The Hate Mob are ruining the forum. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hate Mob are ruining the forum.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Most, but not all DM.

I think the point of the responses some of us are trying to make is that there are some of us in the game, in the very top factions, with multi-year experience who would enjoy debating things in here without the negative crap spouted by the usual suspects.

There are things we could perhaps share that would help new gamers or people who want to get the most out of MW

But we don't bother because of how those usual suspects try to beat everything down. It's such a shame you're all denying those who want to learn and debate the opportunity to do so.

No one is saying this game is perfect. Of course it's not. But there are still many playing it and this forum could be helpful to many of them, but this boring tiresome mob make it impossible.

Such a shame.

This forum, and indeed the game would be a much better place without these people.
    I guess it's all a matter of perspective Rob. Because there's also a few out there, also with many years experience at top levels (regrettably) from when Factions were still just a gleam in the companies Chief Financial Officers eye, that are also trying to pass on their experiences of how the corporation operates and appears willing to continue doing so.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    I guess it's all a matter of perspective Rob. Because there's also a few out there, also with many years experience at top levels (regrettably) from when Factions were still just a gleam in the companies Chief Financial Officers eye, that are also trying to pass on their experiences of how the corporation operates and appears willing to continue doing so.
    I get that DM. When you get to my age you understand everything is a matter of perspective (perception is reality)

But if you're trying to get over the message that the game is full of bugs and glitches and GREE are simply trying to get every penny out of us they can - we get it......

I know that every penny I've ever spent on this game will ultimately leave me with nothing. There is nothing tactile about these games, it's all pixels.

Do you honestly believe, hand on heart, that the nonsensical waffling of DEW has any beneficial affect on the game, the game experience or the people who play?

I certainly don't and I'm embarrassed on behalf of those who seem to laud him as some sort of MW messiah. He's not. He's an irrelevance.

You allude to the fact that you're a long term MW player from a top faction, why don't you start giving some positive advice? Tell people which events are the better ones to do (notice I didn't say 'good to do').

Why not try to help make this forum a positive place to share ideas and perhaps give collective feedback to GREE. All it is at the moment is a pit of scorpions that makes the game even worse.

Post Count
    I get that DM. When you get to my age you understand everything is a matter of perspective (perception is reality)

But if you're trying to get over the message that the game is full of bugs and glitches and GREE are simply trying to get every penny out of us they can - we get it......

I know that every penny I've ever spent on this game will ultimately leave me with nothing. There is nothing tactile about these games, it's all pixels.

Do you honestly believe, hand on heart, that the nonsensical waffling of DEW has any beneficial affect on the game, the game experience or the people who play?

I certainly don't and I'm embarrassed on behalf of those who seem to laud him as some sort of MW messiah. He's not. He's an irrelevance.

You allude to the fact that you're a long term MW player from a top faction, why don't you start giving some positive advice? Tell people which events are the better ones to do (notice I didn't say 'good to do').

Why not try to help make this forum a positive place to share ideas and perhaps give collective feedback to GREE. All it is at the moment is a pit of scorpions that makes the game even worse.
    Been there done that Rob. For many years. This is just the latest in a long line of Avatars, the others banned when the usual frustration of trying to see positive change (or even responsible dealings) with our beloved company came to a head.

Now, the best advice I can give any newbie is don't even start. Why would you? Or, if you do start, at least have some perspective that your frustrations are not new, and, as has been shown time and again, will have no affect on how things are run.

As for our friend Dewie........ Where's the harm? Take him or leave him, harmless really. He has a certain charm, and at least has an ability to laugh at himself - more that can be said for some.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Dew is just making light of a bad situation. No he is not helpful, but no he is not harmful either. If GReE got their act together his poems would be about rainbows and butterflies. It is not the forum members who create the atmosphere, it's the leadership!. We are just reactive to our puppeteers.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I have to agree with Vegaman. Noobs can't ask for help without a pack of posts telling them to leave the game. You can't ask for help without a bunch of posts criticizing everything about the game. They aren't playing the game but for whatever reason they think it is their charge in life to bring it down. Sad people with no purpose in life other than to rant and consume oxygen.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Dew is just making light of a bad situation. No he is not helpful, but no he is not harmful either. If GReE got their act together his poems would be about rainbows and butterflies. It is not the forum members who create the atmosphere, it's the leadership!. We are just reactive to our puppeteers.
    I see your point, but.... Dew and all the other Dew-ciples claim to.....do nothing! They have apparently given up on the game, so how would they ever know if it improved.

The sad fact is that they use this board as a platform to demonstrate supposed wit and ability to argue, most of the time with no real substance.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    I see your point, but.... Dew and all the other Dew-ciples claim to.....do nothing! They have apparently given up on the game, so how would they ever know if it improved.

