Duplicate Prizes

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Prizes

Post Count

Duplicate Prizes

Remember these lovely duplicate prizes that were handed out during the 7 day war and in previous wars? Well.. they're back!! Great, absolutely wonderful. This past SA every indi prize I received was in fact a duplicate of the SA before it. So I went through the liberty of going through my inventory and seeing how many duplicates I have. This isn't the final number, but I saw a whooping 22 duplicate prizes! These 22 prizes, if you don't know, have a modifier on them but don't actually give me the modifier because I have the same exact item and modifier, and these duplicate items have mods that "don't stack".

Here's an example of a prize that has a modifier that stacks and shows up in my bonuses:

See how I have 7 2% mod items and it shows up in my bonuses as 14% like it should be? Well take a look at this..

My second Assault DSP Sniper doesn't count. That's a 9% mod I'm missing right there.

Have a another example:

I have three of these Assault Kage Gi's! And only one of them counted.

Out of the 22 duplicate items that I have seen in my inventory, I am missing a total of 61% in mods. That's just insane, and I'm sure I have plenty more.

There is no good excuse anyone at GREE can ever make that can explain why they offer duplicate prizes if the mods that we spend gold for do not count, and all I'm asking is that someone please look into this.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I've noticed a few duplicates myself. I defiantly think something should be done about this because what's the point of having the same prize twice? Nothing. It doesn't do anything to our stats. So with that being said, I will give the managers a look at this and see what they can do.

Post Count
    The old non-stacking switcheroo

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Remember these lovely duplicate prizes that were handed out during the 7 day war and in previous wars? Well.. they're back!! Great, absolutely wonderful. This past SA every indi prize I received was in fact a duplicate of the SA before it. So I went through the liberty of going through my inventory and seeing how many duplicates I have. This isn't the final number, but I saw a whooping 22 duplicate prizes! These 22 prizes, if you don't know, have a modifier on them but don't actually give me the modifier because I have the same exact item and modifier, and these duplicate items have mods that "don't stack".

Here's an example of a prize that has a modifier that stacks and shows up in my bonuses:

See how I have 7 2% mod items and it shows up in my bonuses as 14% like it should be? Well take a look at this..

My second Assault DSP Sniper doesn't count. That's a 9% mod I'm missing right there.

Have a another example:

I have three of these Assault Kage Gi's! And only one of them counted.

Out of the 22 duplicate items that I have seen in my inventory, I am missing a total of 61% in mods. That's just insane, and I'm sure I have plenty more.

There is no good excuse anyone at GREE can ever make that can explain why they offer duplicate prizes if the mods that we spend gold for do not count, and all I'm asking is that someone please look into this.
    Evan you have three choices

1. Enjoy the stat boost and don't worry about the mod
    2. Don't bother playing SA seriously or at all
    3. Try other app developers games. They haven't got there yet with rinse/repeats

Of course we rely on 16 yr olds to keep gree honest. But shaming them appears to show us they don't see this as an issue. Sigh

Consistent Contributor MK Loves You's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I admire your persistence, but you're fighting a lost cause.
    Offended by what I say? Go here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq3_Zw7pVf8

Banned
    Post Count
    I had to look it up but during an AMA in October one of the developers explained that "Moving forward, individual tier rewards will not stack. We need to take this measure to balance the game and to control stat inflation."

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1412269

Post Count
    They know that. They want you to change that policy, and they think it's more persuasive to pretend to be shocked every time it comes up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count

Can you please ask Engram how exactly this is balancing the game? Doesn't look like balancing to me. Looks like ripping people off.

No new players got any of these prizes because new players aren't in the syndicates that these prizes are typically handed out to.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post

Can you please ask Engram how exactly this is balancing the game? Doesn't look like balancing to me. Looks like ripping people off.

No new players got any of these prizes because new players aren't in the syndicates that these prizes are typically handed out to.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're arguing, could you clarify.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're arguing, could you clarify.
    Sorry. Engram was the developer that said that. And this was the game balance he was talking about:

Which is why I was really hoping you could look into this, because this isn't creating game balance, it's just.. I don't even know.

If you look at the war prizes, where the T100 syn prize is a like 7% mod and the T150 prize a 2%, where most of the new players are, there no game balance, so I really don't know why duplicate modifiers don't stack.
    Last edited by Evan1000; 07-15-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I had to look it up but during an AMA in October one of the developers explained that "Moving forward, individual tier rewards will not stack. We need to take this measure to balance the game and to control stat inflation."

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1412269
    Bolt: Is Engram still with Gree?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cooch View Post
    Bolt: Is Engram still with Gree?
    He still has his forum account, so I'd guess he's still with GREE.
    (look under forum leaders)

@Evan, don't worry too much about it.
    Only Taylor Swift could change GREE's mind on stackable boosts, haha.

Banned
    Post Count
    Engram is still with GREE, yes.

Having non-stackable boosts doesn't single handedly control stat inflation but having the bonuses you mention stack wouldn't help either. I will try to have a conversation about this with a developer at some time in the future but right now I'm pretty swamped with work for the upcoming Beta so this isn't something I can look into soon. If there are good threads on the subject I can read up on you can point me to (or start a conversation about it now) let me know.

Post Count
    You can read the support ticket evan posted... It's a pretty good explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Well the thread I made on the ticket I sent was deleted, but I'll copy and paste what was said so you can see it.

I fail to see how having bonuses that we competed and spent gold for affect the game balance. Isn't that the whole point of the game, grow your stats and compete in battles for prizes that help your stats, and not battle for absolutely nothing so a new player can catch up to you? Then what would be the point of playing if you can't advance and you have to wait for someone to catch up to you?

When I counted all my duplicate prizes, that's 61% of modifiers that I fought and spent gold to get and never got. I didn't realize how bad duplicate prizes were until I actually took the time and figured out how much I was actually missing out on.

And the 61% is only the ones that I know of.