It really makes no sense to me whatsoever for misses/crits to be in the game. By crits, I don't mean the actual special attacks that have a special effect and are slowed down, I mean the hit that's in red (the random one).

Having them in the game isn't going to make me spend more gems. If I go on a top run during a war, we get strips anyways and I never lose during those (unless maybe I miss four times in a row, but that hasn't happened yet). If I don't, why am I going to spend gems when I lost due to misses? I'd rather spend gems knowing I can defeat the person I want rather than knowing I'll only defeat them if I don't miss or don't get crit. If I go on a top run during a raid, I get 50 or 60 gems from milestones so that'll cover any points I might've lost from misses. I don't spend gems on the arena, but I'm sure people would be more likely to try to get a high rank in the arena with misses out of the picture. It's more fair as well.

Idk, maybe it affects low level players a lot more than it does me but it still doesn't seem like a good tactic for keeping players. I just get pissed at the game every time I lose a fight and it doesn't motivate me to want to fight more.

I don't know if misses affect anything else, but I would like to know what the point of them is. Someone please explain.