View Poll Results: Would you agree to "Boycott" War of Nations 1 day?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

[Guide For Unit Mixes]

-=[INTRODUCTION]=-

Hello everyone!

I thought this might be a good thread to add because everyone seems to have their little secret mixes that works out fine and honestly, it makes the new players confused. I'll be trying to make a universal guide for them to follow in order to reduce the inequalities due to the commanders the higher alliances receive. Let's be clear, this is one of the main reasons why new players leave War of Nations and it's really hard for the alliances to teach a bunch of new players the same mixes. I'll be doing the guide based on your suggestions, which shall be written using this form :

Name of the mix:
    With a Defense Grid(Yes or No):
    Range:
    Command Center Lvl:
    Units:
    -(Name) #: (Quantity)
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost):
    Commander used:

Thanks for your help! It'll help this game be more fair and more fun for everyone!
    PS: If you guys have better mixes than the proposed ones, feel free to write a comment! I'll constantly update this thread and keep it up-to-date.

-Slayers- (W1/IOS)

{World 1 is a great world where there is still a lot of active players and a lot of Lvl. 38 NPC trainers! We gladly welcome all the new players interested in joining a free Cap. environment (Active players are safe from it ) and where they can get a fresh start!)

-=[GUIDE FOR UNITS MIXES]=-

A) Farming (To gain Experience(Exp.) to Lvl. up your commanders)
    A1- NPC Lvl. 24
    image2.jpg
    A2- NPC Lvl. 27
    image1.jpg
    A3- NPC Lvl. 30
    image3.jpg
    A4- NPC Lvl. 34
    *Need a picture! Coudn't find a wild one sadly.*
    A5- NPC Lvl. 38
    image4.jpg

B) Attacking Players (To maximise your Battle Points (BPs) vs. Your losses)
    B1- A Homebase with a Defense Grid (DG)*
    B2- A Homebase without a Defense Grid (DG)
    B3- An Outpost with a Defense Grid (DG)*
    B4- An Outpost without a Defense Grid (DG)
    {All the variables concerning the mixes will be explained as well for every mix with a (*)!}

C) Defending your Bases (Gain Big and Lose Little)
    C1- Defending with a Defense Grid (DG)*
    C2- Defending without a Defense Grid (DG)
    {All the variables concerning the mixes will be explained as well for every mix with a (*)!}

D) Mixes from comments! (No changes at all)

~~~

#A1
    Name of the mix: Slow Grinder...
    With a Defense Grid(Yes or No): Yes
    Range: Long Range (LR)
    Command Center Lvl: 10
    Units:
    -Jeep #:1
    -Helicopters #:200
    -Artilleries #:300
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): All of it/800~62800
    Commander used: *A Lvl. 25/50, 20/50 commanders are recommended, but a 10/30 will do as well!*

#A2
    Name of the mix: Getting there!
    Units:
    -Helicopters #:100
    -Hailstorms #:10
    -Artilleries #:500
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): All of it/2400~33400
    Commander used: *A Lvl. 40/50 commander is required, but a 30/40 will do as well!*

#A3
    Name of the mix: Things are getting serious!
    Units:
    -Hailstorms #:50
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): All of it/2400~50000
    Commander used: *A Lvl. 40/50 commander is required, but a 30/40 will do as well!*

#A4
    Name of the mix: That goes up fast!
    Units:
    -Hailstorms #:100
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): 8 000 000~10 000 000/100 000~All of it
    Commander used: *A Lvl. 50/60 commander is required, but a 40/50 will do as well!*

#A5
    Name of the mix: SkyRocket Experience Grinder!
    Units:
    -Hailstorms #:200
    -Artilleries #:600
    *Optionnal: -Railguns #:200
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): 11 000 000~19 000 000/All of it (*With the rails -> 30 000 000~All of it/400 000~900 000)
    Commander used: *A Lvl. 70/80 commander is required, but a 60/70 will do as well!*

~~~

#B1
    Name of the mix: Rock it for a penny!
    Units:
    -Jeeps #:1
    -Helicopters #:299
    -Hailstorms #:290
    *Optionnal: -Railguns #:10
    Commander used: Use your best commander with Vehicule Damage, Vehicule Health or any traits concerning Vehicules. They will be increasing the efficency of your attack!

>With a jeep or any short range units (Such as Hellfires, Hawks, Rocket trucks, HammerHeads etc.) in the defense mix you're attacking (the enemy base), use this mix :

#B1*
    Name of the mix: Vanishing Units
    Units:
    -Helicopters #:300
    Commander used: Use your best commander with Vehicule Damage, Vehicule Health or any traits concerning Vehicules. They will be increasing the efficency of your attack!

