Insane amount of energy needed for the ILTQ - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insane amount of energy needed for the ILTQ

It's not a challenge if you are the 1% who buys bonus gems every month. It's also practically impossible to do as a light gemmer. I for one use my gems wisely and this is just ridiculous. If you want more revenue, try to not push people into quitting by making it this time and gem consuming.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I've heard back from design and the intention was to make the event more challenging; if you believe this was 'overtuned' any constructive explanation of your thought process is highly welcome.
    thanks for the timely feedback. in my opinion it is not too challenging, it simply requires too much energy, and I will not attempt to complete it.

Post Count
    I've heard back from design and the intention was to make the event more challenging; if you believe this was 'overtuned' any constructive explanation of your thought process is highly welcome.
    considering many people paid full price for the gear packs and most of the mobs i faced are half the strength of my equipment, i'd say that's one reason that the ILTQ is "overtuned" what's the point of doing 4000 damage if the strongest mob you killed is only barely 1000 health...

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

Lessons of Math instructions: Version 3.14159265

Hello Gree, figured I would take a few moments to write you. It's been awhile since I had to break out the math lesson... but it is very obvious you must have hit your head and lost your marbles all in the same step...

So lets begin our math lesson for the day. This LTQ takes almost 86,000 energy to complete all 3 levels. Ok, you want to give us a challenge... That makes sense. but now let see just how much of a challenge you presented us with... So I have a fairly average energy regen rate of +5 energy every minute. This is a 4 day event so that means we have 5,760 minute in this event. Those minutes equate to 28,800 energy available to complete this quest. I am also level 210 so I have 2200 energy I started this event with so together I have 31,000 total energy across the 4 day event. Gulp.. that is less than half of the needed 86,000 energy you have set for this event.

Now the fun part... wheeeeee So how many refills do I need to complete this event? double-gulp 55!!!! 86,000 - 31,000 = 55,000. Each refill is 1,000 energy so that is 55 refills... or in terms of gems that is 1,100 gems. Nicely done Gree! There is a bit more challenging and then there is Gree-sanity kind of challenging.

This was fun! Thanks for letting me play along. Now off to help someone find there lost marbles.

Cheers from Mattman!!!!!
    Co-founder of Warlord (WLD)
    WLD War placement: TOP 3
    Guild code: 885578648
    KA Ally Code: 776-075-625

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman@WLD View Post
    Hello Gree, figured I would take a few moments to write you. It's been awhile since I had to break out the math lesson... but it is very obvious you must have hit your head and lost your marbles all in the same step...

So lets begin our math lesson for the day. This LTQ takes almost 86,000 energy to complete all 3 levels. Ok, you want to give us a challenge... That makes sense. but now let see just how much of a challenge you presented us with... So I have a fairly average energy regen rate of +5 energy every minute. This is a 4 day event so that means we have 5,760 minute in this event. Those minutes equate to 28,800 energy available to complete this quest. I am also level 210 so I have 2200 energy I started this event with so together I have 31,000 total energy across the 4 day event. Gulp.. that is less than half of the needed 86,000 energy you have set for this event.

Now the fun part... wheeeeee So how many refills do I need to complete this event? double-gulp 55!!!! 86,000 - 31,000 = 55,000. Each refill is 1,000 energy so that is 55 refills... or in terms of gems that is 1,100 gems. Nicely done Gree! There is a bit more challenging and then there is Gree-sanity kind of challenging.

This was fun! Thanks for letting me play along. Now off to help someone find there lost marbles.

Cheers from Mattman!!!!!
    Matt-- I believe that means you cannot sleep (at least more than 440 minutes consecutively), right? Otherwise, it's more refills for your laziness!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm a light gem spender and I would do this if it required 45,000-50,000 energy.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    No complaints from me re the energy, simple stupidly high energy needed plus stupid 100 box event = Family time
    Perfect thank you Gree

Post Count
    It needs even a bit more energy:
    Here is the heroic part of this so "nice" ILTQ
    level 1: 4 x 15 60
    level 2 4 x 25 100
    levle 3 4 x 35 140
    level 4 4 x 45 180
    levle 5 4 x 55 220
    level 6 5 x 65 325
    level 7 6 x 75 450
    level 8 7 x 85 595
    level 9 8 x 95 760
    level 10 9 x 105 945
    level 11 11 x 115 1265
    level 12 13 x 125 1625
    level 13 15 x 135 2025
    level 14 20 x 145 2900
    level 15 24 x 155 3720
    level 16 29 x 165 4785
    level 17 36 x 175 6300
    level 18 45 x 185 8325
    level 19 56 x 195 10920
    level 20 70 x 205 14350
    total energy needed: 59990
    Last edited by Lord Vyper; 06-10-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Guess simple math to calculate minimal energy gain over 4 days and comparing that with what you minimally require for energy of the event is too difficult or what?

