New Boost Building info please! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Boost Building info please!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kguittar View Post
    this thread had potential to be useful, then I saw DEWIN NUTTIN post and knew it was a waste of time. please start doing nothing instead of lighting the "gree sucks, quit spending money" fire.
    The OP created the thread to ask what the new boost buildings did. The thread was over when the OP questions were answered in post3, then confirmed in post4.

I have added a new question, now that the OP had his questions answered. My question is simply to ask what is the point of purchasing said buildings, and how do those buildings add anything new or "exciting" to the game? It appears further discussion has been created from that point forward...but no real answers.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kmg108 View Post
    Have you ever watched that show called Intervention? It's a show where people make very poor life decisions and their friends, family and other concerned parties try to talk some sense into them. The target typically respond with feelings of anger and denial...kind of like what you're doing.

It's an interesting show. You should probably check it out.
    Same old.

Let me ask you, if I told you I spend more on golf than MW, am I doubly-deluded?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Don't bother trying to explain it to them. Eventually one day they will figure it out on their own and slap themselves silly wondering why they didn't listen to everyone on just how ignorant they are to the fact this game is a dead end money pit. They will regret it one day. Just not now. Maybe when it becomes "the top 25 players in the game will buy anything". Just let them have their new pixel present and leave them in peace.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by robmurphy View Post
    Same old.

Let me ask you, if I told you I spend more on golf than MW, am I doubly-deluded?
    I guess that depends. Are you paying country club prices to play a round on a poorly maintained public course? I would venture to say that you aren't. Would you be satisfied if the course you play the most had very poor maintenance and the only occasional challenge they add was to move the pin six inches to the left from where it was every other time you played there? I venture to say the answer is no. Would it be more satisfying to just buy a hole-in-one, or eagle, if available for purchase? If you could, you probably wouldn't enjoy the game very much anymore.

All I'm saying is that the game is better suited to have the grass properly maintained, provide an attentive staff, charge reasonable greens fees and occasionally put the pin at the back of the green instead of the six inches to the side. Players tend enjoy a course that keeps them challenged and motivated...and they are willing to pay accordingly.

Post Count
    here's an idea gree have some building for money instead of gold or fix the videos for android free gold for us poor folks who can't afford to buy gold. i have invested enough real money and tapjoy's site ripped me off of 250 gold.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Let them spend if they want.

Let them feel superior if they want.

I will just point and laugh.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Let them spend if they want.

Let them feel superior if they want.

I will just point and laugh.
    I think that's the point I'm trying to make. Let me spend my own money on what I want.

The poster who answered my golf question wrote articulately and fairly. Unfortunately the point, which I am clearly hopeless at explaining is, I love MW

I love spending my money on it. I love it's quirks and rough edges. It's part of the fun for me.

And that's the ONLY important thing to me. Fun. I have great fun playing MW. Like i have when I play golf.

I have several eclectic hobbies which all cost me money. I have had hobbies in the past which I spent money on but stopped when I got bored.

I either will or won't get bored of MW. That's my choice. And no one will ever tell me what to spend my money on other than me

My family are looked after, the taxman geys his pound of flesh, I save for the future and I spend what I want on want I want.

If you think I'm trying to sound superior, that's your angst, not mine.

I love this game. If it implodes, so be it, I'll probably start collecting fossils or take up hand gliding. Or whatever the hell I like.

I do these posts to try and give a different perspective. As several other people do. I quite like being in the minority and pushing back against the tide.

It's another one of my eclectic hobbies....

And the only time I've ever woken up and regretted spending money was when I drank too much.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kguittar View Post
    this thread had potential to be useful, then I saw DEWIN NUTTIN post and knew it was a waste of time. please start doing nothing instead of lighting the "gree sucks, quit spending money" fire.
    +1 His posts have getting real annoying and repetitive lately, completely no value added to the community.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    +1 His posts have getting real annoying and repetitive lately, completely no value added to the community.
    Yeah there's lots of "value" floating around out there right now from Gree...LMFAO

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think that's the point I'm trying to make. Let me spend my own money on what I want.