#B2
    Name of the mix: Deadly Air
    With a Defense Grid(Yes or No): No
    Range: Short Range (SR)
    Units:
    -Jeeps #:5
    -Tanks #:10
    -HammerHeads #:150
    -Helicopters #:150
    -Arachnids #:150
    -Rocket Trucks #:200
    -Artilleries #:120
    -Hawks #:380
    *Optionnal: -Titans #:35
    Commander used: Use your best commander with Aircraft Damage, Aircraft Health or any traits concerning Aircrafts. They will be increasing the efficency of your attack!

#B3
    Name of the mix: Magic Eraser
    Units:
    -Jeeps #:1
    -Helicopters #:299

>With a jeep or any short range units (Such as Hellfires, Hawks, Rocket trucks, HammerHeads etc.) in the defense mix you're attacking (the enemy base), use this mix :

#B3*
    Name of the mix: Mr. Clean
    Units:
    -Helicopters #:300

#B4
    Name of the mix: Burning Sky
    With a Defense Grid(Yes or No): No
    Range: Short Range (SR)
    Units:
    -Jeeps #:5
    -Tanks #:10
    -HammerHeads #:150
    -Arachnids #:150
    -Rocket Trucks #:200
    -Artilleries #:120
    -Hawks #:450
    *Optionnal: -Titans #:15
    Commander used: Use your best commander with Aircraft Damage, Aircraft Health or any traits concerning Aircrafts. They will be increasing the efficency of your attack!

~~~

- Intro
    Defending has been the nightmare of a lot of players on WoN preferring to "run" instead of stepping up and defeating their opponent. I hope with the tricks I'll add here, a lot of players will now enjoy the other dimension of the game!

#C1
    * Always defend with a Radar that can at least show the enemy incoming mix, because LR defending mixes are really sensible to small variations of SR units in the attacking mixes.
    ** All the amount of units defending will constantly vary from a player to another because it always depends on the leadership of your defending commander (Total amount of units = Leadership).

#C1*
    >If the enemy incoming mix has these following units, which are Helicopters, Hailstorms, Artilleries and Railguns;

Use this ratio of units to defend:
    -Helicopters #:20%
    -Hailstorms #:30%
    -Artilleries #:40%
    -Railguns #:10%
    Commander used: Use yours with the highest leadership!

#C1**
    >If the enemy incoming mix has these following units, which are Any SR/MR Units (HammerHeads, Hawks, Rocket Trucks etc.), Helicopters, Hailstorms, Artilleries and Railguns;

-Jeeps #:1%
    -Helicopters #:19%
    -Hailstorms #:30%
    -Artilleries #:40%
    -Railguns #:10%

#C2
    -Jeeps #:1%
    -Tanks #:1%
    -Arachnids #:10%
    -Rocket Trucks #:15%
    -Helicopters #:15%
    -Artilleries #:10%
    -Titans #:5%
    -Hellfires #:5%
    -Hammerheads #:10%
    -Hawks #:28%

~~~

#D1
    Name of the mix: 38 NPC training
    With a Defense Grid(Yes or No): yes
    Range: long range
    Command Center Lvl: 14
    Units: (Name) #(Quantity) 5 jeeps, 40 helicopters, 40 hailstorms, 200 railguns, 1315 artillery
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): 39.4 million killed / 392k lost (Lost units: 5 jeeps, 40 helis, 40 hails, and 193 arts)
    Commander used: 50 cinderblock
    Also I have ripsaws and shields on 24/7
    With all experimentals around lvl 10

#D2
    The mixes for level 18, 20, 24, and 27 NPC's are well known. They are going to depend a little bit on commander, and bonuses, but for N00bies
    level 18 NPC: 5 helicopter, 5 hailstorms, 250 artillery. Can use any commander (even a level 1/10), but you might want to pad the numbers a bit or you risk losing hails and arts. If you have done it properly, you will only lose 5 helicopters.
    level 20/24/27 NPC: 1 jeep, 5 helicopter, 50 - 100 hailstorms, 300 - 400 artillery. Generally a level 25+ commander is recommended for level 20 NPC's, a 35+ commander is recommended for 30 NPC's, and a 45+ commander is recommended for level 27 NPC's. If you did it properly, your only losses should be 1 jeep and 5 helicopters.
    level 30 NPC's: 1 jeep, 50 helicopter, 100 hailstorms, 800+ artillery. There are usually very few level 30 NPC's left in many worlds, except old worlds where they have been returned to nature, so the exact mix hasn't been optimized. Usually, you want a level 70 or higher commander, and you only lose the jeep and helicopter.
    level 34/38 NPC's: 1 jeep, 250 helicopter, 100 hails, 50 rails, rest artillery if you have them. If your commander is strong enough (80+ for a level 34, 95+ for a level 38), you can one-hit wipe the NPC. I have heard, but haven't gotten to try, that you can clear a level 34 NPC with: 13 heli 13 Hail 125 rail 1200 art, losing only the heli and hail, as long as the commander is good enough.

