June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die? - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: June is almost over. When exactly is this game going to die?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Gree must be laughing all the way to the bank at the mugs that are still spending thousands on this game.

I have never understood it and never will but whatever floats your boat.
    to understand why the still spend is easy
    for them spending $5,000 on this game is the same as for you to pay $50 to go watch a movies that you have already seen, you know was not good and boring, yet you are going to see it again because you also know you will get a couple of laughs and you have nothing better to do

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Crime city has level 150 bosses now also. A lot more challenging that's for sure.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wrong thread. There is not a reference to a level 150 boss on crime city in this thread.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by truthteller View Post
    to understand why the still spend is easy
    for them spending $5,000 on this game is the same as for you to pay $50 to go watch a movies that you have already seen, you know was not good and boring, yet you are going to see it again because you also know you will get a couple of laughs and you have nothing better to do

If that were indeed the case, those with that kind of income would have already understood the term "throwing good money after bad". The analogies being thrown around in regards to why people spend money at the top level are absurd. They're addicted. Plan and simple. They may have more disposable income than the majority, but they continue to do so for either ego or addiction (and not because it's simply a way to pass time).

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    It seems to anger you that we do so. You do realize that same excuse has been given since the game began. So, which one is why you still play? Ego, or addiction? All that each one left playing is doing is keeping within their own personal budget. I'm sure it boils down to we all play for the same reasons.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Ahh, in a way you are correct. Sup1 decided the better prize what lower down, which was a good defense bonus for the time. It took a lot of precise battles, but we got it, about 8th or so I think, but can't remeber now. Sup2 took their normal spot in second that one. After seeing the work involved to get the narrow and precise points we needed, not to try that again, and much easier to just take first.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ump - to answer your question - I no longer play. I played for a little over 2 years, and the latter part was due to addiction. I was never in a top 5 team, but competitive enough where I spent a couple hundred dollars a month. The funny thing is that I kept playing due to what I had invested in dollars, but realized it wasn't the money - it was indeed addiction to not wanting to miss out on a trinket. Finally hung it up when equipment was introduced and realized all I had done was in vain. When I didn't play for a week, it was interesting to see how far down my stats had fallen. This game was more about timing than anything. Get in when inflation was kicking in and you could pass so,e long timers in stats.

I don't begrudge or dislike SUP. I truly do respect the ability to hang on to #1 as long as they have. I just wanted to point out that if the net worth of the members is so high they can spend thousands each month on this game - surely they're smart enough to realize it isn't a good investment or hobby.

Post Count
    Investment implies return. Disabuse yourself of that notion fast. Your armies have as much value as a Donald Trump presidential victory speech.

Most people don't play due to addiction. They play due to a Gree carefully designed and fostered guilt trip about not letting your "friends" down in that constant spiral of peer pressure to take a hit and buy gold for the "betterment" of the team. The day factions were introduced, Gree revenue leapt 600% overnight, as expected, because they realised that peer pressure to spend above your normal comfort level is one of the biggest money spinners out there.

Without factions and the fear of losing status in front of your "friends", most people would have quit long ago.

Irony is, 99% of you have no clue who the real person is behind your faction mates avatar, yet you all feel compelled to prop them up to the tune of hundreds of dollars in a carefully engineered and exploited exercise in designed peer pressure. Would you rip up hundred dollar notes and throw them into the toilet to impress your actual friends? I doubt it.

That's the addiction at play here, the need to impress and not let down complete strangers with your might, people you will never meet. Just as Gree wants.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Somewhat true mouse. Though I have met a number of my team in person, and the ones in Houston are indeed real life freinds. Also many of my older teammates, some who have moved away from the game, still play on teams with me in other games.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    It seems to anger you that we do so. You do realize that same excuse has been given since the game began. So, which one is why you still play? Ego, or addiction? All that each one left playing is doing is keeping within their own personal budget. I'm sure it boils down to we all play for the same reasons.
    I have no real problem with SUP winning. Just a problem when they reward GReE for incompetence on a regular basis. You guys are the ones who can police the game.

If we played for the same reason, which we clearly don't!; you would be interested in keeping the game healthy over a number one position on an auction house leader board.

I play for entertainment and relaxed fun. You guys play for a compulsion that is summed up pretty well in taledega nights... "If your not first your last". Now at the end of the movie even the guy who gives the quote says it was just ridiculous.

Seriously grow some balls and take up a real fight. One worth fighting. Make GReE sought their shanannigans out!. Win that contest so not just 60 people enjoy the game but 60000+ can kick back and have a laugh with mates while paying a fair purse for entertainment value. Pointless overspending has made it such that these execs who exploit YOUR team first and foremost above all others get away with being useless expletives.
    No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Post Count
    Mouse and Bam you two pretty much summed it up perfectly.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    After reading the WD thread I don't think this game has long to go.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Spending by SUP has come up a number of times over the years. Never bothered me and most concluded that people can do what they please with their own money. There are many of us who might be as well off as players in SUP, but have just made different choices on where to spend the disposable income. It's a free country, the help that some of you seek from SUP to force gree's hand can and should be ignored by them. As one of the responses said, they may not know their own teammates beyond the in game names, but heck they surely don't know anyone who is seeking this help too, so why are we putting them to a higher standard? Strangers are strangers.

That's said, perhaps I'm not filthy rich enough to fully understand what is happening too. Being a banker, I'd like to efficiently allocate my play money, which I choose to include MW as one of the choices. So I've never understood why SUP needs to win by the margins they do. You'd think someone would say, ok, let's win by the smallest margin that ensures us a win and then do whatever with what the team saves - maybe a meet up in NYC. Again, no issue with spending, but why not spend more efficiently? That's the only question in my mind. But I must confess, I am no saint as I indulge in some of the better private golf courses, so that's where my money goes. So if people want to say it's a matter of choice, then I don't have a good response myself.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    That's easy east. If you keep it close, the number two team thinks they actually have a real chance, and try harder, therefore actually causing both teams to spend more then needed. Either that or we just like to put that stamp of ownership on the events for everyone to see. ( like most care,lol.) also we have individual players who want to make a certain placement for events for prize level.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    That's easy east. If you keep it close, the number two team thinks they actually have a real chance, and try harder, therefore actually causing both teams to spend more then needed. Either that or we just like to put that stamp of ownership on the events for everyone to see. ( like most care,lol.) also we have individual players who want to make a certain placement for events for prize level.
    This may be true, but look at the great state of the game from it, the company don't care what they put out knowing you guys will spend absurd amounts regardless. A victory by that margin just shows the fear of competition to me, if we spend and get this much of a lead the next team won't even try to catch us, same as the top team in cc if the number one prize was a steaming pile of s--- the spending would be the same. It all boils down to egos and addiction