The Hate Mob are ruining the forum. - Page 24

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Hate Mob are ruining the forum.

Post Count
    Everyone agrees Gree has issues.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Wbs, I have no problems with anyone who disagrees with spending. I will not degrade or demeaning anyone for that. I can certainly understand why many might feel that way. So why do a few who are against spending, feel the need to attack those who still wish to. I have never attacked those who won't and don't for that reason. Most of the others who are attacked by the hate mob, also have never done that. I don't care to rain on your parade if you chose not to spend, so don't rain on mine, or others. So what if certain people and certain teams spend more to place higher, or at the top. They are in no way ay infringing upon the rights of those who chose not to spend, they arnt condemning those players for not spending. Banter is one thing. Personal insults, name calling, and just downright childish behavior isn't banter. Me an noonga have a good freindly banter in chat rooms. I have great banter with other players on other teams. At the end of the day we all laugh about it. What's done here is mean spirited and spiteful, not banter. It's obviously just the nature of some people. They can't seem to help themselves.

Post Count
    I personally spend about $80 every two months. Cheap entertainment. Sure I have spent more in the past but it's all about disposable income and entertainment. If you go to movie you spend $150.

Post Count
    So basically what I'm saying is you can spend or not spend, That's up to you and your budget. Everyone has a different income level and some choose entertainment from games.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Alreay why don't you feel the need to castigate the whales. We seem to be the source of all the troubles in the game,lol. Or so I've heard, over and over

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Alreay why don't you feel the need to castigate the whales. We seem to be the source of all the troubles in the game,lol. Or so I've heard, over and over
    Um, I wonder why.....

As we hear from a happy (ex) employee on glassdoor.....

I worked at GREE International full-time (Less than a year)

Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    No opinion of CEO
    Pros
    Awesome and talented people (especially engineers). Great perks, benefits, and location.
    Cons
    Clueless management / COO. Lack of project vision. Soul-crushing F2P development focused on squeezing a few extra bucks from the 'whales' without any regard to the quality of the product. So much wasted potential. The future of this company is bleak.
    Advice to Management
    Since you've been doing everything wrong up until this point, try doing the opposite of what your instincts tell you and maybe you will have some success.
    Helpful (5)

Maybe, just maybe, if the whales weren't so eager to line up and throw those few extra dollars squeezed regardless of the quality of the product, there might actually be some quality to the product, and it wouldn't be in what we all agree here to be a slow stall, roll and dive into the waves, sooner rather than later. Even you speedie must agree that the game, the spirit, the participation, and the interest ain't a shadow of what they were. Never thought to stop and wonder why?

Your money, burn it by the truckload for all I care, really couldn't care less. I presume you earned it in some fashion, so none of my business. Just don't expect me to applaud you when you do or think it's a great idea when things could be better if you used it somewhat more judiciously. That's all.

No one has a problem with spending. I did it for years, and would do so again if it represented a quality product.

But it's the concept of rewarding crud with exuberant, irrational spending for the sake of it, regardless of quality, to such an extent that the providers of the product let quality drop into the sewer safe in the knowledge that no matter what they dish up, it will be amply rewarded by a select few, that annoys those outside the select few doing the rewarding. This game is a shade of what it once was, and what it could be, because it has gone way too far down the rabbit hole of chasing a couple of whales rather than harvesting vast schools of minnows. There is a vast ocean of players out there that would quite happily spend inside there means to enjoy the game. At present, that is completely pointless because the game is skewed so far towards milking whales, so they don't.

One of these business models represents a sustainable future, the other one is called Captain Ahab.

Radical concept I know.

Cue blah blah blah jealous blah blah blah jealous blah jealous.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 07-24-2015 at 10:29 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    i think we know your positions as you've repeated them a number of times. if you guys have nothing new to add to your arguments, why not put the issue to bed? i'm sure the both of you are smart enough to realize no argument or counter-argument is going to lead to an a-ha moment and a reconciliation. the discussion is pointless. people can agree that it doesn't make sense to throw money down a pit, but also agree that its no one's business as to how someone spends their money, irrespective of the amount.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thats the first time in a long time Danger Mouse you have written a post that actually makes sense and doesnt denigrate the recipient. I find myself agreeing with your points. I'm sure 99.9% do.
    I think this thread is done.

A discussion of different points of view is possible without name calling and insults being thrown...

