Why SAS is #1 - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why SAS is #1

Post Count
    Max, it seems that you are mixing up the idea of "playing something" Entertainment comes at all levels and cost. Some would say going to the movies and spending 100$ is crazy because it will be out on DVD for 20$ in a month or buying a 100,000$ sports car to go and buy groceries is insane. Some people just may find playing a phone app entertaining and are willing to spend on it. Just like with everything else in life, as long as you know it's just for fun and you buy responsible, and that may be at different levels for people, live and let live. Some might say your time is much more valuable then any dollar figure you could mention and with that you've been playing and on this forum for how long?
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

CC 713 326 852

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    With all the IP bonuses the top three were given as prizes, they might not be spending that much more than you are really.
    Hey sister

Your right, for a normal war with some active hours, I can do SAS min with a couple of vaults easily. Sometimes I do more, either bc the team needed it orI wanted a better indie prize. For some its a lot, for some not. Im playing this bc its fun and a man need to have a hobby, right? How I use my money arent anyones business, just mine.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is a real Juciy topic that was talked about the other day, i am rather shocked its yet to be closed down.

Back on topic - why is it others concerns how much others spend or do with their time, didnt your parents ever teach you it was rude to talk about money?

Post Count
    SAS leadership is far superior to any other in the game. SAS takes much better care of it's family of syns than taw did.. I know that for sure.

Taw has some huge scorers and great folks and some not so great. Pretty much the same everywhere.
    SAS 1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    I have no skin in that argument, but, it made $100 million at the box office, and according to Wikipedia, "It was cited as one of the most controversial and talked-about films of 1999. The film later found critical and commercial success with its DVD release, which established Fight Club as a cult film."
    It became a classic over time, but at release, was extremely disappointing for box office revenue.

Want to hear something crazier than that? Big Trouble in Little China was an even bigger box office flop on release and now they are remaking it with The Rock playing Kurt Russel.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    Quoted for fun lmao

Post Count
    So in the comparrison, in real world terms, what it amounts to is this.

Maybe SAS is "mightier" than the legendary FC because they managed to find more narcissistic people with even fewer brains than cash to waste even more insanely vast amounts of money for bragging rights to a telephone game that can be played for free.

And for that I say..."congrats"......? What a bragging right that is.
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Post Count
    Just realized Max said pretty much the same thing.
    511982039, 289915690, 421304324, 881517294, 694416644, 525235151

Banned
    Post Count
    What sas did is show that a team of 60 with less gold can defeat 60 individuals with more gold.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Not exactly really, TAW would of had better IP bonuses from being top for so long surely for SAS to beat TAW that first war it took them more gold than than TAW spent. Now they are more efficient but they have 55+members in SAS1 than TAW have around 40ish big members. If TAW were lucky enough to find a group or merge with another T5 or T10 team I could see TAW on top again, sometime but who knows .

And as for the insane amounts you guys spend good luck to you enjoy it what ever way you want as its your money.

I was happy to see SAS defeat TAW for a change but now people want to see a retaliation and someone beat SAS that's just an opinion from someone no where near the big leagues looking in lol . Competition is always nice to see and variation .

For the moment SAS seem strong and on top to stay but maybe there will be a blip along the way who knows

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    What sas did is show that a team of 60 with less gold can defeat 60 individuals with more gold.
    I don't know how you would prove such an assertion. It seems that if a syn scored more IP than TAW or FC, then they would have had to spend considerably more gold, given all the bonuses.

But congrats on your victory. You've savored it with such modesty.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJess View Post
    I don't know how you would prove such an assertion. It seems that if a syn scored more IP than TAW or FC, then they would have had to spend considerably more gold, given all the bonuses.

But congrats on your victory. You've savored it with such modesty.
    I guess a better way of putting it is that strategy and a cohesive team effort by SAS was able to defeat TAW, even though the TAW members spend more gold on the game in general. If IP was all you could spend money on, if teamwork had no value, then you would have a point.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolisher VFF Rebels View Post
    Not exactly really, TAW would of had better IP bonuses from being top for so long surely for SAS to beat TAW that first war it took them more gold than than TAW spent. Now they are more efficient but they have 55+members in SAS1 than TAW have around 40ish big members. If TAW were lucky enough to find a group or merge with another T5 or T10 team I could see TAW on top again, sometime but who knows .

And as for the insane amounts you guys spend good luck to you enjoy it what ever way you want as its your money.

I was happy to see SAS defeat TAW for a change but now people want to see a retaliation and someone beat SAS that's just an opinion from someone no where near the big leagues looking in lol . Competition is always nice to see and variation .

For the moment SAS seem strong and on top to stay but maybe there will be a blip along the way who knows
    Nothing lasts forever, and SAS is well aware that TAW or some other team will want to defeat them sooner or later.

Post Count
    I don't see how strategy would play any part of beating TAW, other than the fact that SAS goes for streaks, which would probably mean lots of bonus points

Don't get me wrong, there are many different strategies to chase down streaks and wins, but I don't know how it would have anything to do with scoring one more rank on the leaderboard
    Last edited by Evan1000; 06-12-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    I guess a better way of putting it is that strategy and a cohesive team effort by SAS was able to defeat TAW, even though the TAW members spend more gold on the game in general. If IP was all you could spend money on, if teamwork had no value, then you would have a point.
    Do you really think anyone believes this?

Your "strategy" is tapping a device; your "teamwork" is having many tappers paying to tap.

Goodness gracious, man. A duck is a duck. Quack.