#D3
    Mix for levelling up comms on a full 34 NPC. Level 45 comm & above.

Loss 16,370 UV
    Mix: 1 Jeep, 15 helicopter, 15 hailstorm, 1 transport, 1 bomber, 200 rails, rest art.
    Only loss is 1 jeep, 15 heli & 15 hailstorm.

#D4
    NPC 24 and 27 mixes incorrect (A.1 and A.2?)
    General formula (for both):
    1 jeep 10 heli 180 hails 600 arts
    You can play with this depending on your personal boosts and comm lvls
    You can use lower heli hails art with higher boosts but the above formula usually works for newer players
    LR jeep rules incorrect. Jeep depends on what's in the enemy base. I think this was already covered in a post on here.
    Don't need smaller clearing waves if you send correctly based on the jeep/no jeep rules. If you get zero reported, you sent wrong.
    SR mixes need more mech (hh, cent, HF and Titans) and way less less (arts hails helis) than what's posted.
    Last edited by Qc-Slayers; 10-21-2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Qc-Slayers View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I thought this might be a good thread to add because everyone seem to have their little secret mixes that works out fine and honestly, it makes the new players confused. I'll be trying to make a universal guide for them to follow to reduce the inequalities due to the commanders the higher alliances receive. Let's be clear, this is one of the main reasons why new commers leave WoN and it's really hard for the alliances to teach a bunch of new players the same mixes. I'll be doing the guide based on your suggestions, which shall be written on this form :

Name of the mix:
    With a Defense Grid(Yes or No):
    Range:
    Command Center Lvl:
    Units: (Name) #(Quantity)
    Ratio(UV killed/Uv lost):
    Commander used:

Thanks for your help👍 It'll help this game be more fair and more fun for everyone!
    It is worth noting that the outcome of an attack on a base with a defense grid depends very heavily on the attack and defenses unit mixes. Assuming that both the attacker and defender use predominantly long range units, the difference between a successful defense that gives the attacker no report and a successful attack can be a single jeep. So, if the attacker sends a mix of 1 jeep/200 heli/100 hail/1100 arts/99 rails, a defense that has 1 jeep and an assortment of long range units paired with a decent commander will repel the attacker, while a defense that lacks the jeep will be defeated (or, at the least, the attacker will inflict significant amounts of damage).

There are strategies around this, of course, and defensive strategies to combat an incoming attack, but that is beyond the scope of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by bostoncard View Post
    It is worth noting that the outcome of an attack on a base with a defense grid depends very heavily on the attack and defenses unit mixes. Assuming that both the attacker and defender use predominantly long range units, the difference between a successful defense that gives the attacker no report and a successful attack can be a single jeep. So, if the attacker sends a mix of 1 jeep/200 heli/100 hail/1100 arts/99 rails, a defense that has 1 jeep and an assortment of long range units paired with a decent commander will repel the attacker, while a defense that lacks the jeep will be defeated (or, at the least, the attacker will inflict significant amounts of damage).

There are strategies around this, of course, and defensive strategies to
    combat an incoming attack, but that is beyond the scope of this post.
    I totally understand your point of view but please remember this thread is destinated to new players with very little knowledge of the game so indicating the presence of a grid might help them when they attack and would eliminate a great amount of confusion! Thanks for your reply!
    Last edited by Qc-Slayers; 07-01-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Name of the mix: NPC Exp. FARMING (Preference of Lvl.38)
    Range: Long
    Units:
    Jeeps #: 10
    Hailstorms #: 10
    Helicopters #: 200
    Artilleries #: 500
    Railguns #: 100
    Ratio(UV killed/Uv lost): If the NPC is full -> 17M/1.8M
    Commander used: Revolver (60/70 ~ Pure Merge)

Qc-Slayers, I'm definitely stickying this. This will help tons of growing players and other more experienced players with their daily WoN activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Qc-Slayers, I'm definitely stickying this. This will help tons of growing players and other more experienced players with their daily WoN activity.
    Thank you! I hope this thread will receive a lot of support from the Veteran players. By the way, if you guys have similar mixes, but they work out better, just tell me I'll gladly change the ones I posted! I'm a dinosaur sticking to my old mixes so it might be time to evolve a little!

-Slayers-

It would help both new and old players if Watch Battle was fixed.

