Raid Boss Beta coming soon, be a part of the development process! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Beta coming soon, be a part of the development process!

Post Count
    I kind of want to participate just so I can see this NDA... I'm curious how enforceable it is against an uncompensated beta tester and what remedy they expect to get if someone leaks something. Have previous beta testers signed this?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Hasn't the game always been in beta?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    The Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) we use is specific to US laws. Crafting an NDA that applies to citizens all over the world is far more complicated.
    Yet you manage to run a game played worldwide

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Torgue View Post
    This is a clear cut case of DISCRIMINATION!!!

I'm not from the U.S. so I miss out.

Expect to hear from my lawyers.
    http://www.justice.gov/crt/complaint/#four good luck

Lurker
    Post Count

Crime City Beta

I'm in two syndicates. I have a mini syndicate with all different levels and strengths. Also, I'm in a top 150-250 syndicate. Are you going to match members to equivalent syndicates or use their current syndicates? Are you going to allow syndicate jumping as you do currently or will the syndicates be on lock down?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I am also curious about multiple accounts
    we would like to get 10 of my syndicate members with dual accts so we can have a syn of 20.
    can you please expound a little more?

Lurker
    Post Count
    So, USA players will get 5 free vaults of gold to participate and have fun in this survey (they already can purchase gold for about 25% less than rest of CC users around the world)? It may be a good idea to only transfer it into their accounts once the 2 day event is over or it may affect and rig the results if it is put to use while doing the RB experiment. Could then be an indication of what it will take to complete next RBs. lol
    This being said, I think it's a great initiative to get the users' input to improve the game ;-)

Post Count
    SOMEONE'S never heard of china gold...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Podmob View Post
    So, USA players will get 5 free vaults of gold to participate and have fun in this survey (they already can purchase gold for about 25% less than rest of CC users around the world)? It may be a good idea to only transfer it into their accounts once the 2 day event is over or it may affect and rig the results if it is put to use while doing the RB experiment. Could then be an indication of what it will take to complete next RBs. lol
    This being said, I think it's a great initiative to get the users' input to improve the game ;-)
    Did you even read the opening post your CC account will get copied over to the beta version which is a completely separate app on a completely separate server. They give you the gold so you can do the RB quickly since it is only 2 days. The only thing you get from it is insight into the new RB and a building

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yes, I read that JcW. All I'm saying is that gold shouldn't be involved to get the true colours of an event. You want it to reflect reality? Do it on the same time period a real event would last and... WITHOUT the use of gold. If not, the survey is obsolete.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Oups! Wanted to say that "it won't reflect reality" if you can use all that gold to get the bosses down quickly. ;-)

Lurker
    Post Count
    I too considered the point of the gold for the Beta. But, I agree with Jwc. The only way the event can be finished in two days is with gold. Unless of course the Beta can actually be tested with syndicates that have the ability to complete the Raid Boss event within 48 hours on a regular basis. However, by doing the testing with 20 member syndicates of all levels and strengths will actually require the gold for the Beta test.

Post Count
    Just speculating here, but I think they want the features tested, not whether the event can be "finished" in 2 days. They give the players gold so they aren't wasting time waiting for regeneration to test more features.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Just speculating here, but I think they want the features tested, not whether the event can be "finished" in 2 days. They give the players gold so they aren't wasting time waiting for regeneration to test more features.
    Exactly plus if they made the beta 5-7 days they would get a lot less players to do it since it would definitely overlap with time consuming CC events and the reward would definitely not be worth 5-7 days of your time

Lurker
    Post Count
    But isn't "wasting time waiting for regeneration" in integral feature of RB? That should also be tested in the new proposed format? What I was really trying to say (clumsily) is that if a player with a 2 million attack can take down a level 100 boss no sweat without his 19 other teammates in less than a minute (because of the China gold lol) you won't get a clear picture. But then again, maybe the time taken to kill bosses isn't relevant in this simulation and they are really testing other features. Will be open-minded and, like I said before, it's good that they put active players to contribution ;-)