DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why SAS is #1

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Why SAS is #1

While I've only been posting for a short time, I've been around a while; I've seen powers rise, and I've seen powers fall. Cults of personality and the syndicates that formed around them have surged and ebbed. But through it all, SAS has been there.

Some look at the syndicates and say, 'always the bridesmaid, never the bride' while others laugh at their outrageous spending only to bring home the silver medal time after time. But I don't view it that way. I may be crediting them for more than they've planned for, but they remind me of the tortoise against the hare. Sure, the hare wins most times and no one's ever really surprised, but one day, the tortoise wins, and the rabbit quits. Forever. Fight Club is gone, and SAS is still here. I'd be willing to bet money that after TAW disbands, SAS will still be there, ready to overthrow the next giant.

Even if you still laugh at them, I have one last question for you to consider: Would Sherlock Holmes have lived up to his full potential without Moriarty, or Achilles without Hector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    You're not playing the game anymore, son. The game is playing you, and not only is it winning, it's kicking your ass.

Post Count
    In my opinion I don't like seeing sas at 1st place, reason 1 they always cried like broads when they got beat. Reason 2 Montecore always complained on the forum after every battle. Reason 3 50-3 is not a winning record. ��

Post Count
    But what do i know, i am just an active player never spending gold. ��

Post Count
    Sometimes the tortoise wins because it's the only thing still racing. When their is no goal, nothing to strive for why compete? Fight Club, by far, with out a " Worthy Adversary" dominated Crime City! We did exactly what we set out to do, Win! Now I will admit winning is addictive, but for me you still need a goal. I believe if their was a clear end to the war, like winning the entire city, Fight Club would still be together. Some saw earlier than others that the tunnel had no ending and moved on. SAS has won the Cal Rippken award and if that is a sign of their intestinal fortitude good for them. Fight Club swung for the fence and the ball only came down when it was too embarrassed fly any more.
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

CC 713 326 852

Post Count
    I lost all respect for SAS after that boot. They're #1 because of an over abundance of ip mods and bonus gold. That's pretty much it. Same went for TAW before they started going downhill.

I wasn't here for the reign of Fight Club, but I'm guessing they didn't have ip mods or bonus gold at the start, and to get first in the very first event and hold that streak for however many battles, whether it took strategy or a LOT of money, still deserved the rank of 1st.

Also, wow, all this just for a phone game. Lol
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    I lost all respect for SAS after that boot. They're #1 because of an over abundance of ip mods and bonus gold. That's pretty much it. Same went for TAW before they started going downhill.

I wasn't here for the reign of Fight Club, but I'm guessing they didn't have ip mods or bonus gold at the start, and to get first in the very first event and hold that streak for however many battles, whether it took strategy or a LOT of money, still deserved the rank of 1st.

Yup, quite right lol. But you know, when you've got enough money it really doesn't matter.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr BoneCrusher View Post
    Sometimes the tortoise wins because it's the only thing still racing. When their is no goal, nothing to strive for why compete? Fight Club, by far, with out a " Worthy Adversary" dominated Crime City! We did exactly what we set out to do, Win! Now I will admit winning is addictive, but for me you still need a goal. I believe if their was a clear end to the war, like winning the entire city, Fight Club would still be together. Some saw earlier than others that the tunnel had no ending and moved on. SAS has won the Cal Rippken award and if that is a sign of their intestinal fortitude good for them. Fight Club swung for the fence and the ball only came down when it was too embarrassed fly any more.
    Fight Club disbanded because SAS beat them two battles one war. The first two battles they ever lost. Their egos couldn't take the thought of fight club ever losing first, so they reformed and ultimately lost as taw. SAS also scared the **** out of them during civic center, where fc members were literally begging SAS to stop scoring.

