GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GLTQ Fraud

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

GLTQ Fraud

So first gree sets up massive GLTQ that costs thousands to complete

Then when we complete it we find out that there is a glitch and anyone can get the reward for free.

My gemmers are not happy nor are the gemmers in the other guilds that spent real money for this.

So please tell us how this will be rectified. Options are

-remove wrapper from those who do not have 30/30 unit (preferred)
    -switch bonus from wrapper to 30/30 if first is too hard
    -refund all gems and potions spent on this event

we will ask Apple for compensation if you do not address this and many gemmers are prepared to continue the mass exodus.
    Last edited by Jomama1; 07-14-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    And it's not just the money - this GLTQ was long and tedious. A handful of guilds worked their tails off to finish and now must question why they even play this game. It completely breaks the game when you have an event this hard and then allow people to get the reward with no effort at all.

But it's a easy fix. Just remove the wrapper prize (with alliance attack boost) form those who do not also possess the 30/30 unit. Please do this. You are killing this game as is with wars longer than we like and now you just flush our gems down the drain. Your gemmers are very disillusioned.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Couldn't agree more .... this GLTQ was ridiculous from the outset with huge energy requirements meaning even the top guilds with the best energy regen had to gem beyond all reasonable expectation in order to complete the event to do this and invest the enormous amount of time required by our members to trawl through all those heroic levels spending thousands of £/$ between us only to find that any guild who had completed the normal section could then complete it for free is another example of the ridiculously bad programming currently being released. This is the final straw for many players on top of the many already leaving this game in droves due to the ridiculous direction and lack of planning by the KA development team. FIX THIS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    So how is this different than when RK and SB used to get multi-kills in the raid boss event and save thousands? The difference is that they did a better job keeping that trick a secret for 6 months?
    NO MORE 6 DAY WARS!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The difference is that work still had to be done to complete the quest. In this instance, people that did not put in any effort whatsoever have gotten an incredibly good prize for doing nothing.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Also, another option for would be to add a boost to the 30/30 unit. Something better than a 6% alliance attack.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    True, but this one takes someone that has won the prize to consciously gift it away (maybe some wil be by accident, but most will be completely intentional).

So re-ask yourself, where is the fraud exactly? Look internally first at those that did complete and chose to give a prize to others. Most receivers of the bonus won't even know it has happened. If you feel that strongly about it, I suggest you kick anyone out of your guild that has exploited this fairly typical gap.

Why this surprises people is amusing. It's not like wrapper prizes have been completely bug free.

This is fantastic:
    Quote Originally Posted by stark
    The difference is that work still had to be done to complete the quest. In this instance, people that did not put in any effort whatsoever have gotten an incredibly good prize for doing nothing.
    Can in infer from this that you think it is quite ok to cheat if you do a l little bit of work to go with it? I find this argument petty thin.

GREE games have forever being about balancing time and / or money with known exploits. The quality of the software is something I've never seen equal to in a production environment. There must be very little pride behind the development and maintenance of any of the titles. To call out one example: fixing the energy exploit is so trivial - it was done (I suspect by mistake) in LaW/DR overnight. Which in hindsight probably killed the game.
    Last edited by Schar; 07-14-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Has anything been done about this? Did anyone or any team who actually completed it receive compensation and/or a response?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Not event the mods have post here

I guess GREEdy does not care, they got lots of revenue from gemmers and could care less if other got it now for free
    they will do nothing about it, becuase it would mean, reducing revenues in the amount equal to the proper fix for this

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Schar View Post
    True, but this one takes someone that has won the prize to consciously gift it away (maybe some wil be by accident, but most will be completely intentional).

So re-ask yourself, where is the fraud exactly? Look internally first at those that did complete and chose to give a prize to others. Most receivers of the bonus won't even know it has happened. If you feel that strongly about it, I suggest you kick anyone out of your guild that has exploited this fairly typical gap.

