Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Gem hack

Gem hack

The past few days there has been an overwhelming flood of random individuals with shady personalities who all of a sudden have a stockpile of thousands and tens of thousands of gems. These individuals have never been able to afford even a single dark prince package in the past. Yet all of a sudden, they and their close friends just happen to have obtained more gems than they can handle all within the past 48 hours or so. At the same time, I am hearing rumors that there is a new gem hack and this hack is being shared between individuals very rapidly. In parallel, I have been offered to be given a pile of gems as well by some individuals with very limited budges in the past who now feel extremely generous all of a sudden.

Is gree aware of this new hack and what are they doing to prevent these hackers from ruining our game?

Have some of these hackers already infiltrated some of the top runs, and has Gree screened these guilds for integrity?

I am hearing plenty of wild and crazy rumors. Please set this straight!
    Last edited by watermelon; 07-05-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    The past few days there has been an overwhelming flood of random individuals with shady personalities who all of a sudden have a stockpile of thousands and tens of thousands of gems. These individuals have never been able to afford even a single dark prince package in the past. Yet all of a sudden, they and their close friends just happen to have obtained more gems than they can handle all within the past 48 hours or so. At the same time, I am hearing rumors that there is a new gem hack and this hack is being shared between individuals very rapidly. In parallel, I have been offered to be given a pile of gems as well by some individuals with very limited budges in the past who now feel extremely generous all of a sudden.

Is gree aware of this new hack and what are they doing to prevent these hackers from ruining our game?

Have some of these hackers already infiltrated some of the top runs, and has Gree screened these guilds for integrity?

I am hearing plenty of wild and crazy rumors. Please set this straight!
    Whilst you have a very valid point and this is a concerning development, surely it is not best to advertise such things in such a public way, given that it pique the interests of yet more shady characters? I submitted a ticket on this last week, I'm sure others have too so Gree will be aware of it definitely.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

Have some of these hackers already infiltrated some of the top runs, and has Gree screened these guilds for integrity?!
    Please, explain how you screen a guild for integrity? If they do so happen to screen those top guilds (strippers, rigging the wars, etc.), exactly how much integrity do you expect them to find? Not much I would presume...

Please submit all concerns of hacks and cheats to Customer Support so it can be investigated. Any screen shots are also appreciated, as well as any detailed information you can provide. You can submit a ticket here: https://games.gree-support.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'll also put this on the team's radar for you.

Thanks.

This appears to be widespread and is becoming more so. In the last 24 hours I've seen more guild applications with 4-6-8k gems than I've ever seen in my life. We're turning down these guys left and right.

Only protection we can see for our guild is changing status to "closed" and not pushing wars until gree gets this mess cleaned up.

What the hack is going on? Now we gotto provide pics of players hacking. The pics are all over knd with lvl 50 knights with gemstacks i have never seen that high/pretty hard to afford.

I assume you guys have a transaction history where you can easily spot if the gems used also really been bought?
    Knights and dragons player (ios)
    GM of Mixed Martial Arts and MMA Academy
    Part of the TOUCH-Family

We always request as much information as possible in order to come to a resolution of an issue as quickly as we can. Having said that, the team is aware of the problem and are working vigilantly on it presently, as it is a priority and something that is taken very seriously by them. If I receive any updates on their progress, I will be sure to pass them along to you all.

Thanks

Thank you relic for your quick reply
    Knights and dragons player (ios)
    GM of Mixed Martial Arts and MMA Academy
    Part of the TOUCH-Family

I've seen two today, one with 10k gems level 50 player with massive DF's and 30+m gold. And another with 15k gems... Apparently this works for gems and gold. Its gonna play heck with raid this weekend if things aren't brought under control fast.

Really dumb that the server still doesn't validate gems available/spent on the client vs what they actually aquire through milestones/ranks, videos, buying etc...
    In an online multiplayer game, never ever just trust what the client says.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

The past few days there has been an overwhelming flood of random individuals with shady personalities who all of a sudden have a stockpile of thousands and tens of thousands of gems. These individuals have never been able to afford even a single dark prince package in the past. Yet all of a sudden, they and their close friends just happen to have obtained more gems than they can handle all within the past 48 hours or so. At the same time, I am hearing rumors that there is a new gem hack and this hack is being shared between individuals very rapidly.
    Sounds like GREE is using shill accounts to stimulate gem purchases.

It is most unlikely hackers.
    Line ID: clementine88

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Sounds like GREE is using shill accounts to stimulate gem purchases.

It is most unlikely hackers.
    It's definitely not GREE doing this.

The team has gathered more information on the hack and continue to work on it. More info will be posted as I obtain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    It's definitely not GREE doing this.

The team has gathered more information on the hack and continue to work on it. More info will be posted as I obtain it.
    GREE has done it in the past... just sayin'... Common knowledge before your time.

Is this a new policy, to inform customers about hacks? Usually GREE is tight-lipped about hackers, not even acknowledging hackers exist.
    Line ID: clementine88

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    GREE has done it in the past... just sayin'... Common knowledge before your time.

Is this a new policy, to inform customers about hacks? Usually GREE is tight-lipped about hackers, not even acknowledging hackers exist.
    It depends on the circumstances; in this case with the prevalence of mentions of it here and on social media we want to make sure that our customers know it's not being taken lightly.

If this is as serious as it appears to be raid should be postponed until all the hackers are identified and removed. Otherwise it would be extremely unfair to those players who do not cheat.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13