SAS still has a goal. There is a war to be won. The problem is fc and taw thought they were winning wars. They only ever won battles.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post

Your single SA with sas3 hardly makes you an expert on SAS as a whole. You were booted because you were not going to make min and you weren't responding to an officer about it. For the record, I wanted to keep you on the team regardless but other officers felt strongly about it and I wasnt interested in fighting about it or pulling a dictator card.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Your single SA with sas3 hardly makes you an expert on SAS as a whole. You were booted because you were not going to make min and you weren't responding to an officer about it. For the record, I wanted to keep you on the team regardless but other officers felt strongly about it and I wasnt interested in fighting about it or pulling a dictator card.
    I know, I didn't say you didn't have every right to boot me, I said doing it an hour before war after everyone knowing I couldn't make mins the entire time I was there, and after already training to be a tracker, was mean *avoids use of other word*.

I didn't get a pm about being booted, I got a pm asking to leave the kakao room. I wasn't responding because, erm, I was in school and my phone was off because I didn't think I'd have to be looking last minute for a syndicate.

But thank you for letting me stay for however long. I didn't think I'd last that long in a T5.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Post Count
    Montecore if you think that SAS had anything to do with why Fight Club disbanded then you just have no clue what it means to be a true Champion and I think some of your old posts would confirm that. SAS won a couple of battles, and that most have felt great! And I'm sure you and everyone else in SAS thought they just climbed Mount Everest. Really though, did you? Or was it time for Fight Club to move on. They left on their terms, think about it, they decided long before you or any crew where a real challenge that when the win streak was over FC was forever the most impressive Champion and nothing else needed to be done.
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

CC 713 326 852

Post Count
    Want to know something funny? The movie Fight Club was a box office flop.

Isn't that crazy? That movie was awesome.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnson View Post
    Want to know something funny? The movie Fight Club was a box office flop.

Isn't that crazy? That movie was awesome.
    I have no skin in that argument, but, it made $100 million at the box office, and according to Wikipedia, "It was cited as one of the most controversial and talked-about films of 1999. The film later found critical and commercial success with its DVD release, which established Fight Club as a cult film."

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Guys, guys... who actually cares whether they left because they wanted to or because there was another team who was better at tapping a mobile screen?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr BoneCrusher View Post
    Montecore if you think that SAS had anything to do with why Fight Club disbanded then you just have no clue what it means to be a true Champion and I think some of your old posts would confirm that. SAS won a couple of battles, and that most have felt great! And I'm sure you and everyone else in SAS thought they just climbed Mount Everest. Really though, did you? Or was it time for Fight Club to move on. They left on their terms, think about it, they decided long before you or any crew where a real challenge that when the win streak was over FC was forever the most impressive Champion and nothing else needed to be done.
    And all the TAW members who quit/retired/joined a too 200 syndicate after SAS beat them did it on their terms too. Go search for the fight club break up letter that AMG wrote with tears streaming down his face. They knew SAS was going to best them at some point in the future. Their egos didn't want to see Fight Club in second, which is why they ended it and reformed with a new name.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Locke View Post
    While I've only been posting for a short time, I've been around a while; I've seen powers rise, and I've seen powers fall. Cults of personality and the syndicates that formed around them have surged and ebbed. But through it all, SAS has been there.

Some look at the syndicates and say, 'always the bridesmaid, never the bride' while others laugh at their outrageous spending only to bring home the silver medal time after time. But I don't view it that way. I may be crediting them for more than they've planned for, but they remind me of the tortoise against the hare. Sure, the hare wins most times and no one's ever really surprised, but one day, the tortoise wins, and the rabbit quits. Forever. Fight Club is gone, and SAS is still here. I'd be willing to bet money that after TAW disbands, SAS will still be there, ready to overthrow the next giant.

Even if you still laugh at them, I have one last question for you to consider: Would Sherlock Holmes have lived up to his full potential without Moriarty, or Achilles without Hector?
    Sherlock Holmes and Achilles are fictional characters LOL

#MS2-CaseWesternReserve #Peoplestillplaythisgamelol? #HeroSinbad #LogicIncBestHackerAlive

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.