Read this!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Read this!

Post Count

Exclamation Read this!

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/01/gr...ency-exchange/

Link was posted in MW forum but discusses KA & Tapjoy.

Interesting.
    Line ID: clementine88

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Optimal 1$ for 30 gems is optional? (Said it before, lower prices=more people who buy)
    Prices in game do not match, 11.99$ for 110 gems still. going by that article prices should have dropped,or gem amounts gone up...looks more or less the same as its always been, expect for the vat tax that was added.
    Only thing I can say that is true from reading that, is they added tapjoy to earn gems.
    Edit: even going by what they said was original, 1$ can buy 15 gems or1:15 ratio..it still doesn't work out for what we pay, and have been paying...how can they so blatantly say this stuff..when anyone with elementary math can see in game that article was way way off, and nothing but ____ ____...
    Last edited by Valid or; 07-11-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    Daily player

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The problem here is not that your money will get you more stuff. The article's main focus is how to get people to spend more money. It's not about you getting more gems per dollar so you can buy more stuff.

Main factor here is playing with numbers. It feels better to spend $1 for 30 gems instead of 15. However, realize that all they have to do is double the cost of everything gem related. Or force you to spend more by making enemies twice as hard to kill.

They've figured out that bigger number means more satisfaction, despite the fact that everything is relative to each other. Sure I have over 100 billion attack now, but so does every other top 15 player at my level.

So it doesn't matter what the exchange rate is. They will adjust the game so that you're pretty much spending the same (or more) amount of gems. They are just trying to figure out what will make people spend more.

Post Count
    Ok, I read this and it said gree rolled out this change and all the players rejoiced, where is this change at? 50 gems is still costing 4.99 USD
    Kingdom Age:186-190-498

Firm believer that glitter and a good craft beer solves everything

New to Dragons Realm, be my friend: 644-156-209

Post Count
    Now will TapJoy actually fix their service so that more than 1 in 3 offers credits properly? I'm sick of sending 6 different tickets every day because some scumbag advertiser doesn't want to pay up.

More importantly, this is what I have been saying for the last 3 years. Gree would make more money if they gave more gems for the same amount or if they reduced the cost of the current gem packages.

But Gree don't care.
    Last edited by the_bob; 07-12-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Now will TapJoy actually fix their service so that more than 1 in 3 offers credits properly? I'm sick of sending 6 different tickets every day because some scumbag advertiser doesn't want to pay up.

More importantly, this is what I have been saying for the last 3 years. Gree would make more money if they gave more gems for the same amount or if they reduced the cost of the current gem packages.

But Gree don't care.
    Strange this is, it's only kingdom age that has that issue with tapjoy, I have 4 other games I play that use tapjoy, and they don't have any issues.
    Daily player

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Valid or View Post
    Strange this is, it's only kingdom age that has that issue with tapjoy, I have 4 other games I play that use tapjoy, and they don't have any issues.
    App downloads work 80-90% of the time. Videos work 100% of the time. "Visit this page" works 95-100% of the time. All others work less than 10% of the time.

I just don't do anything other than the app downloads and videos. It just isn't worth the hassle. Also, TapJoy suddenly stopped responding to my email requests last week. I haven't even gotten the automated replies anymore.
    Last edited by legalious; 07-13-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Language

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    App downloads work 80-90% of the time. Videos work 100% of the time. "Visit this page" works 95-100% of the time. All others work less than 10% of the time.

I just don't do anything other than the app downloads and videos. It just isn't worth the hassle. Also, TapJoy suddenly stopped responding to my email requests last week. I haven't even gotten the automated replies anymore.
    You compared it to other games that use tapjoy? I also have problems with kingdom age and tapjoy. But given out of the 5 games I play that use it only kingdom age has issues..thought it was kingdom age issue and not a issue with tapjoy.
    Daily player

"None of your business" -and that's a quote.
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Are u Android or iOS? I know Tapjoy does not work on IOS in at least one other Gree Game (at least the video)- just started KA last week, but will try it here tonight.
    "When the going gets weird
    The Weird turn pro."
    -- Hunter S Thompson, True American

Post Count
    @Red BD... KA is only on iOS, droid-free app.

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count

Bump

It's always been about squeezing the players wallets. I loved this game...
    Matthew 7:3-5

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt road Joe View Post
    It's always been about squeezing the players wallets. I loved this game...
    Holy Crap! It's DRJ!

How is life on the other side?
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    Holy Crap! It's DRJ!

How is life on the other side?
    lol, he wants to come back to the dark side.