Ports have cool downs !!!

First gold was dropped in the bundles making the cost of ports double. Now they are worthless!! 12 hour cool down defeats the purpose of ports.

Agreed. They need to compensate for ports purchased!

Explain reasoning behind port cooldown

Could someone from GREE please explain to us why you implemented a cooldown on teleports?

Quote Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    Could someone from GREE please explain to us why you implemented a cooldown on teleports?
    It makes no sense... porting is perhaps the most fun element of the game and I (assumed) a revenue generator? Why have they changed it? There is no point in porting now as I'm just going to end up with my OP somewhere useless for 12 hours. I can't reload, I'll have comms stuck there etc.

Seems such a bizarre change and I've not noticed anyone talking about the porting mechanics on this forum being bad etc.

Hi there,

I'm meeting with the team today to inquire about this for you all. I'll follow-up with any answers I receive on the matter.

Also, I merged both threads about this into one so I can keep the topic consolidated and provide you all with one location to look for when wanting updates.

Thanks for your feedback!

Before you make those stupid decisions, can you run a survey?
    One suggestion, put your survey in the game as a start pop-up. Every active player can vote it, then you will know what is the spenders really like.

OK, here is an update for everyone, straight from the team:

Commanders,

We are excited to announce the following game balance update:
    * Based on your feedback, we've added a 2 hour cooldown on Outpost Teleporters during Player Wars and Alliance Wars Events to allow the defender to have an opportunity to counter-attack.
    * As part of the update, Outpost Teleporters will also be on sale for a limited time!

Also, to clarify, the cool down will only take place during Player and Alliance Wars.

Thanks for your dedication and passion for War of Nations!

I'm in favour of it but appreciate a few players not happy.

Just think of all the money you will save though!

This is just silly. In the past I have ported my space ship to other bases just to speed up loading it. Now I will have to leave it parked for 2 hours ? Yeah, No thanks. I will definitely use less ports. Heck I may not port at all. Is this really gree's intent ? It seems GREE claims that this is in response to player requests? I have seen nobody express a desire to slow down ports has anyone else ????
    DPWalterSobchak
    Dark Pirates
    World 15

I'm totally fine with a 2 hour cooldown.
    Gives me a chance to hit back.
    Sometimes people port around so fast I can't even see them to counter attack.

Do you really think that the units will be there sitting for 2 hours for you to hit back? In all likelihood after the ninja port on you, they will walk their units for 2 hours before porting out again.

If they cap you, you wont be able to port back. Made porting more risky and no one blind ports anymore.

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush

If you delve into old forum threads it was a requested thing to have a cool down.
    Now its active in only these BP types of events the cool down period can be adjusted to find the right balance for players on both sides of the coin.
    I am Neutral on this I can see the need for it and the fact its only in these types of events is a good balance but I am not sure what the right length of time for the cool down is, 2hrs isn't a long time, some of my attack times are far longer so it doesn't sound that bad. But I would not complain if it was less than that .

My min would be 30 minutes from last returned unit/attack that gives a players a chance to respond because during attacks it can be hard to do anything as the game can block you moving units until the attack finishes. And most likely all local units were destroyed by the attacker.

Honestly - I thought the cool down ruined my enjoyment. From a fast paced event it became pedestrian. Really not fun at all.

I needed to defensive port 45 mins after I offensively ported...

Also, in events like war you need to be active and scoring, not farming. I figured here was nothing else to do for 2 hours and so farmed all the local bases- got a few messages from upset players.

Wars were until now my favourite event, but if the cool downs are in place next time I may well bubble. As it is the game is losing interest...maybe another Fin retires and finds something more useful to spend his money on. Cheers Gree
    Last edited by ORION-W27; 06-08-2015 at 08:26 AM.