Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it after the outrage it caused. There's no issue with DFA being in chests - it levels the playing field yes but there's absolutely no need for such recent t10 armours to be in the chests. Person above nailed it when they said exclusivity drives t10.

I still get irritated when I see rev robes on noobs and that was from forever ago lol. Can't imagine how vexed ppl who pushed for golithic are. In fact it doesn't level the playing field much because dfa are horrendous to max - noobs have no hope, especially with fba being taken out of the chest.

Seriously Gree, listen to your players for once please.
    I can't speak for others, but "exclusivity" was never the basis for any T10 run for me. My luck with chests is pathetic so 99% of my good armors were gained by either 5K gem events or T10 runs. To me it is a way of gaining armor and nothing more. I would hate to think I spent all that money just to have something very few others have (for that matter, I shudder to think that I spent all that money for whatever reason).

As far as the chests are concerned, the people buying them are spending their money and taking chances. I couldn't care less if they get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    Valid points, Marco! Yeah, I think you may well be right with your take on the situation.

Anyhow, makes one think if it is wise to continue investing in the game, as we seem to get closer to the abyss by the week.
    I believe that this is the case. The game is getting long in the tooth and other games have come along that are less expensive to play, offer the same opportunities to those that spend less (spending only reduces the time to acquire items), no advantage to "alliances" so that no one can control the game play, allows you to choose when to war, and weaker players are not a disadvantage, as you select who participates.

I and the others in my KnD guild have migrated to such a game, yet a few of us continue to play KnD but we don't spend. The last to leave KnD will be those who can't walk away from their "investment" in time and money, so they will be the ones to turn out the light.

Anyhow, it's a shame K&D is ignorantly run down that way out of GREED.

Sustainable business models are obviously unheard of by the management of this company, or we as their customers are knowingly exploited to buy into a product that had a short expiry date from the beginning merely our of their greed.

Interesting move, @Fossil, I'd love to hear more about it. You mention some of the issues that are an absolute no-go for any player who has some self-esteem. I'm actually looking for a game where there's real competition and challenge, and the buy2win aspect not as absurd and stupid (just thinking of GM's wearing Fusion Boosts, stripping for each other and players being allowed to endlessly kill a single opponent) as here.
    Last edited by roookey1; 06-07-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Sustainable business models are obviously unheard of by the management of this company, or we as their customers are knowingly exploited to buy into a product that had a short expiry date from the beginning merely our of their greed.

Interesting move, @Fossil, I'd love to hear more about it. You mention some of the issues that are an absolute no-go for any player who has some self-esteem. I'm actually looking for a game where there's real competition and challenge, and the buy2win aspect not as absurd and stupid (just thinking of GM's wearing Fusion Boosts, stripping for each other and players being allowed to endlessly kill a single opponent) as here.
    Sent you a PM

The game he was mentioning was Clash of Clans, I can tell by the way he described it.
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Yup that would be correct. I started a clan in CoC and quite a few of my KnD buddies have joined me. Lately we focus more on CoC rather than KnD, for quite a few reasons.
    1) It is truly a game of skill and teamwork. You can't buy a win, and in fact the people that do spend money typically have rushed bases, don't know how to war with their base, and are far worse off than the average player.
    2) The management team doesn't **** all over u
    3) There is actually a good global/clan chat system, so Line isnt a must in order to communicate

Dont get me wrong, I love KnD and have a ton invested in it. As of lately, though, I have been spending my money on CoC and a lot less on KnD. If this game continues to "progress" the way it is now, I fear I may stop playing completely. After all, theres only so much a person can take before they turn away, no matter how much they have invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Regretz View Post
    Yup that would be correct. I started a clan in CoC and quite a few of my KnD buddies have joined me. Lately we focus more on CoC rather than KnD, for quite a few reasons.
    1) It is truly a game of skill and teamwork. You can't buy a win, and in fact the people that do spend money typically have rushed bases, don't know how to war with their base, and are far worse off than the average player.
    3) There is actually a good global/clan chat system, so Line isnt a must in order to communicate

Dont get me wrong, I love KnD and have a ton invested in it. As of lately, though, I have been spending my money on CoC and a lot less on KnD. If this game continues to "progress" the way it is now, I fear I may stop playing completely. After all, theres only so much a person can take before they turn away, no matter how much they have invested.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

I've agreed with you at least 3 times recently. What's going on?

The only conclusion I can bring is that Gree WANTS us to stop playing. I've thought this before and dismissed it as silly, but this does seem to be in line with their new business model of completely pissing off everyone who currently spends a reasonable amount in favour of pandering to new players. I'm not even being sarcastic. One of the forum mods said there were business decisions made that couldn't be discussed openly - perhaps this is one of them.

