Why battle on 4th of July? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why battle on 4th of July?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Easy on the tone junior.
    Haha sorry. But the whole argument of they didn't need our help in WW2 called for that. And if anything I'm perfect for this argument because all of this is fresh in my head. You guys had years to forget all about what your learned in history class.

TheWarthog summed it up nicely.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    I see that the chapter on the civil war is a couple months old, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Haha sorry. But the whole argument of they didn't need our help in WW2 called for that. And if anything I'm perfect for this argument because all of this is fresh in my head. You guys had years to forget all about what your learned in history class.

Too bad in school u get at best10% of what actually happened. It's all watered down bull

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcw9811 View Post
    Too bad in school u get at best10% of what actually happened. It's all watered down bull
    I'm sure it is, in the textbooks at least. But teachers usually cover all the bases. I just took a class on U.S history and it was basically a class of U.S screw ups.

Every country falls guilty to that though. The U.S isn't the only one, and we're still technically one of the newer countries that doesn't have as much bad history as everyone else.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post

I don't think anyone said we didn't need America's help. But Britain was far from being in its knees in 1941. We had beaten off the threat of invasion and our bombers were causing far more damage to Germany than they could throw at us. The Royal Navy still controlled the Mediterranean and we were busily kicking the Germans and Italians out of North Africa.

As for lend lease and the weapons provided by the US, thanks. One thing you neglect to mention is that Britain were paying you for those weapons and materiel, even after you joined the war. And the loan was so large it was paid back only a few years ago.The war was a massive earner for the arms industry in the US, some of which was used to rebuild Germany and Japan afterwards.

As someone who reads a lot of books on the war, and doesn't pick up my history from Hollywood films, my mind is constantly refreshed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    But Britain was far from being in its knees in 1941.
    Yep. And every abused soul tends to minimize their abuse.
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Post Count
    Well of course, economy booms during war. Don't forget the great depression was right before this and we needed the money. We made you pay with cash at first so the Germans couldn't prove we were selling weapons, even though everyone knew, but after the Battle of Britain you kind of were on your knees and we basically just gave you weapons (leased) since we needed you to win. Germans didn't want us to enter the war, they knew we'd turn the tide (which we did). They may have declared war on us, but that's because they knew we'd be fighting Japan, and it was proved Germany had something to do with Pearl Harbor. They wanted us distracted and planned the bombing of a U.S naval base with Japan.

But we can all agree that if Hitler didn't make the same mistake Napoleon did and attack Russia they would have probably won the war, since the Soviet Union was smart and tried to stay out of Hitler's way.

Post Count
    TLDR, IBTL

None of that matters now. We can beat all of you at soccer!
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    I'm getting bored here, guys... Everyone knows that the US pretty much owns Britain, but you've got to CONVINCE THEM! Their soccer team lost the world cup finals by kicking the ball into their own goal! Don't let up on them!

*munches popcorn*
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    But we can all agree that if Hitler didn't make the same mistake Napoleon did and attack Russia they would have probably won the war, since the Soviet Union was smart and tried to stay out of Hitler's way.[/QUOTE]

Yep, agree with you there, any invasion, even with the US, would have been virtually impossible. Lucky he was dumb as well as evil.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    TLDR, IBTL

None of that matters now. We can beat all of you at soccer!

Only women's 'soccer'.

Post Count
    Only women's 'soccer'.
    See how sexist brits are?
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Ah yes, but he still called it 'soccer.'
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    Ah yes, but he still called it 'soccer.'
    I was being sarcastic. Obviously a game where people use their feet to kick a ball around should be referred to as soccer by Americans, while a game in which a ball is carried or thrown is football!

Post Count
    I was being sarcastic. Obviously a game where people use their feet to kick a ball around should be referred to as soccer by Americans, while a game in which a ball is carried or thrown is football!
    The brits invented the term "soccer." You should look up its origin sometime.
    Still mad at Bostick.