Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Lightbulb War of Nations Feedback (6/2/15)

Hello War of Nations Community!

This thread is for you to post your valuable feedback on War of Nations. Every other Tuesday we will sticky a new feedback thread so you can conveniently post your opinions on the game. This thread will not only give you an easily accessible place to share your thoughts with us, but it will also consolidate your feedback making it more efficient for Community staff to gather and report to the Development Team.

The intention of the thread is to collect the ongoing thoughts from our customers, it is not meant for discussion.

When providing feedback, please keep it constructive, on-topic, non-inflammatory, and break it down into the following categories:

In-Game Events
    Customer Support
    Community Support
    Game Stability & Issues

Please note that this thread is not a substitution for reporting bugs and issues to Customer Support.

Thank you,

The GREE Community Team

Due to the community stating they disliked weekly feedback threads, we have changed the schedule to every two weeks.

Coms seem to be given away way too easy nowadays and although this is great for some, levelling them is a constant issue. We need easier way to level coms.

Could we bring back Superheated Distillation and Catalytic Converters into the build ltm missions? They have been extinct for some months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerean View Post
    Could we bring back Superheated Distillation and Catalytic Converters into the build ltm missions? They have been extinct for some months now.
    They want you to coin it.

BTW what is with the new traning coins that were in the store?

I got a iPhone 6, and I cannot copy/paste in game textbox. The in-game copy/paste works fine in my old iPhone 4s and iPad.
    Anyone have the same issue?

If that is the case, then remove all items from build ltms and we can all coin it. Think before you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by W27 View Post
    They want you to coin it.

BTW what is with the new traning coins that were in the store?

One more suggestion. When we post the scout report to alliances chat, can we also show the scout building name and level?

This is going to be an interesting holdout, running it just after a war really puts it in the hands of players with supers as they have the space and production to produce large numbers of units they may have just lost.
    for me it will take a week to rebuild what I just lost. I am not righting the event off but it will be interesting to see if players have units to fight with....tactics tactics tactics this event for me will be about trying not to lose any more units in a lost cause. Making sure we get points but not over defending strongholds we are holding.

It would be nice if the radar was partly fixed to show commanders level.......so we can pick our fights and not waste units....

I have been thinking about the holdout event and its reward system.
    It might be good if the alliance BP gained during the event gave a reward as some teams are blocked from winning good prizes by sister alliances helping other teams hold there base or booting other teams to let them back in.
    So a BP reward system would in some way reward the effort the team made to hold the stronghold or get in one, even if the event results don't give them there just reward. This in a way an effort reward, for teams that fail to even get in a stronghold during the event.
    The reward could have set drop limits for rewards like build events or a second ranking system based on BP gained in the event.
    Gree run the numbers see if it could be done. And what the results may be. The numbers can be run with or without the defenders 50% reduction in BP gained to see what effect it has in rankings for the event.

I would add these could be alliance rewards, things that effect alliance boosts as its a team event. Not new boosts but resources that can be spent by alliance officers on current alliance boosts. Or auto unlocks for boosts.

You decided to implement a 2h cooldown period on ports from a balancing pov, which I can understand to a certain point. You state that the main goal of this change is to give players a change to hit back, which I can also understand.. BUT…

The 2h cooldown period causes some (unintended??) defensive problems.

In the recent War event we experienced a couple of times situations where some of our members got caught in the 2h cooldown period. At one point several people ported on one of our bigger players all at one time, and due to the Cooldown the attacked player and non of the people online at the time where able to defend.

In a situation like that we would usually have 1 or more players port in to defend against the attacks, which in my eyes are one of the more fun part of the game.

The ports on the player where done on while this player was also on cooldown on the bubble (due to having used it overnight).

Since the player was unable to port to defend, unable to bubble and non of the team members online where able to defend as well the result was that the player was just a sitting duck, and was wipped for more than 400m UV.

As a top team taking part in most Global Domination Events we have players with more than 1 billion UV and I think it’s an extremely bad side effect of the “balancing” that you have removed our oppertinity to defend ourselves. One could ofc. argue that you can just stop porting offensively to save a port for potential defence, but that’s kind of silly since it is a BP / War event.

