Why are misses and critical hits in the game?

It really makes no sense to me whatsoever for misses/crits to be in the game. By crits, I don't mean the actual special attacks that have a special effect and are slowed down, I mean the hit that's in red (the random one).

Having them in the game isn't going to make me spend more gems. If I go on a top run during a war, we get strips anyways and I never lose during those (unless maybe I miss four times in a row, but that hasn't happened yet). If I don't, why am I going to spend gems when I lost due to misses? I'd rather spend gems knowing I can defeat the person I want rather than knowing I'll only defeat them if I don't miss or don't get crit. If I go on a top run during a raid, I get 50 or 60 gems from milestones so that'll cover any points I might've lost from misses. I don't spend gems on the arena, but I'm sure people would be more likely to try to get a high rank in the arena with misses out of the picture. It's more fair as well.

Idk, maybe it affects low level players a lot more than it does me but it still doesn't seem like a good tactic for keeping players. I just get pissed at the game every time I lose a fight and it doesn't motivate me to want to fight more.

I don't know if misses affect anything else, but I would like to know what the point of them is. Someone please explain.
    no

Well this game is labeled, in the app store, as a "strategy" game. I think misses and crits are Gree's feeble attempt at adding some strategy to this game, as I see nothing that actually takes strategy lmao. I agree with you completely though, especially as it seems you miss a lot more during war times...

For war, I dont think it really make a big difference with misses and critical hit. But in Arena, you can actually win a stronger opponent if you time your Critical Hit properly.

For Raid, Critical Hit is also important as it is as high as 300% for a critical hit. And also for players going for Indy....Power Attack becomes essential.....lol
    IGN: Spmort
    The Untouchables

it all boils down to game psychology. If every time you performed the same task it created same results, you will get bored with the game. Random events generate random results and these random results cause you to become more engaged in the game. It makes you pay closer attention to each battle because you don't really know what to expect.

So to answer your question, these random events cause you to get "hooked" and yeah that makes you buy more gems because you would otherwise be playing a different game.

I fully agree with watermelon. It's basically a 'feature' that prevents people from getting completely bored and ultimately, to spend more.

And pissing off their customers was never an issue for Gree, as most of their big spenders have to be diagnosable masochists, so the more stupid, offensive and rip-off it gets, the more they spend.

Quote Originally Posted by roookey1 View Post
    I fully agree with watermelon. It's basically a 'feature' that prevents people from getting completely bored and ultimately, to spend more.

And pissing off their customers was never an issue for Gree, as most of their big spenders have to be diagnosable masochists, so the more stupid, offensive and rip-off it gets, the more they spend.
    You know what, I think you might actually have a point there lol.

I struggle to understand why I keep playing/spending on it sometimes. I find war, arena and the community fun. I don't play any of the other content (epic boss - rewards suck, heroic - don't have time, epic boss collection - can't craft).

But for the most part it seems like a game of how far they can push us before we finally snap and quit.

"Hey guys, what can we do to annoy them this week? I know, let's reduce heroic mode to such a short period of time that people don't bother to even attempt it!"

"Or wait, how about we put a recent war DFA in a chest? That'll drive them crazy!"

"Maybe we should ignore all the glitches people complain about - losing war energy, hitting random commanders when farming GM etc, and redesign 2 star armours and the green stars on epics instead? Cos ya know, everyone finds those so offensive"

"Oh guys I got a good one! Let's do 2 day weekend wars that everyone gets used to and enjoys, and then change it back to 3 days and just to rub it in, make it start on a Saturday instead of a Friday! No, there isn't any logic here but hey, it'll be fun right?"

I could go on and on but I won't
    Indi RE
    Rainbow Europe GM
    Global - Rainbow Clay/Rainbow Rug - Retired

I have over 100 wins and 2 losses so far this war...... one on a miss and the other on a critical hit. As has already been expressed, if people have perfect scores all the time and never lose, they might get bored. This is basically Gree's attempt at keeping people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Chai View Post
    For war, I dont think it really make a big difference with misses and critical hit. But in Arena, you can actually win a stronger opponent if you time your Critical Hit properly.
    It does when one miss or received crit prevents you from taking down a guarding sentinel (for me anyway). I can't count the number of times a miss or received crit has forced me to waste another energy point to take them down.

For Raid, Critical Hit is also important as it is as high as 300% for a critical hit. And also for players going for Indy....Power Attack becomes essential.....lol
    Crits only do 150% in Raid. I've watched enough battles to see the difference in a critical hit vs a special attack.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

That's not what I meant by critical hit. There's two different things: critical hit and special attack. Special attack is the one with the bar in the bottom right that you have to do manually (this is what you are talking about). Critical hit is the one that randomly happens from time to time.

They can keep special attacks in. It's critical hits and misses that I'm frustrated about.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    That's not what I meant by critical hit. There's two different things: critical hit and special attack. Special attack is the one with the bar in the bottom right that you have to do manually (this is what you are talking about). Critical hit is the one that randomly happens from time to time.

They can keep special attacks in. It's critical hits and misses that I'm frustrated about.
    I see now. My bad....
    IGN: Spmort
    The Untouchables

Misses are the worst.... just remove the coding that allows this happen.

nuff said