Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Preferential Treatment?

How do we explain the following? -

Three genuine cases -

Player 1 - redeemed 235 Gold Keys - received 231 Rares, 2SR, 2UR.

Player 2 - redeemed 15 Gold Keys - received 10 Rares, 2UR, 3 Epics.

Player 3 - redeemed 45 Gold Keys - received 45 Epics, all Styx.

The last player admits to being a big spender.

There was a time when Gree asserted that the Gold Keys were random. That is obviously no longer the case.

If big spenders are being given preferential treatment, why don't Gree simply announce that so we all know exactly where we stand?

Those 3 examples are from the testimony of friends in a League Of War Chatroom.

The third player, who received the 45 Epics, is so worried that he might be accused of cheating that he has sent Gree a Ticket about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    How do we explain the following? -

Three genuine cases -

Player 1 - redeemed 235 Gold Keys - received 231 Rares, 2SR, 2UR.

Player 2 - redeemed 15 Gold Keys - received 10 Rares, 2UR, 3 Epics.

Player 3 - redeemed 45 Gold Keys - received 45 Epics, all Styx.

The last player admits to being a big spender.

There was a time when Gree asserted that the Gold Keys were random. That is obviously no longer the case.

If big spenders are being given preferential treatment, why don't Gree simply announce that so we all know exactly where we stand?
    Well, no company would say 'BTW, all favouring is going to the spender, don't bother playing if you don't spend.' Based on your statistics, this may be the case, but I would suggest mabye going a bit further into depth and getting more players to 'submit' their results to you for you to make sure that this trend is constant.

I only cite those 3 examples, but I have heard many more of a similar nature. There does seem to be a strong tendency for the big spenders to get a much better return from the Gold Keys. Although, to be absolutely fair, I have heard of some non-spenders getting quite lucky as well.

I am not really criticising Gree too much for this. It is entirely understandable that they would want to encourage big spenders. But perhaps they should spell it out a bit clearer - the more you spend, the luckier you will get!

I have opened more than 235 Gold keys and have gotten similar to Player 1 ...I have been saving my keys then opening in batches....still no Epic...I used to be in Top 1000 in power now its a joke...been stalemate for past 3 months dropped down to 6,000 in power because the so called Chance is somewhat askew from reality !, im not the only person in my guild that has noticed this..and have to Agree with Spartan on the above...I think this also is why we are not having Wars as the playing field is too broad with players no compatable....how can I play against someone that has Maxed out an Epic...I cant its useless ....I spend $$ ..from time to time but haven't since the last 2 months..as no Epics have come my way...this is a case of the Bigger get bigger and those below have to suffer with what they already have... we cant even evolve them anymore because they keep changing the names...my squad is useless !
    Gree need to make Epics available with Gold or chests ? something.....I have been reluctant to play lately as each time I open chests I know it will be Rare !...let alone an SR or even UR...
    Gree you have split this game the wrong way.......big spenders get Epics...low spenders get a kick in the teeth whilst you take our money for a useless item and smile while your doing it !...maybe just make an Epic Chest !

The last few months I have spent big, and have received some epics. Not even close to the above mentioned. I have also decided the return on investment is too poor, to continue the spending rate.

I am puzzled by the mentality of the Big Spenders. Ok, so you spend thousands of dollars and eventually assemble the very best squad possible - and then what? What is there left to play for?

Getting 6 of each new Epic of course. Really though I finally got a pretty decent Epic squad and the game is no where near as fun to play as it was first starting out struggling through the campaign. Now even the 30th Invasion mission isn't tough anymore though if they made it harder then no one would be able to finish. If they ramp up the difficulty for the all epic squads then anyone without them can't play anymore so it's kind of a messy situation. I know plenty of top guys in my alliance who have quit out of boredom so people getting epics regularly aren't happy either.

But if you are prepared to spend big, then you don't even need to play the Events to win the latest Epic, you just wait for it to appear in the Gold Chests and then buy as many as you want.

And as you say, having a massively powerful squad must be very boring - just click on 10x Auto and wait for the win.

I am doing it the hard way. Slow but steady progress. Gradually building a strong Battle Group. Very frustrating at times, but I am gaining experience of every aspect of the game.

By the way, Gree, that does not mean that a little bit of "preferential treatment" every now and again would be unwelcome.

so used 47 Gold keys last night and on last 7 opens I FINALLY got an EPIC !.......worth the wait ...not really , but still an Epic......have to say looks a bit Daft with its Huge missle on the little body

Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    so used 47 Gold keys last night and on last 7 opens I FINALLY got an EPIC !.......worth the wait ...not really , but still an Epic......have to say looks a bit Daft with its Huge missle on the little body
    Yes, that Trishula looks absolutely ridiculous. What were they on when they designed that?

Anyway - congratulations.

Thanks mate..been a long time coming that's for sure....but they say the first step is the hardest ........I think
    yep totally agree looks like puke recycled

Well I have 2 Epic units.... They are pretty good but still can't get all of invasion done!!!!!

I haven't been paying much attention to it but several of the guys in the leader boards are in my Alliance and they say that the points to win are dropping each event cause people are losing interest. They don't do it for the rewards mostly just so our alliance is towards the top of the list.

Sorry Ratma your first Epic was the Trishula since it's one of the weakest ones out there but it still has some good use thanks to that range. Sure is ugly though and I hate that the best unit is the Zade which is pretty ugly too. The giant wheel on the back mixed with the forward tracks look isn't very cool. Just give the thing some normal wheels and give the Sahure V family nothing but tracks and they'd look better.