evan... are you being willfully ignorant or just the usual type of ignorant? I'm *guessing* you're just pretending not to understand how the mods not stacking helps new players catch up because you're trying to make a point. You're failing. Remember... people who pretend to be dumb aren't very persuasive because they still look dumb to the person they're trying to persuade.
    Still mad at Bostick.