June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

Still waiting. June has come and almost gone. For months all we heard from the trolls was "This game will be dead in June."

I am still playing - even though the stat inflation killed the game.

I'm growing at a steady pace and should break a trillion Attack in the next week or two in this dead game.

I am working on boss 125, most in our faction have taken down boss 100. It gets tough after that, but that's another thread to complain on. I'm enjoying the 11 days of EB, it means I can take my time killing them.

Timer just went off, time to hit the boss before he escapes. Or the game dies....

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Well said mate I still like this game unlike others and sometimes wish they would keep their comments away

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Look at participation it is way down. It may not die exactly but I would call it very sick. The whales at the top keep the funds coming in the lights stay on while that is happening.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I just commented in another thread on that. We are looking at a reduction of 75-90% in the last 9 months. It's certainly not in good shape.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Post Count
    That's what happens when you continue to raise the bar and new players can't even have fun playing. But I'm sure some think that newly made minis are actually new people to the game lol.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios Von Elisar View Post
    Still waiting. June has come and almost gone. For months all we heard from the trolls was "This game will be dead in June."

I am still playing - even though the stat inflation killed the game.

I'm growing at a steady pace and should break a trillion Attack in the next week or two in this dead game.

I am working on boss 125, most in our faction have taken down boss 100. It gets tough after that, but that's another thread to complain on. I'm enjoying the 11 days of EB, it means I can take my time killing them.

Timer just went off, time to hit the boss before he escapes. Or the game dies....
    This game will die as soon as SUP and WARRIORs stop buying gold

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    This game will die as soon as SUP and WARRIORs stop buying gold
    Pretty much, if they went on strike for 2 cycles the game would die
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Post Count
    The thread title piqued my interest so I thought I'd stop in.
    I was wondering this very thing just the other day.
    I'm also curious, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. I qualify this because you can't read tone and I don't want anyone thinking I'm anything but sincere. But, to the SUP guys, are you guys just as fed up and bored with this game as, it seems, the masses are? Or do you guys still find it enjoyable?
    I've been playing since the beginning and I wanted to add, I liked this game a whole lot better back when.
    Sorry for rambling, lol.

Consistent Contributor Veccster's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bam bam. View Post
    Look at participation it is way down.
    What factors are you using to determine that participation is "way down"? The forums? The GM and Line rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    We are looking at a reduction of 75-90% in the last 9 months..
    And I would CERTAINLY like to know what calculations you used to determine these number over a 9month period.

Please elaborate.

Yes I've had faction mates retire. It's usually because someone is complaining of burnout or the time investment required. But I've seen retirements ever since I started this game nearly 3 years ago. People come, people go. Unless these 2 commenters above have information on the number of new players joining the game, then I think things are just fine.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
    What factors are you using to determine that participation is "way down"? The forums? The GM and Line rooms?

And I would CERTAINLY like to know what calculations you used to determine these number over a 9month period.

Please elaborate.

Yes I've had faction mates retire. It's usually because someone is complaining of burnout or the time investment required. But I've seen retirements ever since I started this game nearly 3 years ago. People come, people go. Unless these 2 commenters above have information on the number of new players joining the game, then I think things are just fine.
    I can tell for sure that the leaderboard is a good place to look at participation being down
    1- FL just ended and I think there were only 3,008 "factions" in the rankings, even though prizes were listed for top "8,000" factions
    2- from the beginning of "times" WD, I think we have like 20,000 in ranking, now days, I think it is just over 4,000 "factions" on the leaderboard, and out of those, 3,500 are under 1 million points and many of those "factions" are just 1 man army
    3- box event leaderboard, is also down, I think last one, you needed like 1 or 2 items to be top 1000

4- EB well most factions manage to get to 100 bosses and finish at least 4 or 5 days of the daily goals, after that, event is pretty much dead for most players
    5- RB, well this one is dead from the start for most, I think now days, what people do is, finish easy and normal just to get the units for the wrapper, then jump to those factions doing prestige and masters to hit and work on their wrapper

So basically we have the same 100 factions trying to actually complete or able to complete all events.

and if you look at GM and other chat app, there are daily ton of "advertisments" regarding............."looking for recruits"...............or "looking for mergers"
    and many of those are from top 100 factions, so their members either, retire, move down in rank or were there only for 1 or 2 cycles and move on

So I think there is plenty of "evidence" to support that participation is down

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Certainly I make no claims that any of the numbers are fully accurate. But Truthteller is correct. Using just about all of the available info, but almost entirely based on in game data, a number active accounts in the range of 100-150k was estimated in threads here back in October or so. Using that same info, it looks to be that we are now down by the percentages I've stated. By all means, feel free to work it out for yourself and see if you come up with something vastly different.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Participation is well down for sure. it's usually the players in top factions who don't see it coming, because players leaving are replaced by lower factions players, or minis from players in their own faction. Things are just fine, Veccster? Be prepared for a rude awakening when they'll shut down this game without notice soon. There isn't nearly enough new players to replace the ones quitting. Most of new accounts are made up by minis from remaining players.

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    curious how anyone could not see the obvious signs game is in trouble even if they aren't in forum. no its not dead yet and I have always said game was on borrowed time I never stated june would be its last month.. but if this game was a horse.. it would of been shot as it has two broken legs ....been playing for 3 years or more would love to see them fix it but that's not grees signature move.. and if you read any of the forums for the games gree has since dropped .. long boring tired events followed their end and gree is just trying to maximize profits for lil programming support as possible by running super long events yes still things to do every day they hoping people wil spend gold to complete but they also saving resources for more profitable titles now..... no one can accurately set the date but anyone with eyes open can see its coming

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You're right. Some are really blinded by their addiction. So obvious by the last couple of cycles. Boring long events repeating themselves. 11 days EB? Freaking ridiculous. End is coming, maybe not this month, but soon enough.

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    and you know it trouble when you look at game to see whats next and your like omg no not again how long.. really.. do I have too? and that is the reaction from a MW addict like myself that runs 3 ids and has for almost 3 years and loved it.. now each event fills me with dread.. I do whats needed for faction but the ONLY goodthng lately is wd and legendary battles now those are FUN