June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die? - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by t12pm View Post
    This may be true, but look at the great state of the game from it, the company don't care what they put out knowing you guys will spend absurd amounts regardless. A victory by that margin just shows the fear of competition to me, if we spend and get this much of a lead the next team won't even try to catch us, same as the top team in cc if the number one prize was a steaming pile of s--- the spending would be the same. It all boils down to egos and addiction
    Exactly, no matter what they say, it comes down to egos and addiction, and Gree plays them like the fiddles they are. They are the only ones that don't see it this way as many times as it's been pointed out to them. Sup calls it jealousy, lmao.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Post Count
    Well, of course they call it jealousy. They certainly wouldn't call it accurate. Ego and all that.

The ultimate irony is, they think they're stamping their authority on the game when in fact they are the ultimate victims, dancing at the end of grees strings as gree pockets their money like absolute bandits.

Wry amusement is more like it, not jealousy. But keep calling it that if that's what it takes guys.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Come on DM, they are NOT victims. I am sure they are fully aware of how much they spend and their effect on the game. The correct question is whether they care - but why should they? If they get amusement and fulfillment by kicking all of our asses, then let them. I certainly don't care if they want to spend silly money on digital trinkets. This is the status quo (SUP winning and Gree not giving a ****). And if any of us don't like it, we are free to quit the game. The fact we still complain and stick around just shows that we like the game despite all of this.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Come on DM, they are NOT victims. I am sure they are fully aware of how much they spend and their effect on the game. The correct question is whether they care - but why should they? If they get amusement and fulfillment by kicking all of our asses, then let them. I certainly don't care if they want to spend silly money on digital trinkets. This is the status quo (SUP winning and Gree not giving a ****). And if any of us don't like it, we are free to quit the game. The fact we still complain and stick around just shows that we like the game despite all of this.
    And in liking the game, see what it could potentially be without the whales pathologically handing over fists full of cash in their OCD rush to be first to get the $ # I T on a stick Gree know they can get away with serving instead. Why pay developers to turn out great product when these whales will still overcompensate you for the garbage you churn out for next to nothing instead?

This is the great pity of the game, what it could be without the catering for the pathological need of some to say they got the rough end of the pineapple first, and paid the most for the privilege.

Only now, some are tired of paying for that privilege, but because of Grees relentless pursuit of whale milking to the exclusion of any other business model, it's too late to redo and make the game what it could be, so it will die instead.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 06-28-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    My sole suggestion to improving the game is to reduce factions to 20 players. Let the other 40 form their own, and let's see if the hyper competition leads to one supreme team that even the second place team won't bother to keep up. Need more team work and no slacker spots.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Lol. The majority of factions already consist of only 20 people or less. It's pretty funny, if all the active and semi active players out there merged to full factions, almost the entire player base would be top 500. My two defensive wins were keeping me in the top 50k. A single war should push me to top 35k, and my 2-4 active account faction into the top 2k, maybe even 1500. How much lower can things go?

It's funny, or sad depending how you look at it, but it used to be that I used the forum to augment my gameplay. Now I use the game to augment my forum play.
    Last edited by J-manKometh96; 06-28-2015 at 08:48 PM.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Spending by SUP has come up a number of times over the years. Never bothered me and most concluded that people can do what they please with their own money. There are many of us who might be as well off as players in SUP, but have just made different choices on where to spend the disposable income. It's a free country, the help that some of you seek from SUP to force gree's hand can and should be ignored by them. As one of the responses said, they may not know their own teammates beyond the in game names, but heck they surely don't know anyone who is seeking this help too, so why are we putting them to a higher standard? Strangers are strangers.

That's said, perhaps I'm not filthy rich enough to fully understand what is happening too. Being a banker, I'd like to efficiently allocate my play money, which I choose to include MW as one of the choices. So I've never understood why SUP needs to win by the margins they do. You'd think someone would say, ok, let's win by the smallest margin that ensures us a win and then do whatever with what the team saves - maybe a meet up in NYC. Again, no issue with spending, but why not spend more efficiently? That's the only question in my mind. But I must confess, I am no saint as I indulge in some of the better private golf courses, so that's where my money goes. So if people want to say it's a matter of choice, then I don't have a good response myself.
    Solid reasoning. I don't know you therefore I don't care about you. You walk passed a group of people being r.aped and slaughtered...I don't know you therefore I will not help you. Love people like you in the world mate.

Such a banker
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    That's easy east. If you keep it close, the number two team thinks they actually have a real chance, and try harder, therefore actually causing both teams to spend more then needed. Either that or we just like to put that stamp of ownership on the events for everyone to see. ( like most care,lol.) also we have individual players who want to make a certain placement for events for prize level.
    Seriously. Fun for 120 people. Altruism ha...not. 1 vs 2 our heroes. Glad you lot enjoy it, we used to have 100,000 plus playing. Even your money won't keep your game of 2 alive for long.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Lol. The majority of factions already consist of only 20 people or less. It's pretty funny, if all the active and semi active players out there merged to full factions, almost the entire player base would be top 500. My two defensive wins were keeping me in the top 50k. A single war should push me to top 35k, and my 2-4 active account faction into the top 2k, maybe even 1500. How much lower can things go?

It's funny, or sad depending how you look at it, but it used to be that I used the forum to augment my gameplay. Now I use the game to augment my forum play.
    Solid observation, yesterday the top 2000 faction was a single player as was the 4000th. In two battles my A faction of 14 was top 700. I have not hit a faction yet that was actually participating across my three factions.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    It would be rather hilarious if the number two faction was playing the number one faction. Make it look like they are trying to catch up to suck them into spending even more of they money. That would be rather fiendish....
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Ferry is a genius!!!

Ferry was no dummy. They thought he was. I knew Ferry. Ferry is my friend. He never did the obvious. He was one of the most clever players to ever tap, tap, tappity, tap, tap.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    It would be rather hilarious if the number two faction was playing the number one faction. Make it look like they are trying to catch up to suck them into spending even more of they money. That would be rather fiendish....

The number 2 team could be number 1 if it meant anything to them. They like to feint. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Solid reasoning. I don't know you therefore I don't care about you. You walk passed a group of people being r.aped and slaughtered...I don't know you therefore I will not help you. Love people like you in the world mate.

Such a banker
    So let me understand, you want help to make a game better and you compare that to people being ****d and seeking help. You either need help coming up with a better analogy/argument or some other type of mental health.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    The number 2 team could be number 1 if it meant anything to them. They like to feint. LOL
    Maybe the number 1 team will be the number 1 - 60 teams, after they to split to still have some competition.

After all, they are are the ones to reward the commanders of the tapathons while common tapateers have all but given up tapping when there is no enjoyment to be had from the tap tap tap tap.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Ferry was no dummy. They thought he was. I knew Ferry. Ferry is my friend. He never did the obvious. He was one of the most clever players to ever tap, tap, tappity, tap, tap.
    Indeed old friend indeed. He made things interesting and he was also literate....
    Modern War
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Level 33+