Units: (Name) #(Quantity) 5 jeeps, 40 helicopters, 40 hailstorms, 200 railguns, 1315 artillery
    Ratio(Uv killed/Uv lost): 39.4 million killed / 392k lost (Lost units: 5 jeeps, 40 helis, 40 hails, and 193 arts)
    Last edited by Energy; 07-02-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    Thanks for your reply! Will be added to the guide!

Thanks for stickying this, Lolsies, and thanks to Qc-Slayers for the great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Qc-Slayers View Post
    I totally understand your point of view but please remember this thread is destinated to new players with very little knowledge of the game so indicating the presence of a grid might help them when they attack and would eliminate a great amount of confusion! Thanks for your reply!

OK, with that in mind here's a quick guideline for attacking (and defending) bases with defensive grids:

Generally, you want to use almost all long range units when attacking or defending a base with a defensive grid. Long range units are helicopters, hailstorms, artillery, and railguns. When a grid is up, long range units usually destroy short and mid range units before they get close enough to cause damage. Depending on the mix (in addition to long range units), sometimes a defender has a grid advantage compared to the attacker. That is, the defender's long range units get a shot in before the attacker's units do. Going through each possible iteration and the exceptions to the rules is beyond the scope of new players, but generally, if you are attacking, you want to add a jeep (one jeep is enough) to your mix if the defender has only long range units, or if they have short, mid, and long range units. If the defender has short range units plus long range units, then you should send an attack without a jeep. Conversely, if you are defending, and the attacker has sent a jeep in their attack, you will want to defend with a jeep plus long range units; if they send no jeep in their mix, then defend with just long range units.

The best advice I have for beginners is to always view the battle (Watch Battle button on the top left of the battle report). This will show you whether you used the right mix or not.

BC

OK, with that in mind here's a quick guideline for attacking (and defending) bases with defensive grids:

Generally, you want to use almost all long range units when attacking or defending a base with a defensive grid. Long range units are helicopters, hailstorms, artillery, and railguns. When a grid is up, long range units usually destroy short and mid range units before they get close enough to cause damage. Depending on the mix (in addition to long range units), sometimes a defender has a grid advantage compared to the attacker. That is, the defender's long range units get a shot in before the attacker's units do. Going through each possible iteration and the exceptions to the rules is beyond the scope of new players, but generally, if you are attacking, you want to add a jeep (one jeep is enough) to your mix if the defender has only long range units, or if they have short, mid, and long range units. If the defender has short range units plus long range units, then you should send an attack without a jeep. Conversely, if you are defending, and the attacker has sent a jeep in their attack, you will want to defend with a jeep plus long range units; if they send no jeep in their mix, then defend with just long range units.

The best advice I have for beginners is to always view the battle (Watch Battle button on the top left of the battle report). This will show you whether you used the right mix or not.

BC
    Thanks a lot for this greatly made remark! I'll introduce it as soon as I can!

I would not suggest this until the Watch Battle is fixed as viewing battles now would give a totally wrong impression of how the battle went. It would only confuse beginners at this point in time.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kerean View Post
    I would not suggest this until the Watch Battle is fixed as viewing battles now would give a totally wrong impression of how the battle went. It would only confuse beginners at this point in time.
    Thanks for the remark! I'm not using it and I thought since they fixed it for the Xworld Alliance wars event that it was also fixed in the normal watch battles too... It's been an issue for a long time now!

The mixes for level 18, 20, 24, and 27 NPC's are well known. They are going to depend a little bit on commander, and bonuses, but for N00bies
    level 18 NPC: 5 helicopter, 5 hailstorms, 250 artillery. Can use any commander (even a level 1/10), but you might want to pad the numbers a bit or you risk losing hails and arts. If you have done it properly, you will only lose 5 helicopters.
    level 20/24/27 NPC: 1 jeep, 5 helicopter, 50 - 100 hailstorms, 300 - 400 artillery. Generally a level 25+ commander is recommended for level 20 NPC's, a 35+ commander is recommended for 30 NPC's, and a 45+ commander is recommended for level 27 NPC's. If you did it properly, your only losses should be 1 jeep and 5 helicopters.
    level 30 NPC's: 1 jeep, 50 helicopter, 100 hailstorms, 800+ artillery. There are usually very few level 30 NPC's left in many worlds, except old worlds where they have been returned to nature, so the exact mix hasn't been optimized. Usually, you want a level 70 or higher commander, and you only lose the jeep and helicopter.
    level 34/38 NPC's: 1 jeep, 250 helicopter, 100 hails, 50 rails, rest artillery if you have them. If your commander is strong enough (80+ for a level 34, 95+ for a level 38), you can one-hit wipe the NPC. I have heard, but haven't gotten to try, that you can clear a level 34 NPC with: 13 heli 13 Hail 125 rail 1200 art, losing only the heli and hail, as long as the commander is good enough.