Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Good thinking! That brings me to a new idea that would solve the problem of people getting pissed and quit over it once and forever:

rename the 'Chests' to 'Garbage Can', and correctly title them with 'Extremely slim chance to discover something special.'

Everyone would consider himself happy to find a 3 year old legendary armor in it!

(no panic Gree, you don't need to reward me with 2 gems for this brilliant idea! )

Im not gonna feed the troll ant venom. Sorry aint nobody got time for that.
    ITSB Kanga Ill Tempered Sea Bass / Only The Best

Interested in joining one of the top guilds in k&d? Pm kangaroeland on line, we have spots for every kind of player.

-- ITSB #10 Magma Lord Raid --

I think the issue is more that your chances are way over-stated compared to what they are actually are. "8x" and "best chance ever" mean nothing when you don't know what the original percentage chance was. Misleading advertising, as it were.

A lot of newer players save up to open chests and think they are guaranteed to get something decent because the advertising implies they will. Unless you are ridiculously lucky, you won't (by decent I mean dfa or epic+ cos pretty much everything else you can fuse for free).

I remember buying the gems for my first 11 chests and pulling maelstrom irons. So I bought more gems and got 40 chests. Guess what... didn't get a single epic.

And @ Legalious - blazeborne+ is a rare collectors item! Be proud! Lol.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

Lotteries typically are required to state the odds to be legal, so the buyer can make an informed decision.

Gree hides that information, which should be all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by gardibolt View Post
    Lotteries typically are required to state the odds to be legal, so the buyer can make an informed decision.

Gree hides that information, which should be all you need to know.
    That is where it is. If we were given the odds, like the lottery and such, we would be able to make a more informed call. I see that some people would still play the lotto if the odds were not given, however many would not. Better yet, if the state said best odds ever, it would entice more people to play and spend. This is a lie with itself. More people playing does not increase the odds. The issues that the odds are never disclosed to us and greed refuses to give that. We all know why.......it is because the odds are never if our favor and many people would stop buying gems for chest if they knew the real odds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Calling View Post
    That is where it is. If we were given the odds, like the lottery and such, we would be able to make a more informed call. I see that some people would still play the lotto if the odds were not given, however many would not. Better yet, if the state said best odds ever, it would entice more people to play and spend. This is a lie with itself. More people playing does not increase the odds. The issues that the odds are never disclosed to us and greed refuses to give that. We all know why.......it is because the odds are never if our favor and many people would stop buying gems for chest if they knew the real odds.
    Chance based items within video games are not always public. Sure they can say % increased chance, but because the information resides in the code that most companies keep this secret. I highly doubt a company would change their standing on this subject so late into the game.

Sorry, but whatever you say - it doesn't change the feeling that it is false / misleading advertising.

Chests are nicely decorated garbage bins. That's the NORM. Everything else (like an epic or even DF pull) is a rare exception to the norm.

There may be the occasional Dragonforge pull, but one has to be ridiculously lucky and usually spend hundreds of dollars to get one.
    Considering that, the way the chests are advertised is misleading on the borderline to betrayal, because especially new players have no means whatsoever to find out how bad the odds actually really are - until they start paying gems. Frankly, I'm surprised that players having lost thousands of $$$ on chests without having received anything of virtual value in return, haven't filed lawsuits yet. I know that at least in Europe, even if the fineprint covers a companies' unfair business tactics, lawsuits can be won if 'common sense' would walk people into pre-designed traps through misleading advertising.

Having said that, I have stopped to invest in the game since months, planning to uninstall once my once expensively bought armors are not doing it for me anymore. This company just doesn't give anything for the buck, it's ridiculous how much you can spend and still, they virtually spit you in the face with a cynical grin.
    Last edited by roookey1; 07-09-2015 at 03:54 PM.

I agree with every single word of your post Roookey. It has been months for me since I have spent anything on this game, and to be honest im not missing it at all. I have actually found myself happier soending my money elsewhere, and now I have gone from playing for a few hours a day to logging in 2-3 times to hit arena and EB for 5 mins. This game has become increasingly stale and unappeasing to me. I think this is the end for me.