Duplicate Prizes - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Duplicate Prizes

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    A 1% mod is pretty self explanatory.. but if not

The average long term player has like 300/400% worth of mods in each category. So far at this moment all the indi prizes of SA in the new format have been duplicates. There's been what, 5 of these SA's?

I usually rank where I get 5 different 1% mods, and probably half are duplicates. This is with a lot of choppers that new players can't really afford, and some gold. Let's say the new player ranks where he gets 2 1% mods.

For example purposes they're all mods for the same category and my old account started off with 300%, my new account started off at 0%. My old account got 5% the first SA and my new 2%, so 305% and 2%. For the next 4 SA's my old received 2% in New mods and 3% in duplicates and my new received the same steady 2%.

Now my old is at 313% and my new account is at 10%. And of course my old account through various other events over the course of 5 SA's (2-3 cycles) has gotten maybe a total of 30% of mods in that category and my new being it can't participate in many has gotten 10-15%.

But oh wait.. since the new player can't afford to rank higher and has been receiving the same 2% mods each and every SA, he's actually being cheated too! So now my old is even farther ahead of him than without the duplicates.

So yeah.. new players aren't catching up with these duplicates. What's the real reasoning behind this?

Also, don't see why dippy is so bent on the fact that I spend money on this game. The closest I've come to spending money was buying a $5 batmobile through tapjoy for 155 gold, which I could've cancelled the order right after I got the gold but it was cool so I kept it.
    Have you actually counted your stats and checked what adds what, or are you a budding novelist?

Post Count
    The main thing I take away from this thread is Jess is to Dippy as Dippy is to Evan.

Evan actually made some good points above. I personally wouldn't be able to tell you if I had any duplicate prizes, because I never check. As with many others on this forum, I don't have enough interest in prizes to even take the time to verify if I've actually received anything after an event. However, if he is correct that the lower level prizes are duplicating also, then the explanation that the duplicates are to help new players doesn't hold water. A more likely explanation for the duplicates would be that the developers are lazy and didn't want to think of new prizes.

All that being said, I think Evan should remember how Albert Einstein defined Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by namedud View Post
    Have you actually counted your stats and checked what adds what, or are you a budding novelist?
    With GREE's mystery factors they make it impossible. I've tried. But 65% in mods (that I know of) would I assume make for a pretty decent stat bump.

Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post
    However, if he is correct that the lower level prizes are duplicating also, then the explanation that the duplicates are to help new players doesn't hold water. A more likely explanation for the duplicates would be that the developers are lazy and didn't want to think of new prizes.
    Finally . Thank you.

There's nothing wrong with duplicate prizes in general, every game has that, but the whole concept of duplicate prizes not stacking and that GREE put that in place intentionally is what I don't get, and the excuse they gave about new players catching up doeesn't hold water at all.

I don't know if dippy chooses not to see that to make his own point or is just trolling
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    The main thing I take away from this thread is Jess is to Dippy as Dippy is to Evan.

Evan actually made some good points above. I personally wouldn't be able to tell you if I had any duplicate prizes, because I never check. As with many others on this forum, I don't have enough interest in prizes to even take the time to verify if I've actually received anything after an event. However, if he is correct that the lower level prizes are duplicating also, then the explanation that the duplicates are to help new players doesn't hold water. A more likely explanation for the duplicates would be that the developers are lazy and didn't want to think of new prizes.

All that being said, I think Evan should remember how Albert Einstein defined Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    With GREE's mystery factors they make it impossible. I've tried. But 65% in mods (that I know of) would I assume make for a pretty decent stat bump.

Finally . Thank you.

There's nothing wrong with duplicate prizes in general, every game has that, but the whole concept of duplicate prizes not stacking and that GREE put that in place intentionally is what I don't get, and the excuse they gave about new players catching up doeesn't (sic) hold water at all.

I don't know if dippy chooses not to see that to make his own point or is just trolling
    I don't understand. please explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    Also, if crime cow and even think that the confederate flag should be banned from private property, please go to the OT poll for some pwnage
    Buy more gold

Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Also, if crime cow and even think that the confederate flag should be banned from private property, please go to the OT poll for some pwnage
    Huh? When did I ever say you shouldn't fly the con flag on private property?? Fly a pair of old underwear on your flagpole if you want. I've got other things to worry about...but thanks for randomly assigning this thought to me...

Post Count
    Huh? When did I ever say you shouldn't fly the con flag on private property?? Fly a pair of old underwear on your flagpole if you want. I've got other things to worry about...but thanks for randomly assigning this thought to me...
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I said IF. I wasn't attributing that thought to you. I said IF. Anyways, I don't understand how it doesn't allow new players to catch up.
    Buy more gold

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I said IF. I wasn't attributing that thought to you. I said IF. Anyways, I don't understand how it doesn't allow new players to catch up.
    No biggie, I find the flag debate fascinating due to the passionate feelings on both sides and all the issues that it brings up. Having never been on the wrong side of racism it is hard for me to completely understand those feelings, but I also know that not everyone that flies the flag is a racist. Complex topic so I'll have to check out the OT thread.

As far as the duplicate prizes helping new players it is an interesting theory. I just looked at my attack mods for the first time since I don't know when, and they are all over 300%. Now I'm assuming that if I was to add up all of the mods I have they would total much more than 300%, but since they are applied as a percentage and not a raw number, the total is lower than assumed. I could be wrong on this and I don't want to spend the time doing the math and research, but this is how the building cost reduction mods work (two 30% reductions total 51%). The only reason this matters, is because it would take new players even longer to catch up when the mods are applied in this fashion.

Either way, my statement was that if prizes are duplicating for all levels, as Evan claims, than this doesn't help new players catch up. If a new player gets five 2% mods during an SA they've gained 10% on my 300%. So technically they've gained a little. However, if the next SA they finish in the same spot, they will not gain any more ground. At this rate it would take them a very long time to make any meaningful ground.

I think the bigger issue is that the mods are/were creating issues with Gree's system, as it seemed to cap out and top players were actually regressing with each new mod. Gree may have decided that this answer didn't make them look good so the spin doctor's came up with the 'new player' story.

But why should new players be able to catch old players? The only reason would be if Gree is having trouble attracting new players, so they have to escalate their stats quickly so they have someone to compete against. In this scenario Gree needs to bring new players up quickly to keep the game alive. The reality is stat inflation renders old weapons useless and closes the gap much quicker for new players versus duplicate items with mods. This is why stat inflation continues unchecked. It used to be you could close the gap with one epic boss, but Gree finally saw the detriment of that cycle.

There are many ways you can make money on a gaming platform. Gree has chosen the strategy of milking more profit out of fewer players and I think it's too late for them gto switch course now, so expect to see everything continue as is.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Actually Evan is doing us a great service by exposing these con artists & warning everyone to spend at your own risk or get ripped off.

Never mind dipstik he's a paid shill/troll who ponsed hard in a T10 syn while everyone else did the heavy lifting.
    Last edited by <3 Hz; 07-31-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Post Count
    Everything crime cow said was spot on.. except for the way mods add up, which confused me.

Attack and defense mods add up just fine. If you have a 30% melee attack and another 30% melee attack, in your bonuses it will say 60%. Upgrade time mods, bank fee mods, and every other mod with a - instead of a + is a completely different story.

The only thing that's missing is if you have two 30% melee attacks of the exact same prize.. then it would only show up in your bonuses as 30%.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000