Just took 24 pages .....lmfao.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    .......Gree created the negative attitude it is an effect of poor quality and a bad business model. Some take it one way some take it another way.......
    There is actually quite a bit of sense in this, I suppose Gree are somewhat responsible.
    Do folk come on here and take out their frustrations on others? Bit sad if they do, but I can understand why.
    It's a shame that the ones who seem to be more frustrated than others are the ones that claim they don't even play the game though, so why are they so frustrated?

At the end of the day we all want the same thing, for the game to become as great as we all know it can be and a fun and informative forum where we can all get together and have a bit of harmless friendly rivalry.

Not too much to ask is it? But as the quote says, maybe we need Gree to help us out!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    There is actually quite a bit of sense in this, I suppose Gree are somewhat responsible.
    Do folk come on here and take out their frustrations on others? Bit sad if they do, but I can understand why.
    It's a shame that the ones who seem to be more frustrated than others are the ones that claim they don't even play the game though, so why are they so frustrated?

At the end of the day we all want the same thing, for the game to become as great as we all know it can be and a fun and informative forum where we can all get together and have a bit of harmless friendly rivalry.

Not too much to ask is it? But as the quote says, maybe we need Gree to help us out!
    I still play. And like many others am fed up as to how gree didn't listen to its customers. I believe we all want a better game or one closer to what this game used to be. Unless gree come out with new events or a new way of running the game there will not be much information to learn about the game in the forum, and we will all still be left wanting a better game.

As to why some come on here and post if they don't play that's their prerogative I guess, I personally don't care if they do or not because I can choose to read it, reply to it, or ignore it.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post

That's all that "The Hate Mob" have been saying all along. These supposed personal attacks we keep hearing about are nothing more than saying spending for poor quality is ludicrous. No one has ever said anybody doesn't have the right to spend or not spend how they see fit. They've just urged others not to.

I've seen as much, if not more, name calling from the flip side than Ive seen from any "Hate Mob". Jealous, moron trolls? Which group has used terms like that? The only thing I recall consistently from this "Hate Mob" is addict. News flash, we're all addicts.

I also don't see where we have all these people claiming to not even play the game. What I do see is a lot who are playing a lot less, but would like a reason to play more.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    That's all that "The Hate Mob" have been saying all along. These supposed personal attacks we keep hearing about are nothing more than saying spending for poor quality is ludicrous. No one has ever said anybody doesn't have the right to spend or not spend how they see fit. They've just urged others not to.

I've seen as much, if not more, name calling from the flip side than Ive seen from any "Hate Mob". Jealous, moron trolls? Which group has used terms like that? The only thing I recall consistently from this "Hate Mob" is addict. News flash, we're all addicts.

I also don't see where we have all these people claiming to not even play the game. What I do see is a lot who are playing a lot less, but would like a reason to play more.
    Well stated J-man!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't play any longer as of around two months ago. However, if Gree gets their crap together I may start up again. If they can get back to where it is not a constant, all out endless money grab I may even start spending again. I haven't spent in nearly two years yet I hung around hoping things would change, but they only got that much worse. I've spent quite a chunk of change on this game relative to my income and to just throw it all away seems absurd to me but, the game, for me at least, became way too much of a chore then it was worth.

The forum morale is a direct reflection of what's going on in game and I don't see it stopping anytime soon, until Gree gets there heads out of their rears. And it starts with communication, then backing that up with accurate information. And a CS department that believes in the concept of the customer is always right. Well, for the most part.
    Last edited by Ajk; 07-25-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    J1, either you have not been reading the posts, or have blinders on. Just look at the jelly thread started by that group, and perpetuated over a simple typo, and then try to explain what you just said. I think it's onvious to most that yes , a good number of them are indeed jealous. I don't remeber the word moron being used, though it's posiible. The name calling is much more predominant from then, even someone who used to be a logical thinker like orange has delved into the name calling and mudslinging using GREE as an excuse for this is ridiculous. Would it be ok to call my wife the c word because I've taken constant barrage of you know what at work on a given day? Sorry, I don't think that flies very far. I see a few people dismissing it for that reason on here.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The whole jelly thread was a black humor poke at "proof" of a myth you insist on perpetuating. Looking at it at anything deeper than that is searching for things that don't exist. Think about it, if you didn't harp on this nonexistent jealousy thing like you do, no one would have had a reason to make a thread about it. Was the thread mean? Maybe if we were all five. But we are all adults, so it's really nothing beyond sophomoric, slightly immature fun, with a little dig at the truth thrown in for good measure. Just because you want people to be jealous of you, doesn't mean they actually are.
    Last edited by J-manKometh96; 07-25-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER