The Hate Mob are ruining the forum. - Page 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hate Mob are ruining the forum.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    Posting is a choice, my choice, so my thing. And I happen to agree with the topic of this thread.

I would prefer to come here to talk about the game, not how much someone hates the game, or the principle behind the game, or the company behind the game or those who work for the company. But that is hard to do because of the hate mob.

Bugs have always been here. And in other games I've tried - it's not just Gree. So no comebacks about how you have to talk about the glitches. There is a positive side to everything and there are those who can't or won't see it.
    Well, posting is a choice, my choice so my thing and I happen to disagree, so get used to it. And we don't hate the game. If you'd read any of the posts you'd see we like the game but wish it could be what it so easily could be.

Freedom of speech and all that. And apparently Gree agree as the mods are active on other threads yet this one stands and no one has been banned yet.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Yeah, we haven't devolved to inflammatory remarks or discussion about each other's parents yet.

I don't mind negative posts, I've done a few. But I complain about a specific item or event. There are some who only do negative and have been doing so for years.

I also remember the forum as being helpful but lately it's just been spiteful. Those of us who have been playing should be helping noobs, not discouraging them.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    Yeah, we haven't devolved to inflammatory remarks or discussion about each other's parents yet.

I don't mind negative posts, I've done a few. But I complain about a specific item or event. There are some who only do negative and have been doing so for years.

I also remember the forum as being helpful but lately it's just been spiteful. Those of us who have been playing should be helping noobs, not discouraging them.
    Some of us still do, however my observation from setting up and playing new accounts is that if you are brand spanking new to the game you will get your butt handed to you by the high number of established players who have set up LLPs down there. This appears to be enough to get them to quit. Those that remain active are likely LLPs of established players or friends.

I doubt any new player to the forum would read much, granted it would be very challenging to create a new post about a difficulty they had since they have to post several replies to existing threads first. Plus many issues are already documented in the bug thread.

I'm sure certain folks are happy to see us fighting amoungst ourselves since that fits well with the divide and conquer strategy but as I posted before many of us just want the game fixed. If it worked I doubt there would be anywhere near the number of negative comments we see now. I have been on this forum from the first week it was started and can assure you that when the company listened and cared we did not have these problems.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This thread was never about the game, it was about a group of individuals who had taken over the forum recently and shouted down any comments opposite to theirs or questions about the game. It was also about the inane drivel that one or two continually posted that actually added nothing anymore to the forum and "in my opinion" was turning people off the forum. (It stopped being funny after the 327th repeated witty comment)!

The game has been screwed since day one. Pre Brazil the first faction event was a PvP that we didn't even know about until a reward popped up in our inventories. (Even then the wrong ppl got the rewards). The second PvP event we didn't get our rewards and after 1 year of faction tickets gave up trying.
    So it's not about the game. It's about the people that always have to come back with put downs encouraged on by 'You know Dew'

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    So start a thread talking about the game instead of posting in this one and sounding just like those you are complaining about. At least when people complain about issues with the game, it's on topic, unlike this entire thread.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Jman, enough. Vega is right, most of the others have seen and aknoeledged it. Stop the digs and maybe everyone will stop. Orange, I play a number of different war games. In everyone of them, I will get my ass handed to me, until or if I spend big bucks. Some people play those games and seem to just want to farm and be left alone ( hint, don't play war games then, there are games better suited to that style of play) newbies getting their rears served is nothing new, I've certainly started enough accounts over time from scratch and had my ass handed to me many times. It is what it is. In a way it was almost more fun not worrying about having to keep up with the sups, the birds, or any other top players. It was amazing how upset people would get with me wiping their feed with my loses. They'd even ask whether or not I realized I was losing. You just have to adjust your thinking based on where you are at. I still did over 5 mil wd points once with an account starting at 30k and ended up at 130k by the end of the event. I just had to carefully pick my targets, and go like crazy when I found one I could hit. At times I hit the wall to help with battles that were close. If someone is going to be discouraged by the bigger fish in the sea there are a couple of choices. one is quit. The other is spend lots of money to not be the small fry. Or adjust your thinking and deal with it as war game. I think that situation has been around a very long time. I saw some monsters down low as I brought that game up. They wiped me around a bit before I passed their level and found a new mosnster to get decimated by. Eventually that game became a mid size game

