Watch out for strong guilds trolling the bottom

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Watch out for strong guilds trolling the bottom

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Watch out for strong guilds trolling the bottom

I won't call them out here
    But a perennial top 50 team is trolling around 175-200 in search of the 3 day wrapper .
    I was unlucky enough to battle them . My guild was even ranked higher after they beat us .
    This has been a public service announcement stating the matchup algorithm still is inaccurate and needs some fine tuning

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Watch out for whiners on the forum that don't understand that every guild can play as they please and there is nothing wrong with what this guild is doing.

Whatever guild that is...

If they want to get the wrapper like this, they are free to do so..

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-BEL View Post
    Watch out for whiners on the forum that don't understand that every guild can play as they please and there is nothing wrong with what this guild is doing.

Whatever guild that is...

If they want to get the wrapper like this, they are free to do so..
    Lmao, this is about the only place in KA for strategy anymore. Otherwise it's gem, gem, gem
    Purple Squirrel

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I understand perfectly- I was just as concerned with fact that two guilds whose aggregate attack skill are not close, can still be matched if they are close in the standings .

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    I understand perfectly- I was just as concerned with fact that two guilds whose aggregate attack skill are not close, can still be matched if they are close in the standings .
    And what's the problem?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think we matched a guild like this in the first two days. Nobody to beat, even for our strongest players. C'est la vie - accept the loss, regen and go again

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rutty View Post
    I think we matched a guild like this in the first two days. Nobody to beat, even for our strongest players. C'est la vie - accept the loss, regen and go again
    Hear hear! We have to do the same against plenty of guilds. Some battles you win, some you lose

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I know we won't will all and getting points is just as important , but a killer matchup does two things
    1) messes up our schedule
    2) can mean the difference between top 150 and not . ( very important for a lot of guilds just below the second group of strong guilds .
    3) not everyone has the capability of just regenerating and starting again.
    Thanks for the feedback - this is why we all post and answer , right ??

Lurker
    Post Count
    There is no perfect matching algorithm. Everyone gets teams they don't want to fight. I've seen a top 150 match rank 1. It's not always about where you are ranked or how powerful your guild is. Not every guild hits declare at the same time. The system does its best. You can't blame the programmers (as much as I would like to) for everything. If more guilds declared on a more regular basis this wouldn't happen

Consistent Contributor Toddiekska's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltarr View Post
    If more guilds declared on a more regular basis this wouldn't happen
    Agreed; however Gree is running KA's course into the ground. Many people are retiring due to numerous reasons from Gree's handling of/lack-of-handling issues. We have fewer guilds, that is a fact. Our guild merged a couple wars ago and lost three cool players so far.
    I am editing my resume and adding Beta Tester.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by plavine View Post
    I know we won't will all and getting points is just as important , but a killer matchup does two things
    1) messes up our schedule
    2) can mean the difference between top 150 and not . ( very important for a lot of guilds just below the second group of strong guilds .
    3) not everyone has the capability of just regenerating and starting again.
    Thanks for the feedback - this is why we all post and answer , right ??
    1&2) I'm sorry but if you are aiming for top 150 region, I hardly think it is worth it to have a schedule or even a battle plan. Just wing it and enjoy.. If you want to play it more seriously go to the top 50 region.
    3) Everyone regenerates, just be full at the end of the war and go again...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Not everyone can be top 50 : or afford it .
    Just because we like playing and not spending a boat load of money , doesn't mean we don't want a fair fight

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddiekska View Post
    Agreed; however Gree is running KA's course into the ground. Many people are retiring due to numerous reasons from Gree's handling of/lack-of-handling issues. We have fewer guilds, that is a fact. Our guild merged a couple wars ago and lost three cool players so far.
    I guess fewer guilds declaring at one time would narrow the pool from which the game can match guilds :
    And to be fair , we did get a few matchups with guilds 50 places below us .

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    FYI - Top 50 doesn't require gems. It just requires players to be active. There are more than a handful that I know that are gem free or only uses gem sparingly. It doesn't require a mountain of gems from every player.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwong21 View Post
    FYI - Top 50 doesn't require gems. It just requires players to be active. There are more than a handful that I know that are gem free or only uses gem sparingly. It doesn't require a mountain of gems from every player.
    Totally agree. We are a top 50 guild and I play gem free and would be disappointed if I failed to hit over 100k on a normal war. Finished the three day war at 33, 32 and 43.
    Officer in The Dragon Reborn
    Guild ID: 595959616
    Personal ID 502-862-182
    Last War finished at 37