June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Helios, yes there were some trolls who claimed it would end this month. Of course they are some of the same ones who have beem saying somethi g similar for 4 years now. Not sure why anyone would think top teams don't see it slowing down, I've mentioned that for quite some time now. You'd have to be blind not to notice it. I've listened to people say sup/pun would kill the game with their dominance for years. I think most here realize the real problems lie with the way the game, and customer support has been handled. I wonder what some people would do if they didn't have sup to place all their troubles on,lol. I'm sure most of us see the issues, have a resonable idea of what could have been done to improve, rather than try to milk the last drops with ever increasing demands in players times, in addition to far too many bugs in the game. Top that off with little to no customer support, and you get what we have now. People keep playing for the team and their friends, and not so much for themselves. Eventually even that dries up. at least with coc you don't have this, "I have to" in order to keep up and compete. It makes for a longer lifespan, and draws more people, who can pick it up and play here and there as they choose. Not because they have to. Hey, it can be great fun for short periods of time, just not non stop.
    My opinion here. I believe that the game would have been very different without SUP, if we assume that there wasn't another team spending the equivalent. Don't get me wrong, I know that you have also communicated your grievances to Gree in the past, especially during certain periods when the game was being exploited.

Without SUP I believe that the game would either gone under, or more likely it would be less confusing and certainly less buggy. Gree will always consider aspects of the game a success based on profitability. Doesn't matter how much anger there is in the community, if the profits remain high.

For example, the first 7 day WD created much hate on the forum. Even the Devs were unaware to the negative feedback. Numerous factions did less during this event, but SUP continued to spend and this gave the impression that although people protested, the event itself still made more money... So of course they brought it back again..

If SUP only spent on features that deserved it, Gree would probably respond and start to focus on these aspects, but a long as a majority of you continue to tap on everything, the game while continue in its current trend.

(typed on mobile.. Sorry about typos)

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    That goes back to what I've said before. Everyone feels like they have to complete everything in all events, and complain to gree of they can't because of the requirements. Sup is no different in this, and prob more so. Yes we of course have strongly voiced our opinions to gree directly and here in the forums. we have been most vocal when it comes to hacking and cheating, and have accomplished some things there. We have discussed boycotts in the past, but too many members felt like that would leave them out, their games would suffer for it, and didn't want to give our competition the satisfaction of a win, by default. Same could be said of other top teams, emporers have spent the second most after us, and they have never done that either.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    That goes back to what I've said before. Everyone feels like they have to complete everything in all events, and complain to gree of they can't because of the requirements. Sup is no different in this, and prob more so. Yes we of course have strongly voiced our opinions to gree directly and here in the forums. we have been most vocal when it comes to hacking and cheating, and have accomplished some things there. We have discussed boycotts in the past, but too many members felt like that would leave them out, their games would suffer for it, and didn't want to give our competition the satisfaction of a win, by default. Same could be said of other top teams, emporers have spent the second most after us, and they have never done that either.

unfortunatly all that is true, and even worse, top teams will never "change their minds" and will keep on spending regardless of how GREEed-UP is the game, because they cannot let the "competition" get ahead of them nor can they "loose" any "prizes" for not doing all events

and GREEdy knows that and because of that will continue "GREEding-UP the game, because revenues will keep flowing, until game is dead or top 10 or 100 factions are the only ones left playing

Post Count
    Sup aren't the disease. They're just a symptom. If it wasn't sup it'd be some other faction of high net wealth individuals.

This game targets such high net wealth individuals in every way - ego, competitive nature, love of sparkling things, etc. it's their business model - harpooning whales, ignore the minnows - except those of course with the means and desire to become whales one day.