Get your head out of your ass Bolt and pass this message to your bosses.
    Either afford decent programmers that know the game they are working on or try actually listening to those customers that are constantly giving feedback.
    For crying out loud, is it so hard to make sensible decisions to this game or do you ask kindergarten to decide what to do?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-BEL View Post
    Guess simple math to calculate minimal energy gain over 4 days and comparing that with what you minimally require for energy of the event is too difficult or what?

Get your head out of your ass Bolt and pass this message to your bosses.
    Either afford decent programmers that know the game they are working on or try actually listening to those customers that are constantly giving feedback.
    For crying out loud, is it so hard to make sensible decisions to this game or do you ask kindergarten to decide what to do?
    While I share your concerns about this ILTQ, I don't think we need to get mad at Bolt. He's the only one of the mods that try's to help us, and I don't think he's a decision maker at Gree.
    It's those peeps at GREE that decide that top 50 should be top 20, and that decide that even though a daily bonus is advertised as a DAILY prize, it shouldn't stack, and decide to design an ILTQ that you need maybe 100 refills to complete, those are the peeps who should get their heads out of their a....
    Purple Squirrel

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnsolberg View Post
    While I share your concerns about this ILTQ, I don't think we need to get mad at Bolt. He's the only one of the mods that try's to help us, and I don't think he's a decision maker at Gree.
    It's those peeps at GREE that decide that top 50 should be top 20, and that decide that even though a daily bonus is advertised as a DAILY prize, it shouldn't stack, and decide to design an ILTQ that you need maybe 100 refills to complete, those are the peeps who should get their heads out of their a....
    Agree - and still hope for another answer from Bolt. Time is running and we did what he asked us for. I think it should be more than enough to show that you have to do about 80% of the LTQ with gems/refills to complete it (not to talk about the XP which make it insane for smaller lvl)

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    The main problem is, in the pat there was one quest for the top 50 player only (leaderboard box event) each session.
    Now we have 2 quests for the top 20 players only (still leaderboard) taking away a nice guild event and the better box event.
    In addition a challange for may be the top 300 players, this is too much.
    I prefer this new challange as i can finish but there should be only one per session to give the best players the chance to become better as the rest, not 3.
    And by the way for this challange the heroic bonus should be permanent.
    And this challange has a bonus unit for finishing normal what a lot of players can do. +3% quest gold payout, better than nothing.
    Leaderboard there is no bonus unit for the top 500.
    The Red Baron TRB

Banned
    Post Count
    Thank you for going into detail everyone. This event won't be rebalanced but I have forwarded your feedback to the developer to review for future events. Thank you for your understanding.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thank you Bolt

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vyper View Post
    Another simple idea.... I think you have already figured out that more and more people are leaving KA. You don't like that, we don't like that....
    What about changing your concept of trying to get more and more money from less and lesser peeps? Try to get people back to the game and get more money from more people.
    To be serious.... Most people spend a fixed amount of money for the game. We take it for buildings, equipment, potions, refills.... There is no way to make us spend much more money. If we don't have to spend it for potions we use it for box events.... Or equipment. If you make us spend it again for refills or potions we won't buy equipment and buildings anymore (ok, there are a few that buy everything you throw at them... But you know (and I know it too) that you get most of your money from people spending always about the same amount, cycle for cycle. If you are seriously interested in saving KA you should start to work on how to get more peeps to the game and spending money....
    I said this exact same thing a year ago, maybe more. It would be the smart, logical thing to do. As we know, smart and logical are not agree traits. I would not expect them to understand.

Thing is, Gree has no desire for the game to have any longevity. It's not part of their business model. They'll milk it until it's no longer profitable and then they'll move on and buy up another IP and leech it dry, too. That's Gree's business model. They don't create, they destroy.
    Last edited by the_bob; 06-10-2015 at 04:53 PM.