For these reasons I would like you to consider some of the following adjustments to the “balancing”:

A. Remove the 2h Cooldown and replace it a limitation on number of times you can port in an event. If you for example are limited to only 5-10 ports pre war-event we as players will have a better chance to defend ourselves and our teammates.

B. Make an exception to the 2h cooldown when you port to locations 5-10 hex from own bases or Teammates bases. Example: Player X HQ is under heavy attack. Player Y can port to defend if the spot is with in 10hex from the teammates HQ despite having ported to other locations within the last 2 hours.

C. Remove the 12h cooldown on 12h shields in war events. This could also be replaces with a limitation – say for example: “you are limited to use 4 12h shields per war event but the shield has no cooldown”

Other suggestions:

This has nothing to do with the balancing / port problem – but we already have cooldown on shields. It would be nice with some kind of “counter” showing us when port cooldown / shield cooldown runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by R4nd0m View Post
    You decided to implement a 2h cooldown period on ports from a balancing pov, which I can understand to a certain point. You state that the main goal of this change is to give players a change to hit back, which I can also understand.. BUT…

The 2h cooldown period causes some (unintended??) defensive problems.

In the recent War event we experienced a couple of times situations where some of our members got caught in the 2h cooldown period. At one point several people ported on one of our bigger players all at one time, and due to the Cooldown the attacked player and non of the people online at the time where able to defend.

In a situation like that we would usually have 1 or more players port in to defend against the attacks, which in my eyes are one of the more fun part of the game.

The ports on the player where done on while this player was also on cooldown on the bubble (due to having used it overnight).

Since the player was unable to port to defend, unable to bubble and non of the team members online where able to defend as well the result was that the player was just a sitting duck, and was wipped for more than 400m UV.

As a top team taking part in most Global Domination Events we have players with more than 1 billion UV and I think it’s an extremely bad side effect of the “balancing” that you have removed our oppertinity to defend ourselves. One could ofc. argue that you can just stop porting offensively to save a port for potential defence, but that’s kind of silly since it is a BP / War event.

For these reasons I would like you to consider some of the following adjustments to the “balancing”:

A. Remove the 2h Cooldown and replace it a limitation on number of times you can port in an event. If you for example are limited to only 5-10 ports pre war-event we as players will have a better chance to defend ourselves and our teammates.

B. Make an exception to the 2h cooldown when you port to locations 5-10 hex from own bases or Teammates bases. Example: Player X HQ is under heavy attack. Player Y can port to defend if the spot is with in 10hex from the teammates HQ despite having ported to other locations within the last 2 hours.

C. Remove the 12h cooldown on 12h shields in war events. This could also be replaces with a limitation – say for example: “you are limited to use 4 12h shields per war event but the shield has no cooldown”

Other suggestions:

This has nothing to do with the balancing / port problem – but we already have cooldown on shields. It would be nice with some kind of “counter” showing us when port cooldown / shield cooldown runs out.
    I'm not a fan of the port cooldown but to me that just sounds like the guy who lost 400m UV was an incident waiting to happen (especially as I assume all that UV was in one place).

Sounds like it might have a positive effect of balancing your world.

Something that would be nice is a quicker way to set builds. For example an option to set matching builds for a base of say 5 factories with 1000 arts each factory with an option to set the gap between them landing. I.e. 30 seconds or 1 minute.

Due to the uncertainty and brokeness of experimentals, can we have a "Confirmed 1 level upgrade" in the store using gold so as to end all this frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad4it View Post
    Something that would be nice is a quicker way to set builds. For example an option to set matching builds for a base of say 5 factories with 1000 arts each factory with an option to set the gap between them landing. I.e. 30 seconds or 1 minute.
    +1 its been requested but its good to remind them

Quote Originally Posted by Kerean View Post
    Due to the uncertainty and brokeness of experimentals, can we have a "Confirmed 1 level upgrade" in the store using gold so as to end all this frustration?
    +1 this has been a topic of a lot of threads but that sounds like a good solution even free players can do it over time if they don't set them to expensive. I would even be happy with a cool down on them so they cannot be used very often so gold players don't instant buy them to max. Or better still add them to the 30 day reward as the 30th day reward. a single guaranteed upgrade every month.