Is War Dying? Part 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is War Dying? Part 2

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Is War Dying? Part 2

I'm a little disappointed with build up(hype) of new War features. Obviously it's not active imo, Battle for Empire City is supposed to be the marquee Event. At this point a lot of Participation is due more of obligations to your syndicate. Within an hour every Top 50 is scouted, so you click and tap for 3 now 4 days. Defense Stats have been a joke for 6 months now. There probably a lot smarter people who articulate these issues better then I, but please bring War back to being the focal of the calendar instead of the event before Epic boss.

Post Count
    It would help if they didn't completely eclipse the war prizes by letting people farm an unlimited amount of prizes from other events. Considering people got to buy 1-9 million attack items for 30 gold apice in a box event about a month ago, why would they throw up vaults of gold on something like this? As a ratio of gold/prizes, wars just aren't all that important. It's a pissing match to get your name on the winner's list, but that only affects about three teams at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor JakeCullen's Avatar
    Post Count
    This war, when I attacked and win, I can see results that include stats, cash (if any) and the "mysterious" bag...a brown loot bag with a question mark on it...please excuse me gree, but damn it! Do you want me to have to memorize my items to see what was added? Is transparency not in your pool of practice? 本当に 悪い な GREE!!!!!!! ><
    Face it, I'm hotter and colder than you. :-)

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeCullen View Post
    This war, when I attacked and win, I can see results that include stats, cash (if any) and the "mysterious" bag...a brown loot bag with a question mark on it...please excuse me gree, but damn it! Do you want me to have to memorize my items to see what was added? Is transparency not in your pool of practice? 本当に 悪い な GREE!!!!!!! ><
    Any loot items you get from PvP are unlikely to get anywhere near your mob, so don't lose any sleep. Bricks and Uzis are the only useful drops now.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    But if I get a pimp lowrider and miss it because gree shows me a brown bag, I'm gonna be pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I'm happy streaks/wins have mods again at least...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    I'm happy streaks/wins have mods again at least...
    Yeah. And they finally made the rewards right, streaks have the good mod (because they're a whole lot harder) and wins have the 3% mod. It's also easier to get steaks because you only need 55 wins in 4 days when it used to be 3, so more people will want to chase after them.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    It would help if they didn't completely eclipse the war prizes by letting people farm an unlimited amount of prizes from other events. Considering people got to buy 1-9 million attack items for 30 gold apice in a box event about a month ago, why would they throw up vaults of gold on something like this? As a ratio of gold/prizes, wars just aren't all that important. It's a pissing match to get your name on the winner's list, but that only affects about three teams at most.
    Farming is not the issue. You like to harp on it. All the other events weapons and mods led to building up for war. War has always been about ego/leaderboard rank

Weapons stats from war get lost in this stat inflation. They also don't need to be great, just like in pvp tourneys, about rank not weapons.

The mods used to be worth gold use. However gree wants to curb "mod inflation" for attack/def stats which don't mean a lot to most players. They refuse to release decent mods I would guess because it reduces gold spend.

It used to be the big event for players and gree. Don't know what players prefer now but gree prefers SA for better gold spend

Does anyone still play this game?

Post Count
    I've kind of seen wars from all points of view. In a T400, in a T20, an officer in a T30, and right now in a streak syn. Wars used to be the perfect end to the cycle. You got a ton of mods that would get you pumped and ready for the next cycle.

That's if you're in a T150, though. GREE doesn't make it hidden that they could care less for anyone ranking out of that range. (But frankly, T150 isn't that hard. Any active player shouldn't have any trouble making at least 35k in battle).

I remember the short wars. They were perfect. 1 day to brawl out and you're done. Dump the same amount of gold as you would in a 3 day and you're ranking higher than ever before! Too bad they removed them.

But they completely killed it with the complete depletion of mods, which were the whole point of war, an over extension of time which makes wars boring and gold demanding, and duplicate prizes, which were just plain stupid.

They also don't give streak syns the prizes they deserve. There wasn't even a mod last war. The discipline and control you need to have in a syn and the sacrifice of lots of points (I have never scored lower in a war than I am now) in order to streak right isn't worth the 8% mod we're fighting for.

So I'm glad to see the old prize structure back.. just fix it for people outside the T150. And for crying out loud give some ip mods to everyone else. The T3 are untouchable.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan1000 View Post
    Yeah. And they finally made the rewards right, streaks have the good mod (because they're a whole lot harder) and wins have the 3% mod. It's also easier to get steaks because you only need 55 wins in 4 days when it used to be 3, so more people will want to chase after them.
    I like steaks.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by !Radar View Post
    I like steaks.
    Steak is the greatest. Blue rare filet mignon is just amazing, alongside a nice cold Boston Lager. Too bad you can't order blue rare in most restaurants and the drinking age is 21..

Also, blame my phone swype for the spelling errors

Banned
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I've kind of seen wars from all points of view. In a T400, in a T20, an officer in a T30, and right now in a streak syn. Wars used to be the perfect end to the cycle. You got a ton of mods that would get you pumped and ready for the next cycle.

That's if you're in a T150, though. GREE doesn't make it hidden that they could care less for anyone ranking out of that range. (But frankly, T150 isn't that hard. Any active player shouldn't have any trouble making at least 35k in battle).

I remember the short wars. They were perfect. 1 day to brawl out and you're done. Dump the same amount of gold as you would in a 3 day and you're ranking higher than ever before! Too bad they removed them.

But they completely killed it with the complete depletion of mods, which were the whole point of war, an over extension of time which makes wars boring and gold demanding, and duplicate prizes, which were just plain stupid.

They also don't give streak syns the prizes they deserve. There wasn't even a mod last war. The discipline and control you need to have in a syn and the sacrifice of lots of points (I have never scored lower in a war than I am now) in order to streak right isn't worth the 8% mod we're fighting for.

So I'm glad to see the old prize structure back.. just fix it for people outside the T150. And for crying out loud give some ip mods to everyone else. The T3 are untouchable.
    You have also viewed things from the top4 prospective I believe? What was that like? I'm curious just because the highest rank team I have viewed things from was the top20 prospective, and that's only because I had one of my friends cover me there.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    you didn't last very long is sas3. what happened?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
    You have also viewed things from the top4 prospective I believe? What was that like? I'm curious just because the highest rank team I have viewed things from was the top20 prospective, and that's only because I had one of my friends cover me there.
    I didn't spent a war in a T4, I spent 2 SA's in one, and no one covered me there

Quote Originally Posted by quityourwhining View Post
    you didn't last very long is sas3. what happened?
    Long story short, because I don't want to bad mouth a syn on the forum, regardless of what they did, they booted me an hour before war. Oh well, I'm in SOC for now.