There is no logical reason otherwise. Gems cost Gree nothing, being that they are just pixels. I'm pretty sure that not many people would ever buy full price, and even if they did, they would buy a ton less than they would with a holiday pack. So Gree makes less money, gem buyers are angry. Nobody wins. I went into this war with just enough gems for the push and it has completely taken the fun out of the event for me. I like to be able to gem at will, not pick my battles for fear of running low. I feel like they are trying everything they can to loosen the existing dominating forces in the game - starting with screwing over Rainbow with the T3 reward system, changing the event routines (including the notorious blitz>raid event) and so on, to make new players feel top achievements are more within their capabilities. That's why they don't care about the top spenders and go out of their way to piss them off.

Yet still we play. You can't get rid of us that easily Gree
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

The people that spend money in coc are way stronger than the people who don't. I think you meant the people who rush their base which all you need to do is farm gold and keep upgrading that TH!
    Also you may not notice it now since you're probably a low TH but in TH8-TH10 you will get see the unfariness. Not alot but you will notice it. Gemmers also have an advantage in war since they always have their heroes available.

Ur wrong there Paranoid, first off im not a low TH im TH9. In my war clan I get paired up against many clans with rushed TH9 and I destroy them. The people that spend money arent stronger, because they bought their troops/base and therefore have less experience when it comes to attacking, I have seen this all too often. I have had many TH9s with strong bases fail miserably while attacking me. Their inexperience proved they gemmed everything, but it hurt them because they were mismatched against me, who took my time to upgrade my base/troops and practice all ny attack strategies. I do spend some money here and there on gems to speed up an upgrade or 2, but im in no way a rushed TH9. So yes, normally the people that spend a lot are worse off, but thats not the case all the time.

As for gemmers having an advantage in war due to having heroes, wtf are u talkin about? Wars are 24h long and u get 2 attacks. Heroes are down anywhere from half hour to 2 hours after they get knocked out (depending on hero lvl), so anyone that attacks without waiting for their heroes to regain hp are idiots and deserve to lose their attack. You have 24h, there is plenty of time to wait... (btw, im sort of a war veteran on there and have mastered many different 3-star attack strategies, while also designing my own anti-3 star bases). In the past 12 wars I have yet to be 3 starred, and rarely ever even 2 starred (against TH9). A solid 90% of my attacks against other TH9s are always 3 stars as well. So I know quite a bit about war
    Last edited by Regretz; 06-11-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Ur wrong there Paranoid, first off im a low TH im TH9. In my war clan I get paired up against many clans with rushed TH9 and I destroy them. The people that spend money arent stronger, because they bought their troops/base and therefore have less experience when it comes to attacking, I have seen this all too often. I have had many TH9s with strong bases fail miserably while attacking me. Their inexperience proved they gemmed everything, but it hurt them because they were mismatched against me, who took my time to upgrade my base/troops and practice all ny attack strategies. I do spend some money here and there on gems to speed up an upgrade or 2, but im in no way a rushed TH9. So yes, normally the people that spend a lot are worse off, but thats not the case all the time.

As for gemmers having an advantage in war due to having heroes, wtf are u talkin about? Wars are 24h long and u get 2 attacks. Heroes are down anywhere from half hour to 2 hours after they get knocked out (depending on hero lvl), so anyone that attacks without waiting for their heroes to regain hp are idiots and deserve to lose their attack. You have 24h, there is plenty of time to wait... (btw, im sort of a war veteran on there and have mastered many different 3-star attack strategies, while also designing my own anti-3 star bases). In the past 12 wars I have yet to be 3 starred, and rarely ever even 2 starred (against TH9). A solid 90% of my attacks against other TH9s are always 3 stars as well. So I know quite a bit about war
    Heroes take 2-7 days to upgrade so thats when gemmers have an advantage. They gem while you're handicap. Gemmers aren't less experience, they are the ones in master and champion league. They are less experience with some attacks but they usually just use the same OP attack like GoWiPe or Lavaloonion. And when thats all they use, its easy to get a 3 star.

I see ur point there, I also usw gems to speed up my heroes levels. However, GoWiPe is only a 3 star strategy at TH8. If you use GoWiPe at TH9 against a semi-decent base you will be lucky to get 2 stars. Lavaloonian is OP, but does require practice and skill to perfect (I would know, when I first tried it I failed miserably, my pathing was so off). My go-to strategy is GoHoWiWi, as its fun to use and can 3 star most bases when used correctly.