The poster who answered my golf question wrote articulately and fairly. Unfortunately the point, which I am clearly hopeless at explaining is, I love MW

I love spending my money on it. I love it's quirks and rough edges. It's part of the fun for me.

And that's the ONLY important thing to me. Fun. I have great fun playing MW. Like i have when I play golf.

I have several eclectic hobbies which all cost me money. I have had hobbies in the past which I spent money on but stopped when I got bored.

I either will or won't get bored of MW. That's my choice. And no one will ever tell me what to spend my money on other than me

My family are looked after, the taxman geys his pound of flesh, I save for the future and I spend what I want on want I want.

I love this game. If it implodes, so be it, I'll probably start collecting fossils or take up hand gliding. Or whatever the hell I like.

I do these posts to try and give a different perspective. As several other people do. I quite like being in the minority and pushing back against the tide.

And the only time I've ever woken up and regretted spending money was when I drank too much.
    This is the most lucid argument for spending money on a defective product I've read to date. I am almost convinced to refrain from criticizing the repeated roll outs of flawed upgrades and unpractical innovation. Perhaps I will try to view the flaws as intentional game challenges.
    Become one with the design failures ohmmmmmmmmm
    Yes. Feeling better already.
    Thank you robmurphy for a new perspective.
    In Canada a Vault of Gold on Android is $100.00 and on iOS it is $140.00

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    This is the most lucid argument for spending money on a defective product I've read to date. I am almost convinced to refrain from criticizing the repeated roll outs of flawed upgrades and unpractical innovation. Perhaps I will try to view the flaws as intentional game challenges.
    Become one with the design failures ohmmmmmmmmm
    Yes. Feeling better already.
    Thank you robmurphy for a new perspective.
    He's a perfect exemple of a top faction addicted player. 'Quirks and rough edges'? Is he kidding me? Completely blinded by his addiction to this flawed, broken game. Unfortunately for him, like he said, very small minority still enjoy this game and willing to spend money on it. I'm in a T150, and saw numerous players leaving T50, T25 factions to join T150, T250 factions because they don't want to spend anymore. The rate of merging is accelerating also by the day. Like most says, the game is dying and Gree is only trying to squeeze as much money of the last few addicted whales until they shut it down.

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlion View Post
    He's a perfect exemple of a top faction addicted player. 'Quirks and rough edges'? Is he kidding me? Completely blinded by his addiction to this flawed, broken game. Unfortunately for him, like he said, very small minority still enjoy this game and willing to spend money on it. I'm in a T150, and saw numerous players leaving T50, T25 factions to join T150, T250 factions because they don't want to spend anymore. The rate of merging is accelerating also by the day. Like most says, the game is dying and Gree is only trying to squeeze as much money of the last few addicted whales until they shut it down.
    Even his own faction seems to have pulled a merge to survive the massive flight away from the game.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    Even his own faction seems to have pulled a merge to survive the massive flight away from the game.
    The party is over, all that are left are the drunks who are almost passed out on the couch that refuse to leave. Beer runs are over gents. The party was over two years ago. Time to come to grips with reality and sober up or find another party. Or don't, I don't really care, I just like to sit back watch the house get torn up. I find it more entertaining then the game ever was.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Post Count

Ha! Well said. Suck it, Trolls!
    LEGENDS

You get what you put in and people get what they deserve.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kmg108 View Post
    My question is simply to ask what is the point of purchasing said buildings, and how do those buildings add anything new or "exciting" to the game? It appears further discussion has been created from that point forward...but no real answers.
    Kmg,
    I think part of the answer is new players download the game daily. Some of those will jump all over these cash buildings as they didn't have access to the rigs, stations, hotels, etc. even during the temp Rerelease. GREE has to provide a way for those folks to "catch up" , so while most of us ignore he chance to get them, new gold spenders are developed for the future.