GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insane amount of energy needed for the ILTQ

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    Looking into this now everyone, I will update you as soon as I know more.
    Thank you Bolt!

We do appreciate you helping us!
    Purple Squirrel

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    This is an insanely high amount of energy needed. I've used over 20 refills to get to the last level of normal. The XP is high as well. Thank you Bolt for having this looked into.

Banned
    Post Count
    I've heard back from design and the intention was to make the event more challenging; if you believe this was 'overtuned' any constructive explanation of your thought process is highly welcome.

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Its not a challange its stupid.
    May be the design does not know that a refill is only 1000 energy and not a full bar.
    The Red Baron TRB

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It made it so challenging I realized I needed to stop playing the quest. Finishing normal is not in my monthly budget.

Post Count
    The game has to get more challenging as we go, or it will get boring. Tuning should be done gradually, not boosted beyond the ability to do it for free like this one. I am not using all of my energy refills for this event. At least I know that i definitely should stop doing it now.
    The Sailing Alpacas

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The problem is it doesn't matter how much you have improved your character, stats, equipment. The only thing that matters is the +1 energy boosts which occurred in the very first guild quest and first raid boss that were accessible only to players that played two years ago. The other + 1 boosts only went to top 5 guilds. It's brutally unfair to new players. +1 energy boost is 33% improvement that dwarfs any accessible guild +5% energy boosts that are extremely costly. The quest is not more challenging it's stupid. At least 60k energy is needed for this event. The most anyone with 3 energy a min can get over 4 days is 17k without sleep. You can't even finish normal with that energy. Normally ka quests are designed that with more time and work most things are achievable. This is not even close. It's 352% more.
    Last edited by Krissy; 06-09-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Post Count
    Hi Bolt,

It's simple math....
    beginners mode needs about 2000 Energy
    Normal mode needs 22830 Energy
    heroic Mode needs 34555 Energy

It's a total of 59385 Energy

A normal player has 3 Energy/minute, 4320 Energy a day (without sleep) - the event is 4 days, that gives him 17280 energy.

So you need 8 refills to finish beginner + normal
    And an additional 35 refills for heroic

That's what we think is not motivating.... At least normal mode should be doable without refills (and normally a part of heroic. It's ok that you think we should use gems/refills to finish an event - but this means we have to do 71% of the event with gems/refills.

Instead of motivating many player to spend a bit you will annoy most player - and they will spend nothing...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quite simply Bolt, the quest relies far too much on gem usage and massive levelling. I don't see how much more eloquent one needs to be. It isn't challenging, it's just too expensive.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Hi Bolt,

It's simple math....
    beginners mode needs about 2000 Energy
    Normal mode needs 22830 Energy
    heroic Mode needs 34555 Energy

It's a total of 59385 Energy

A normal player has 3 Energy/minute, 4320 Energy a day (without sleep) - the event is 4 days, that gives him 17280 energy.

So you need 8 refills to finish beginner + normal
    And an additional 35 refills for heroic
    That's what we think is not motivating.... At least normal mode should be doable without refills (and normally a part of heroic. It's ok that you think we should use gems/refills to finish an event - but this means we have to do 71% of the event with gems/refills.

Instead of motivating many player to spend a bit you will annoy most player - and they will spend nothing...

Your numbers are off for heroic...
    Heroic
    level 1: 4 x 15 60
    level 2 4 x 25 100
    levle 3 4 x 35 140
    level 4 4 x 45 180
    levle 5 4 x 55 220
    level 6 5 x 65 260
    level 7 x 75
    level 8 x 85
    level 9 x 95
    level 10 x 105
    level 11 x 115
    level 12 x 125
    level 13 x 135
    level 14 x 145
    level 15 x 155
    level 16 x 165
    level 17 x 175
    level 18 45 x 185 8325
    level 19 56 x 195 10920
    level 20 70 x 205 14350
    total energy needed: 34555

7 - 17 are unknown. No one that completed was keeping track so add those to the known data and you get my guess about 75k

Post Count
    Another simple idea.... I think you have already figured out that more and more people are leaving KA. You don't like that, we don't like that....
    What about changing your concept of trying to get more and more money from less and lesser peeps? Try to get people back to the game and get more money from more people.
    To be serious.... Most people spend a fixed amount of money for the game. We take it for buildings, equipment, potions, refills.... There is no way to make us spend much more money. If we don't have to spend it for potions we use it for box events.... Or equipment. If you make us spend it again for refills or potions we won't buy equipment and buildings anymore (ok, there are a few that buy everything you throw at them... But you know (and I know it too) that you get most of your money from people spending always about the same amount, cycle for cycle. If you are seriously interested in saving KA you should start to work on how to get more peeps to the game and spending money....

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm more likely to spend money on a quest if I reach a point where I can do it if I gem a bit. The golden ring has to be visible for me to reach for it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I stand corrected. Sorry baltarr. I only saw the total. Thanks for the further knowledge.

Post Count
    Thx Baltarr....

So we need about 52155 Energy for heroic

Changes the number of refills needed to 53 (61 in total)

And no.... No one in my guild is going to do that (BTW we haven't talked about the XP you get if you would). I was doing the LTQ with my accounts but will stop now - no sense in continuing the work, will open a box for free from time to time and wait for a better decision from Gree or for the battle....

I would have to do 78% with gems/refills.... No way. Like said before: finishing with gems/refills is ok - but not doing nearly 80% of it this way
    Last edited by Lord Vyper; 06-09-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The fact that your development team needs this math explained to then just shows how out of touch they are.

Its really quite sad.

Needing gems to do 80% of the ILTQ is not challenging its insulting.

It also adds huge amounts of XP to players. So why do it?