Page 1 of 2 12 Last

No videos on iOS ever again?

It's been six months or so since iOS lost its videos for gems button. At the time we were told it was because the software needed updating.

In six months in the digital age entire operating systems have been written, debugged, released, and rendered obsolete. So you're gonna tell me you STILL HAVENT FIXED THIS?

I don't know if you've noticed this but video gems are the gateway for gem spending.... People collect video gems... Do a push or hit the chests and then want more so they BUY THEM. You're killing your own revenue and player base here....

Bring back the videos already! If you need help writing the code, there are middle school students learning basic programming that could have figured it out by now.

Please note all the sarcasm in this post is purely intentional.

Thanks, Rhaegal

I believe that that lame response of "We are working on it" is that just that lame. I also believe that they will never fix it since they truly do not care about players. Too many issues and too many excuses.

I think they got rid of it because people were abusing it in iOS due to the fact that people learned how to get free gems via TapJoy causing a loss in profit for GREE and as you know it, GREE = Wants Profit despite being a multi-million company which is something they should be ashamed of; GREE ≠ Wants Loss and Less Money.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

MY last t10 push was right around the time the videos stopped working......... connect the dots.

I can only collect enough free gems to open 1 chest a week (EB, Arena, rarely some from enchanted and silver chests). Before, I was able to to save enough to do the 11 chests at once at least once a month.

Please bring back the free videos!
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

Hey,

On the Android side there are some problems with the videos as well.
    The IOS problems are bigger obviously, no sarcasm!

On Android we have the videos available to us.
    But when videos are watched some of them simply wont give a reward, nothing to do with daily / monthly tax whatsoever.
    Mainly the Game of War and Castle Clash (both sponsored and work with Tapjoy) simply wont give any gems as rewards when u watch the videos.
    For me atleast. Smells like a corporate war?

Anyways, I really hope Gree looks into the IOS problems 6 months is insane.

Grtz,
    Sirlionhearth

Gree,

Please give us free gem button and videos. It's been a long time. Do the needful for players.

Most of my guildmates have simply stopped using gems, since the free button is gone. I can't blame them. It's upsetting to say the least to listen to my husband watch videos on droid and know I'm in the same game, but can't get the same free gems.

If you're not going to bring back the gems for IOS, at least give us a building that will give a limited daily gem reward .. 5 or 10 would be sufficient, and if it's set up like the gold collections, not easily exploitable.

If I were making decisions at Gree, I'd do away with the videos altogether and create a better system to control the gems. They wouldn't be totally free (you'd have to earn them) but they would be available if a player wanted to work for them. I would double the gem rewards in all milestones.

Here's the thing though...... Gree wouldn't get paid for that the same way they would get paid by video vendors, which is why the free gems were there in the first place.

The gems in-game are there to stimulate paying for more gems. They purposefully put a choke hold on gems so that you're forced to buy more if you want to maintain your current level of proficiency. That's the con. You only have limited options here. Quit the game, keep playing but understand you might not every again be as good as you used to be........... or buy gems.

Simply put this is not a free to play game. Gree will have "sales" on their gems as they wish. Good old "bait and switch."

(in my Forest Gump voice) That's all I have to say about that.

I don't think the free gems videos are ever coming back to iOS. They've been telling us they will have an update in 2 weeks for like 6 months now.
    Guild: World Dragons
    Line: wowo1522

Quote Originally Posted by Mike WDragon View Post
    I don't think the free gems videos are ever coming back to iOS. They've been telling us they will have an update in 2 weeks for like 6 months now.
    I think that was said in the OP Mike.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

In the last ADA (Ask Devs Anything) they said that it was not an issue on their end, but rather an issue with the 3rd party that facilitates the free gem videos.
    We are working with our 3rd party vendor to get the gem button working again. It's a very complex issue and is not fully under our control.
    Either way, given that it has been gone for this long without a fix indicates to me that it isn't a priority to fix.

It is likely that GREE has noticed no noticeable dropoff in spending on gems since the button has been gone. If this is the case, it isn't coming back.

Best to get used to to life without the free gems button. I have no problem being pleasantly surprised if it returns.
    Last edited by sturick; 06-05-2015 at 02:23 PM.

If that was true, then why does android still have their video gem button?

I agree with Rhaegal, why does Android still have the button? The complex issue is prolly TapJoy breaking up their partnership with GREE due to players who use it to exploit gems and stuff so it is the fault of us players not the company.

I have seen some post on other threads by forum monitors that say it has to do with Apple policies on giving stuff out for free for advertising games inside of games. If android doesn't have the policy then gree would be able to keep the button in game. So if its based on the operating system it would be out of gree's hands and they would be unable to fix it without apple allowing them.
    Main knight: VirusknightX
    IOS Code: XBC-FWX-FCG
    Level: 800+
    Guild Master: Knights of Terror