So, don't blame sup. all theyre doing is playing the game to its designed fullest extent, exactly as gree wants. It's grees relentless pursuit of whales and milking minnows that dream of whaledom that's killing the game.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 06-25-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Reading that it almost makes me want to pity them for being too weak to stop GREE from take advantage of their personality traits.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Speed and Danger, you guys are right on point! But the top 2 teams do not have to implement a complete boycot. Just score enough to ensure their positions. A leader board on the top teams at 12b, 9b, 2b is just as effective as 65b, 45b, 3b. I understand you guys may not sweep most of the individual rewards, but GREE would certainly get the point! That's the only way they will ever listen to you.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy shags View Post
    Speed and Danger, you guys are right on point! But the top 2 teams do not have to implement a complete boycot. Just score enough to ensure their positions. A leader board on the top teams at 12b, 9b, 2b is just as effective as 65b, 45b, 3b. I understand you guys may not sweep most of the individual rewards, but GREE would certainly get the point! That's the only way they will ever listen to you.

That's like telling a raging alcoholic that he can only have half the bottle of whiskey and not the whole thing.

I don't blame top teams for Greedy's incompetence, whomever said they are a symptom has it spot on. Of course Gree will play on addictions as do most other games. The difference between say Gree and Super Cell is that Gree pushes you to buy gold and takes the game out of MW, where Supercell just lets the players choose. We all know Super Cell is doing away better with their business model then Gree is.
    Last edited by WBS; 06-25-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Reading that it almost makes me want to pity them for being too weak to stop GREE from take advantage of their personality traits.
    Funny, I laughed, like I did when the dish ran away with the spoon. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    That's like telling a raging alcoholic that he can only have half the bottle of whiskey and not the whole thing.

I don't blame top teams for Greedy's incompetence, whomever said they are a symptom has it spot on. Of course Gree will play on addictions as do most other games. The difference between say Gree and Super Cell is that Gree pushes you to buy gold and takes the game out of MW, where Supercell just lets the players choose. We all know Super Cell is doing away better with their business model then Gree is.
    Naw, let 'em drink like fish. Then, smile as they stagger to their cars, keys in hand.
    Enemies DEW let fiends drive drunk. LOL
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    All sounds good in theory shags, and something suggested long ago. Problem is it would never work. You have the next team down thinking, ahah, with one strong legendary we can take this thing, at the end, or somewhere along the way. And who really wants to play follow the leader in a game that way? Sparkly things? Did someone see my precious?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    If there was no SUP it would just be another team. There are always those who have to be at the top and will do what is needed to get there. It's like that in every game.

When a company implements something new, their measure of success is how much revenue it generated. Not how much it's liked or hated or how difficult it is. Doesn't matter if it's cars, food, tools or games. If a product makes cash it is working. If you don't want to spend the cash it doesn't matter, just as long as someone does.

Personally, I think anyone who spends 80 grand for a car is nuts. If I'm spending 80 grand I expect there to be a bathroom and a refrigerator. But I pass plenty of vettes, porcshes, audis and Mercedes every day on the ride to work. It's not what I think, it's what the buyer thinks.

If you want to spend a thousand a month on virtual gold bars - have at it. It's your money. Move to the top of the pack as fast as you want to go. I'm good where I'm at and its not hurting me.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    That is just ego sickness. You need people of character to lead to stop us all from getting exploited
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    All sounds good in theory shags, and something suggested long ago. Problem is it would never work. You have the next team down thinking, ahah, with one strong legendary we can take this thing, at the end, or somewhere along the way. And who really wants to play follow the leader in a game that way? Sparkly things? Did someone see my precious?
    You are right speed. It would take some trust. And no one could blame you guys for keeping your streak going. But maybe, just maybe there could be some honor amongst you guys at the top. No one could ever blame you guys for not wanting to break your streak. I have read some old threads when boycotts were talked about. It must be hard to get 120-180 players to stick to the same game plan! lol let me be the first to say that I will not buy any gold this weekend! Start the revolution! lol

Good luck in WDE everyone! Have fun!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gree must be laughing all the way to the bank at the mugs that are still spending thousands on this game.

I have never understood it and never will but whatever floats your boat.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If I remember correctly, wasn't there a FL when SUP finished 2nd?

All this boils down to, as stated by bam bam, is ego. The "fear" excuse of losing ground for not finishing 1st is preposterous.