The sad fact is that they use this board as a platform to demonstrate supposed wit and ability to argue, most of the time with no real substance.
    Oh, they Dew more than they claim. They just don't spend. Small but important difference.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    I have to agree with Vegaman. Noobs can't ask for help without a pack of posts telling them to leave the game. You can't ask for help without a bunch of posts criticizing everything about the game. They aren't playing the game but for whatever reason they think it is their charge in life to bring it down. Sad people with no purpose in life other than to rant and consume oxygen.
    Once again, if GReE provided better customer service people wouldn't be telling them not to play, so to that I would say that is solid advice. But they will be given the warning to leave and we will still answer their question. I know I well tell GReE what's what but I will always help out my fellow gamers first, and not with guesses...I give them solid info or a heads up to where they can get that from, even though it should be a customer representatives prerogative to ensure noobs can easily understand the game and we the experienced players help with the nuances of the game.

Post Count
    Once again, if GReE provided better customer service people wouldn't be telling them not to play, so to that I would say that is solid advice. But they will be given the warning to leave and we will still answer their question. I know I well tell GReE what's what but I will always help out my fellow gamers first, and not with guesses...I give them solid info or a heads up to where they can get that from, even though it should be a customer representatives prerogative to ensure noobs can easily understand the game and we the experienced players help with the nuances of the game.
    Yeah, but that's the problem bam. The nuance is gone. Now it's just a matter of what's worth spending for and what isn't, and the ledgers aren't exactly balanced on that front either lately. Even Rob would have to concede that point. Even Danimal gave up the ghost on that one, and a more positive player you'd be hard to find.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    For the record I am in a low top 200 ish faction. Played since day 1 and don't really spend gold.

But my point about the forum going down hill and the continued 'badger Baiting' shouting down others comments if not part of the negative 'gang' are in my opinion driving many away from the forum.
    I have no idea where the jealousy idiotic rant came from but it further demonstrates my point about populating posts with inane drivel to shut someone up making a point.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gaming is much more than just "games". It is a way of life, a social gathering, a stress reliever (or increaser), a source of entertainment, and no you don't achieve a physical product but you are purchasing a service...make no mistake about that. It is not for or about pixels, people don't play for pixels. People play for entertainment and they have a right to demand a quality experience. If it is not met they should first and foremost voice their concerns and secondly not part with cash until value for money had been reached (simple market dynamics). I hate when our mods censor us, we should not be censoring eachother.

If GReE fixed their service, tho mood here will increase and along with the good will, the good times will roll on.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegaman View Post
    For the record I am in a low top 200 ish faction. Played since day 1 and don't really spend gold.

But my point about the forum going down hill and the continued 'badger Baiting' shouting down others comments if not part of the negative 'gang' are in my opinion driving many away from the forum.
    I have no idea where the jealousy idiotic rant came from but it further demonstrates my point about populating posts with inane drivel to shut someone up making a point.
    Even if that "point" is just to label someone as jealous just because they disagree? You should read more of these posts before commenting my friend.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Gaming is much more than just "games". It is a way of life, a social gathering, a stress reliever (or increaser), a source of entertainment, and no you don't achieve a physical product but you are purchasing a service...make no mistake about that. It is not for or about pixels, people don't play for pixels. People play for entertainment and they have a right to demand a quality experience. If it is not met they should first and foremost voice their concerns and secondly not part with cash until value for money had been reached (simple market dynamics). I hate when our mods censor us, we should not be censoring each other.

If GReE fixed their service, tho mood here will increase and along with the good will, the good times will roll on.
    Exactly my friend

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Even Rob would have to concede that point.
    I do agree. And I most certainly don't spend gold on every event.

I always spend gold on WD and FL because I am part of a team and I would never, ever let my team down my missing mins.

But I look at each events rewards and choose what to spend and what not to spend.

I haven't spent gold on ILTQs for a long time. If the rewards improve (energy, health etc.), then I'll spend.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I do agree. And I most certainly don't spend gold on every event.

I always spend gold on WD and FL because I am part of a team and I would never, ever let my team down my missing mins.

But I look at each events rewards and choose what to spend and what not to spend.

I haven't spent gold on ILTQs for a long time. If the rewards improve (energy, health etc.), then I'll spend.
    You are seeing a smaller picture here my friend. You are letting your team down because market dynamics are skewed when instead of spending on a service...you spend for loyalty or spend to win an auction because your ego won't allow a lower finish. Do your team a favour and encourage them all to spend when and ONLY when it is good value for money. Forget your place on a leaderboard. Help us speak to GReE in the only terms they talk in $$$$. You do this already by picking your event, but do it on the whole, spend on cycles rather than single events. Is this 3 week cycle worth partaking in yes/no. Overwhelmingly...it is a no atm.

Don't miss your mins, have your team come together and make a conscious choice to do the right thing and spend on service rather than loyalty.