DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL Prestige Faction 12/15: Gulf of Bothnia

Hybrid View

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

FL Prestige Faction 12/15: Gulf of Bothnia

Help from moderator needed - assuming as usual no CS on work during weekends!!!

Just did a battle where our faction did more than enough deploys to clear FL prestige faction 12/15 but none from our faction got the goal cleared. Would be nice to have this issue resolved before event finish.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah well we completed 15/15 and didn't get our reward tickets already sent and no reply or not believing we finished it and we have screenshot to prove it. We just want our unit we earned!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Help from moderator needed - assuming as usual no CS on work during weekends!!!

Just did a battle where our faction did more than enough deploys to clear FL prestige faction 12/15 but none from our faction got the goal cleared. Would be nice to have this issue resolved before event finish.

Thanks in advance!
    My apologies for the frustration, this is an issue that the team is fully aware of and is being investigated.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    My apologies for the frustration, this is an issue that the team is fully aware of and is being investigated.
    Has it gotten old yet, typing that same reply as often as you have to?
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Has it gotten old yet, typing that same reply as often as you have to?
    They don't have to re-type. GREE is well known for the cut and paste answers their CS uses all of the time.

I doubt the will fix it before next FL. GREE developers are only re-active to problems. I do not think they know how to be pro-active in minimizing or eliminating such problems in future Events.

Banned
    Post Count
    The issue is tied to concurrency; it happens during peak times when a lot of data is being sent to the game server causing it to overload and not receive a small fraction of the data. It is a complex issue but it is being actively worked on.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The issue is tied to concurrency; it happens during peak times when a lot of data is being sent to the game server causing it to overload and not receive a small fraction of the data. It is a complex issue but it is being actively worked on.
    My problem with this is that another Frontline is upon us and this hasn't been fixed!

Just scored 220m points but 12/15 is not registering. Not only has this screwed up our battle plan (again), but it has also meant we've wasted a shed load of gold on this event. (A cynic might suggest this was deliberate and given the frequency of this blunders it is hard to argue - and hard to convince our members that have been leaving the game not to do so.)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I know you don't have to reply but I'm just curious when you say that this is a concurrency issue in the server. I was under the belief that your server side is hosted on AWS and the database layer is SQL Server (based on open job ads).

If so are you saying that the AWS side is being overloaded, the server can't open enough threads against the DB or that the DB is killing processes due to deadlocking? I'm just a little confused by the wording "concurrency" and "overload"

Post Count
    Perhaps look at what is going on at those times in terms of server saturation. Not nessessarily that complex if you can track bandwidth usage based on ip connects.... I might even be able to give you a good starting point.

Also consider adding a multiple select mode eg set number of unit deploys instead of tapping which would remove the advantage of script kiddies saturating the server and network which is likely the cause of this 'problem'. Unless of course this is taking place on the server itself in which case I guess it will be a rather touchy fix and even more complicated to acknowledge.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    This is the third time in the last four frontline events that one of our goals has not counted. One time we were able to overcome gree's screwup. Two of the other times, including this last event, we missed out on 15/15. We got five gunners as an I'm sorry. Certainly we can all agree that something better needs to happen with this.
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

What is the outcome when it happens?

As I state in this thread we also was cheated.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...same-old-error

we didnt get past 5/15 first time and again 12/15 too. This makes it much more difficult to do our goals. Can we please get some better responses from CS than they can see we did the goals. Well go figure since you answer a ticket after the event is gone we of course did the 5/15 and 12/15 do you think we just stop after hitting your wall?

We expect to be compensated not made a joke off.

Please give ticket #2444060 a look over.

On a side note consider not using standardized answers
    Danish Brigade Now looking for active players. Send me a PM if you want to know more

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

The investigation is taking longer than deflate gate! lmao

Post Count
    Will it get fixed by the next FL which is this coming weekend again?

My Magic 8 Ball says 'no.'

Post Count
    IOW, do not complete major goals during peak times or you're you-know-what.

Banned
    Post Count
    A reply is only 2 days late. And if you know there is a problem on your end STOP running events that are broken. Now that was easy to figure out. And yes gree still sucks