DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this game any good?

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Is this game any good?

Hi I am looking to play a new game, and I was wondering if this was a good one. I don't want to invest much time and no money because I don't want to lose out on my investment. I was wondering if this game is worth my time and if someone can tell me a lil about the gameplay and events

Post Count
    I suggest reading this forum for a bit. You can clearly see from the expressed attitudes of the players how much fun they have. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit d Frog View Post
    Hi I am looking to play a new game, and I was wondering if this was a good one. I don't want to invest much time and no money because I don't want to lose out on my investment. I was wondering if this game is worth my time and if someone can tell me a lil about the gameplay and events
    Investing time is a must if you don't wish to "invest" real money. Without it you'll go nowhere in terms of stats. If you're bobbling along the bottom in stats the only thing left is building your hood. Sort of Sim City without the bits you'd play that game for.

Really the best reason to play CC is the people you'll meet in the game, both good and (has to be said) idiotic. Getting under the skin of the latter is more fun than most other bits.
    Last edited by sister morphine; 05-19-2015 at 07:20 AM.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I am/ was an avid player of beyond the dead and they told us they weren't getting rid of the game about a month ago and last week they stopped doing events and responding to people. I am not sure if I am going to play another gree game, but I thought this one looked good.

Post Count
    I'll probably get another infraction point, but do yourself a favor and stay away from gree games. I heard CoC is good.

Post Count
    Apparently we're allowed to talk about other games now, but yeah, using their forum to tell their customers to stay away is probably not a good idea...

I like Puzzle and Dragons. Clash got really boring at the high town hall levels.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Apparently we're allowed to talk about other games now, but yeah, using their forum to tell their customers to stay away is probably not a good idea...
    After the silent treatment over at BtD, I am not sure I really care what they think, as it is apparent that they don't care what we think either.

Post Count
    This game's good if you have a good syndicate.

I've been playing Battle for the Throne too. Awesome trading card type game that caught me by surprise how much I enjoy it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    After the silent treatment over at BtD, I am not sure I really care what they think, as it is apparent that they don't care what we think either.
    Yeah, I honestly don't care what they think of me, but I do hope to avoid the attention of the banhammer. I assume others feel the same way. I usually have no idea what the rules here actually require of me, but I'm pretty sure telling customers to go somewhere else is an easy one.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't care what they think of me, but I do hope to avoid the attention of the banhammer. I assume others feel the same way. I usually have no idea what the rules here actually require of me, but I'm pretty sure telling customers to go somewhere else is an easy one.
    At this point, if they ban me, fine. After seeing their behavior over at BtD, I have lost all respect. As for mentioning other games, they are pretty much driving everybody over there away anyway, so the topic of other games is something they initiated.

One big "meh".....

Post Count
    I think Crme City is worth your time if you like playing these types of apps.
    CC has a lot of gold buyers that can support the app for a few more years, hopefully.

After all of the promises, I'm a bit surprised the Community Management Team has gone silent in the Beyond the Dead Forum. Even if they can't say anything about the app ending, they could have posted something like, "We'll have an update later." Blatantly ignoring them is cruel & disrespectful. Gotta give respect to get it.
    I guess BtD is the CC Accomplice of GREE.

Consistent Contributor JakeCullen's Avatar
    Post Count
    Crime City is a game? That's news! :-)
    Face it, I'm hotter and colder than you. :-)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post
    I think Crme City is worth your time if you like playing these types of apps.
    CC has a lot of gold buyers that can support the app for a few more years, hopefully.

After all of the promises, I'm a bit surprised the Community Management Team has gone silent in the Beyond the Dead Forum. Even if they can't say anything about the app ending, they could have posted something like, "We'll have an update later." Blatantly ignoring them is cruel & disrespectful. Gotta give respect to get it.
    I guess BtD is the CC Accomplice of GREE.
    They have gone silent with other games they have shut down. At least this time, they are pulling off events in advance so people don't spend money right before the shutdown and then run to Apple for refunds. So I guess you could say they are getting practiced at this. Still weaselly, but practiced.

Post Count
    Yep! At least we'll know what to expect when the time comes.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit d Frog View Post
    What an interesting way to make a decision on game selection. As you can see from your reception in this thread, some in the community are not too friendly, especially to newbies. However, fortunately, they're not a majority, and there are some nice people playing. In terms of time commitment, or monetary investment, the requirements are very high if you wish to get pretty much anywhere in this game. It was not always that way, but it is now.