Back.. to back.. to back - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back.. to back.. to back

Post Count
    The neverending box event! Open and click every hour!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    The neverending box event! Open and click every hour!

This crate event has been useless for prizes and the drop rate if you're using cash is poor. And we all know how the drop rate gets even crappier the longer these things go on.....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I find the Street Assault boring as well as time consuming. That's why my syndicate aren't participating at all in it. Unless you are with one of the bigger teams, your stats won't go up that much anyway. Complete waste of time.
    SA is one of the events that are not time consuming. You can use all your deploys in 1 shot per 24 hours. Takes 5 minutes to tap. My current syn does 1 battle every 6 hours. That is far less time consuming than EB or war weekends.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny22 View Post
    SA is one of the events that are not time consuming. You can use all your deploys in 1 shot per 24 hours. Takes 5 minutes to tap. My current syn does 1 battle every 6 hours. That is far less time consuming than EB or war weekends.
    I know right, and the prizes are also one of the best to get overall in all events.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    This crate event has been useless for prizes and the drop rate if you're using cash is poor. And we all know how the drop rate gets even crappier the longer these things go on.....
    It's a leaderboard event, this one I think? Yeah, successful openings are always much less frequent than in collect 10s if you're using cash. Add in that I'd need to get 15 items to have a single prize which meant a point on the (meaningless) stats, and it's time out, lol.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I once saw CJ (remember him?) post that they were surprised by how long players stuck around. He said the game was designed with a much shorter player lifespan in mind. This is why they continue to have so many events that require gold to remain competitive. They expect people to burn out, so might as well get as much as they can out of them. Only people don't burn out as often as they had expected. Players complain, but they vote with their wallets.

Shareholders expect growth. I'm surprised some of these games have lasted as long as they have. I take the events you guys post about (I'm no longer a player) as a sign of nearing the breaking point. The devs have to meet the numbers that the board has promised to the street, and it's not a sustainable model.

Enjoy the game while it's here, nothing wrong with that. Just don't become so vested that a significant emotional event occurs when it finally shuts down.
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarthog View Post
    For this reason, I'm pretty close to being done. The only reason that I haven't stopped is because, in the event I choose to come back, the designers are accellerating stat inflation to a rate that if I'm gone for one month, I may as well stay gone forever.
    Why can't you stay gone forever?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarthog View Post
    and

Agreed, but the designers are requiring an ever increasing level of dedication, and no matter how much people complain that enough is enough, it's "full steam ahead". As far as level of dedication goes, they're targeting one. Had a buddy in a top 3 who spent a thousand a month on this game (yes, he was a single man). His reasoning? The less gold he used the more time he had to spend in game to be competitive.

So, it would seem that Gree's "dedicated" target market isn't the ones who play the game consistantly, but rather the people who log in, spend $300 at a time tapping like mad, then putting their device down for a few days.

Yes, yes, yes. I know your answer Dippy. "Pay the man."
    I agree 100% This game used to be fun until GREE took over and changed everything. Impossible rb events and health , eb you need gold to get 3/4 of the way thru, outrageous Indy goals. And yes I do understand that they have to make money, but they make more than enuf with the bonus gold program. What about those of us that have lives and families and bills. Those that can't afford to buy 2-3 vaults a day to line GREE pockets.

Post Count
    Maybe this is overly critical, but it seems like Gree has made nothing matter anymore.

- You can buy your IPH with gold right away, so taking forever to build up your IPH no longer means anything.

- No matter what the weapon stats are now, they will be obsolete by the end of next week.

- EB takes at least a week now, same with RB. They just go on so long no one cares.

Gree, you've sucked the life out of your game in the pursuit of gold by dumping every event on top of each other and blowing up stats crazily.

Now, no one needs to spend gold because you dump every event on top of each other and blow up stats crazily.

Why spend money to get some nice looking item today when by the end of next week you'll have at least 50 more better items if you just play from time to time?

You went a little too hard in the paint for any of it to matter anymore. When we're up for several new items each and every day because of so much going on, only silly people are going to pay to score one of those items.

Get it?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Couldn't agree more Winnson!

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    True that Winnson....^^^^

Post Count
    We're on 7!!!

If we get to 10 I give up
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    We're on 7!!!

If we get to 10 I give up
    I already have on the street assault. Not going to do a thing on it. Enough is enough!

Post Count
    We're on 8!!

Seriously I'm scared we're going to hit 10
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    We're on 8!!

Seriously I'm scared we're going to hit 10
    And it won't stop there! This has now become a pre Civil War Mississippi plantation with us players being the dark skinned people and GREE being the master with the whips.