Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

lol, that moment when you are annoyed at fusing the best mono-water fusion result, since you wanted the third(?) best for Heroic...

edit: and of course all epic+epic fuses fail to produce a Rivenborn, but then the first legendary+legendary _does_ produce a Rivenborn even though with 4 elements and legendaries the odds of that were tiny... [roll eyes] (maxed Nian and Voidborne)
    Last edited by Marco_; 06-20-2015 at 02:46 AM.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

I think now, after 4 months of heated discussions whether or not it would be justified to 'give in' to their hated customers, they finally come up with a solution!
    After announcing that the duration would be increased, 2 code lines were changed:

Code:
    $heroic_duration = 604800; // 7 days
    $drop_chance_percent = 30;
    to

Code:
    $heroic_duration = 648000; // 7.5 days
    $drop_chance_percent = 10;

London, England, the UK -'Capital of the World' ;-)
    Actually found the drop rate good & after 8 Crystals & 3 days work & only two potions used, Riverbourne + is crafting. Swapping areas after a failure to drip & avoiding/skipping certain Areas that are incredibly poor for drops - Cascades & Crossing for example my Guild found.
    It's amazing how many players insist on doing them in order & screaming blue murder when they get few drops ??? Steppes being 1st in 2nd of the Eight areas always has better drops than last of 1st eight, the Crossing. That Bear is a nightmare to fight repeatedly compared to Circe ...
    Other teams observed this ??

I think I can recall that at one point of the feedback interview, a dev said that the drop rates are constant for every area and every player [I understand that as: regardless of level, armors, or order of playing the areas].

But if the coded drop rate is somewhat around 1:3..1:4, there are 128 fragments to pull, but no mechanism in place that guarantees a fragment pull at least once in 3 or 4 runs (and that also prevents 'win streaks' of more than, let's say, 3 times in a row), there is a mathematical chance that some players will pull a fragment pretty much all the time and be finished within 3 days like you, while others don't have luck for 20 times in a row and have to be happy (as we often see, rather outraged!) for only being able to craft the regular version although having battled for a mind-dumbening 500 or more times.
    Last edited by roookey1; 06-21-2015 at 02:14 AM.

Stuck on Guardians Crossing for 2 days now and only have 4 fragments. Getting about 1 in 10-12 or probs even less. Lost count of runs I have done. Blew any chance of going for plus and WILL NOT be gemming for outdated mono. Not that I have many gems to use, shove your 20% sale right back where it belongs.
    Guild Sentinel of IOS guild Sugoi Warriors.
    Plenty of maxed Epics, just can't get a decent fire/water combo! Hate to lose but can't afford to win!

I am personally fine with drop rates and time lines, makes it a challenge, I just wish they would make the armors unique again.
    Main knight: VirusknightX
    IOS Code: XBC-FWX-FCG
    Level: 800+
    Guild Master: Knights of Terror

My drop rates have been about half what they were last time. I gave up.

Need to farm 2 more fragments for my 8th crystal in the next few hours.
    Kind of like the "fusion frenzy to get the non-plus, then 8 crystals to get the plus" thing...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Decided to do some Heroic in a desperate attempt to get more FBA. Gave up after 4 shards on the first level because it's just so relentlessly dull and frustrating trying to get a drop.
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    Decided to do some Heroic in a desperate attempt to get more FBA. Gave up after 4 shards on the first level because it's just so relentlessly dull and frustrating trying to get a drop.
    Not desperate enough..... you know you're desperate after 30 tries and still don't have a crystal..... now that's desperate.

Strangely enough this is the first time I didn't get two epics from Heroic Mode on my main account. I guess even I can get bored when the plus is so outdated.

Well, if you can fuse the non-plus, so you only need 8 crystals, personally I see heroic as a better investment than a 3 day war if you're not spending money... (the plus is better than the sharksteel non-plus I was using)
    The only reason I've ran this war, my first in probably 6-12 months, is that I wanted to grab the milestone rings and amulets and 75k war points is probably a more sensible investment there than opening 11 rings and amulet chests (either the standard or special ones) .

(to be fair, another game I play is much more grind-y than KnD, so for me having to wait for regen after 10 heroic runs is the boring part... )

Thank you for making Heroic a crappy mono armor. I did not even touch a heroic stage once this time around. My Phone Battery and My Life thank you, Gree!

Quote Originally Posted by Arclite View Post
    Thank you everyone for your feedback.
    We are planning to introduce improvements for the next event.
    One of them is extending the length of the event.

Regards,
    Arclite
    If that extended time includes two weekends it's one step to get me involved with heroic again.

The bigger point discouraging me currently are the unpredictable drop rates. It is totally fine having to run an area more than 8 times for 8 shards. But with the current drop rates areas differ widely in how long it takes to get the shards. Please include some form of "bad luck streak prevention".

An even better solution would be to guarantee a drop if the boss is killed by special attack. Of course just the normal special attack would make it too easy, so maybe program a "charged up" special attack. Like a third button that would swap out the special attack on minibosses so you don't get the legendary materials there but if you swap it 3 times before the endboss you get another charged up special to kill the endboss with for a guaranteed shard.

I have kinda locked myself out from Heroic mode months ago - when the duration was reduced to 10 days, I decided I'd not go for it, since then my armory has filled up to about 2,500 by now. Most of it is epics, fb's, 4-stars. Fusion of those wouldn't help as the epics I already have are all better than what fusion would give me.

As long as Gree doesn't increase armory space, this is a great protection from investing too much time & money into the game.