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Jman, enough. Vega is right, most of the others have seen and aknoeledged it. Stop the digs and maybe everyone will stop. Orange, I play a number of different war games. In everyone of them, I will get my ass handed to me, until or if I spend big bucks. Some people play those games and seem to just want to farm and be left alone ( hint, don't play war games then, there are games better suited to that style of play) newbies getting their rears served is nothing new, I've certainly started enough accounts over time from scratch and had my ass handed to me many times. It is what it is. In a way it was almost more fun not worrying about having to keep up with the sups, the birds, or any other top players. It was amazing how upset people would get with me wiping their feed with my loses. They'd even ask whether or not I realized I was losing. You just have to adjust your thinking based on where you are at. I still did over 5 mil wd points once with an account starting at 30k and ended up at 130k by the end of the event. I just had to carefully pick my targets, and go like crazy when I found one I could hit. At times I hit the wall to help with battles that were close. If someone is going to be discouraged by the bigger fish in the sea there are a couple of choices. one is quit. The other is spend lots of money to not be the small fry. Or adjust your thinking and deal with it as war game. I think that situation has been around a very long time. I saw some monsters down low as I brought that game up. They wiped me around a bit before I passed their level and found a new mosnster to get decimated by. Eventually that game became a mid size game
    I'm just wondering what gives you the right to tell another player or poster in this forum when to stop commenting? Do you feel superior to JMan?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I'm just wondering what gives you the right to tell another player or poster in this forum when to stop commenting? Do you feel superior to JMan?
    Why he is no less than the holder of the moral compass, walk towards his glow

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Frankly, I no longer care. No one needs to care about my pronouncement not to care. So, I'm officially banishing myself to lurk, look, leer, and laugh in silence as they parade, prance, and frolic in synchopated rhythm to the melodious tap, tap, tapping of the afflicted. Goodbye, good riddance, good luck. Through a long and sleepless nightI whisper your nameThrough a long and sleepless nightOf who is to blameCan't help but wonderIf you're lonely tooAs I lie there and toss aboutSo at a loss about youHow I wish, my heartWould leave my memories aloneWhy must I re-dream, re-liveThe joys we have known?I pray that somedayOur love will see the light'Til then in tic-toc silenceI beg my heart to weep lessAll through and oh so longAnd sleepless nightI pray that somedayOur love will see the light'Til then in tic-toc silenceI beg my heart to weep lessAll through and oh so longAnd sleepless night........ .http://youtu.be/Y5UEKNsHYg4
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Banned
    Post Count
    That was touching Dew. If you are leaving, have a good life. It was fun reading your posts as they added enetertainment

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well I can't leave this thread alone without throwing my two cents into the hat. I am like DM in that I have been here from the beginning even though my join date says otherwise. Different name and all.

Everyone's experience is different and I get that. I do think some people appear to have have a slightly distorted view of what this forum used to be in its former "glory". Early on there were a few players that went out of their way to help newbies. I could name a few names and Thief would be one that ranked at the top. His tenure lasted longer than anyone's for promoting the game. He won the "design a building contest" that still after 8 months hasn't been implemented. Just more promises from THE GREE that never materialized. Or what about the TheDanimals predecessor, DEVIN. How was his insight on LTQs rewarded? A slap in the face with a unit named after him in-game that cost a small fortune. He quit shortly after and/or disappeared. Even among all the "friendlies", this place has always been full of jerks too.