However, knowing how to attack a base for maximum results based on the design is one thing that cannot be bought. For instance, im in a war right now (prep day). I have studied the enemy #1 base and know that my best option to 3 star him is a GoLava attack. Every base has its strenghts and weaknesses, knowing how to determine those are what make a truly great player. Lavaloonian is a strong strategy, and many have tried using it on my base but it always ends the same... 1 star. GoWiPe has been used on me a myriad of times, and theyre lucky to get 1 star. This is because I know how to build a strong base, and know that unexperienced players will attempt those strats on me.

Anyway, to the whole point of this post, wins cannot be bought in CoC. Gemming helps, but if you're unexperienced you might as well be throwing your money down the toilet. It all come down to strategy and careful planning, and also knowing how pathing works (EXTREMELY important, I cannot stress this enough). Gemming heroes helps, but hey dont war if your heroes are being upgraded, chances are you will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SBBL Indigo View Post
    The only conclusion I can bring is that Gree WANTS us to stop playing.
    I've been saying this for months. Forum staff keeps telling us this isn't what Gree wants and the game isn't winding down.

Actions speak louder than words. Either this game is winding down or Gree is attempting to change it's target audience. Gree staff continues to advocate that everything is planned in advance even though its rather transparent that this statement isn't true. We're not morons (well some of us aren't). You can't expect us to take it on face value that Gree planned weeks in advance to give a Spirit/Air t25/t50 prize for a Fire Raid. That's just stupid on every level and it's sad Gree would think we'd believe this was planned. If it was planned that way then it was incompetent. How many times has that happened in 2015? Planned? Really?

Gree planned to piss off all the Avian Aegis holders by sticking it in a chest? Then bring out a brand new air DF the next week? Planned? Then do the exact same thing the following week with the Golothic Stonemail raid armor, only to bring out another Earth element DF this week in a chest event? Planned? You either planned to anger all those raid armor holders or the people who decide what goes where, doesn't play the game therefore they just put whatever armor wherever they want to put it...... chests t25/t50, whatever. Whether Gree is purposefully trying to anger players so they leave or they're incompetent doesn't change the reality that people are unhappy and some are actually leaving. I've cut back a lot....... haven't gone t10 since DF came out. Videos are still not fixed on iOS and now Gree has decided to get stingy with the only thing that keeps people buying gems....... the "Holiday Pack." Either Gree is satisfied with gem sales as they are, or again, they're incompetent. Perhaps the complainers on these forums and Facebook are but a small fraction of the total players of K&D........... I'm rather confident Gree will continue to test that.

In the meantime lets see how long it takes for Gree to make good on the various things they've said they'd do...... like fixing the videos on iOS, increasing the raid milestone levels, revamping leveling prizes, ect., ect.

Then there are the things Gree has not said they would address but people still complain about........ 3 day wars that start on Saturday, the lack of FBA to level up DFA, not being able to kick players from a guild during events, overcoming the code that doesn't allow for higher limits on stored armors, etc., etc.

Even as I ramble on about these obvious failures my heart tells me Gree is going to pull the plug on this game. They're turning it into a mess and the recent decisions indicate this is some kind of exit strategy. Much of this could be fixed by just listening to what people are saying. It doesn't appear they are........ and if they are listening, Gree isn't going to act on it because it's not within company interests. So if satisfying the customers is not in the interest of a business then what is? WHAT WE'VE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS NOW....... MONEY!

/end rant
    Last edited by Lord P; 06-12-2015 at 09:54 AM.

I'm sorry you don't like the rewards for events, because I like them.
    I'm sorry you can't watch videos on iOS, because I can on android.
    I'm sorry you don't like chance chest rewards, because I like them (though I have yet to get any).
    I'm sorry you don't like the war start times, because I am fine with them.
    I'm sorry that there is no gem sales constantly, because I don't need them.
    I'm sorry that you believe the game will end soon, because I don't believe it will.

So the game is perfect as is, though I need to get better armor. I am a satisfied player.

Quote Originally Posted by beartrap View Post
    I'm sorry you don't like the rewards for events, because I like them.
    I'm sorry you can't watch videos on iOS, because I can on android.
    I'm sorry you don't like chance chest rewards, because I like them (though I have yet to get any).
    I'm sorry you don't like the war start times, because I am fine with them.
    I'm sorry that there is no gem sales constantly, because I don't need them.
    I'm sorry that you believe the game will end soon, because I don't believe it will.

So the game is perfect as is, though I need to get better armor. I am a satisfied player.
    The irony...... when I started playing this game in September I was satisfied also........ then as time went by my eyes were opened. No one came to this game because they hated it.