Why this surprises people is amusing. It's not like wrapper prizes have been completely bug free.

This is fantastic:

Can in infer from this that you think it is quite ok to cheat if you do a l little bit of work to go with it? I find this argument petty thin.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I attempted to have the conversation last night with a few people, but was not met with a willingness for discourse. I also appreciated the RB example offered earlier. That probably saved, on average, a group 33%-40% of the total damage needed (I could go through the trouble of calculating it based on the chart, but I surmise I am close). This went on for months. If you take those outcomes and compound it over several events, the impact (both in terms of dollars/gems saved for the exploiters and units/bonuses received) would far surpass one 6% alliance increase.

Do I think Gree mucked up? Yes. Does it suck for the people that spent inordinate amount of sums for this prize? Absolutely.

Now comes the follow up--and where I think the heart of the issue truly lies:

1) do we pay them back for effectively wasting their money on something they could've gotten for free? In my mind-- no--not unless you do the same for all of those that went before them. And if we are exercise that kind of review, then we should audit every person that requests to make sure there was never any impropriety on their part.
    2) do we pay them back because we do not want to upset the apple cart that is the game's whales? Yes, I think, this is worth exploring. But just own it. Pay them back because they are critical to your game's financial success. Do not dress up it up as 'honor' or some other attempt at moral supremacy.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    And ultimately those who completed the GLTQ legitimately would much prefer a fix to a payback.

We spent ton of time and money to get a great prize and happily did that. But it is pointless now as a bunch of others got it for nothing.

I have a ton of very disillusioned members who were happy about completing a quest than completely deflated when they discovered they wasted their money. This is what makes it fraud. We spent money to earn a prize under the explicit understanding that this is what was required to earn the prize. Then we find out we could have done nothing but called up a buddy and gotten it free.

Yes there were glitches before but they never manifested in this way where guilds spent huge amounts that were completely unnecessary.

Please fix this. Perhaps balancing by putting a huge bonus on 30/30 if its too hard to remove the illegitimate wrapper or move the bonus from the wrapper to 30/30. The cleaner the better.

Banned
    Post Count
    Thank you for bringing this up, I have escalated this issue with the developers, I am waiting to hear back.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    all the events are becoming ridiculously time consuming, and even if you spend every waking moment playing you will likely still need to spend real money to finish an event. If you have real life commitments will just mean spend more money. I find it very disheartening to see where this game is going. People focus more on finding bugs that will help them complete events, because events are for the most part, impossible to complete for free. I am with a guild who did finish the event using a lot of hard work and a lot of gems. While I am very upset that other guilds got it basically for free, I can understand why so many jumped at the chance to get it for "free" and no work.
    And now after a horrible 6 day war, a waste of time and money on the guild limited time quest, you release another impossible individual time quest. Sorry Gree, but this player (who has been playing KA since its inception) has finally given up due to your total disregard to player satisfaction, the bugs, and the impossibility of your events.
    Sadly, I also know this message will have fallen on deaf ears as I believe Gree really doesn't care about what the customer wants.

Post Count
    I'm sorry but most people "in the know" take advantage of glitches and the poor programming of this game. Back when the energy glitch worked last summer, should all the people who didn't know about it get refunds on the gems they spent? Should all those who spent money to finish heroic RB get their money back because they didn't know about the multiple kills?

My feeling is, if you have ever used a glitch in this game to your advantage, you have no room to complain now.
    Kingdom Age:186-190-498

Firm believer that glitter and a good craft beer solves everything

New to Dragons Realm, be my friend: 644-156-209

Lurker
    Post Count
    Then i want my gems back when i spent them on energy quests earlier when i didnt know about the energy glitch, or thoose who used it just get the final rewards removed. Same with hrb with multi kills. If Gree changed this now, just because thoose who spend more than others, but also are the ones who cheats/take advantage(choose which one u want) most of glitches/Gree **** ups, I'm done with this game.