It has always had its issues and trolls. Guess nobody remembers FLAN...forum troll #1. It's never been a NICE place. Whether it be the incessant ramblings of superiority by players at the top or those that constantly whine about spenders being problem in the game. That existed then and obviously still does. For several years it was the never-ending propaganda of pirates versus birds. Talk about stuff getting old quick, that sure did. Nobody cared except for those who were involved, certainly not constructive or informative.

Complaint threads, eh? I guess nobody remembers the never-ending complaint threads about casualties and no casualty-glitches. Why do you think there are so many indestructible units in the game now? People have been crying about this game in one aspect or another from the beginning.

As for customer service or mods (sorry Bolt but it's the truth) that has never been up to players satisfaction. I'm sure some of the top players at one time and likely some still do enjoy some VIP treatment from support but the "working-class" of the game never got/get a good response or a response at all to serious issue involving real cash transactions...and still don't. People have only asked for solutions to problems or more transparency from the beginning....it didn't happen then and certainly will not happen now.

It didn't matter if it was Funzio or GREE pulling the strings on this game. It's been one glitched up series of events from its inception. People forget, plain and simple. The reason it gets overlooked is because it was new. The same holds true for this forum. The novelty has long worn off in game, therefore nothing really to talk about here either.

People will always have their OWN memories of what things WERE/ARE because as I said in the beginning everyone has a different experience. And as for opinions...everyone has an OPINION...me included!
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-16-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. The former reddit CEO thinks trolls are winning, just like the OP.

Funny things is that things (like this game) lose their power once you lose interest. Similar to the game and forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    No, just superior to you wbs, now that you bring it up. Evil, that is all true, and pretty much my same point about the game itself. Pun, was castigized here for numerous reasons from the very early days, for being spenders ( who were Ruining the game supposedly, already, three months into the game) for playing as team in agame that was clearly not designed to be played that way, and on and on. Back then the complaints were more about the hackers, since there really wernt events. As you mentioned, customer support wasn't really much, if any better even then. Of the game were really put back to the way it was then, the crying we be about the boredom of no events, and all the hackers. Mixed in with a few glitches ( remeber the Nono? ) players who wouldn't lose anything when attacked, but without all gold armies. Flan wasn't the only troll, and there was a lot more info being shared, but that's because it was so new that many hadn't figured it all out yet. Not much new to figure out these days, and little help to offer those with issues that are most likely glitches, other than send in a ticket and pray.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    No, just superior to you wbs, now that you bring it up. Evil, that is all true, and pretty much my same point about the game itself. Pun, was castigized here for numerous reasons from the very early days, for being spenders ( who were Ruining the game supposedly, already, three months into the game) for playing as team in agame that was clearly not designed to be played that way, and on and on. Back then the complaints were more about the hackers, since there really wernt events. As you mentioned, customer support wasn't really much, if any better even then. Of the game were really put back to the way it was then, the crying we be about the boredom of no events, and all the hackers. Mixed in with a few glitches ( remeber the Nono? ) players who wouldn't lose anything when attacked, but without all gold armies. Flan wasn't the only troll, and there was a lot more info being shared, but that's because it was so new that many hadn't figured it all out yet. Not much new to figure out these days, and little help to offer those with issues that are most likely glitches, other than send in a ticket and pray.
    Of course I remember the No-No. I have it. Errr...I mean had it. LMAO!
    Last edited by Evil Mastermind; 07-16-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I learned how to play from the posts of War Priest. His last post was in 2012. I've been playing longer than I thought. And Flan was replying to his posts then. Nothing much has changed. Where you stood on glitches was usually determined by how you benefitted from them. Now they mostly benefit Gree so most have a negative opinion of them these days. Looking back, there were some glitches I liked.

There are still new people starting the game. Not as many as in the past, but lower factions get them. And I still see a lot of people leveling up fast with low stats, so I know they are new blood. Thanks to the return of EB im getting raided a lot, there are a lot of low ranked players in the game. So it's ot all old players with multiple games.